Jack Harris 29-Jul-16
jdee 29-Jul-16
ACLakey 29-Jul-16
carcus 30-Jul-16
Paul@thefort 30-Jul-16
24-Jul-16

ACLakey's embedded Photo
ACLakey's embedded Photo
Well, it has been 15 years of bliss with my Hoyt Vortec Saber Cam bow. I have killed everything from squirrels to Bison and it has never let me down. The past few years I have been toying with the idea of upgrading but then I shoot the Hoyt and forget all about that noise. Last season I used my last axle kit and parts for the aging wonder are scarce so I went and did it....I got a great deal on a 2014 Bowtech Carbon Overdrive and so far I love it!

I went with a rock solid Spot Hogg Real Deal 7 sight, Tight Point quiver, Octane Hostage max rest. Stinger stabilizer and Maxima Red arrows(still waiting for them)

The Hoyt at 75lb has been shooting these 450gr arrows at 255fps which gave me clean pass throughs on Bison. The same arrows out of the Bowtech are running straight up 300fps!! I am thinking about pushing some 2219 arrows at 585gr at the same 255fps. That should do the trick.

Bear season opens on August 1st, I'll be doing a lot of Bear hunting/scouting this month waiting for deer and elk to open on August 27th...I am stoked!

24-Jul-16
I hope those are knot holes I am seeing in your fence. If k(not) the Hoyt may need another maintenance schedule. ;-)

Good luck with your new setup. A show stopper no doubt.

The Rock

24-Jul-16
Congratulations on a new bow!

Sorry about the downgrade to the Bowtech.

... just a Hoyt guy yanking your chain... sorta :)

24-Jul-16

ACLakey's embedded Photo
ACLakey's embedded Photo
haha...this one shoots just fine. :-)

24-Jul-16
Good looking bow. Looks like it will serve you well.

24-Jul-16
I don't know how close you were, but that target is ready to field dress !

25-Jul-16
Thanks, I was dialing my 20 yard pin in...check. I am waiting for my Maxima Red arrows to show so I can finish tuning this bow and to set my other pins...the wait is killing me. :-)

25-Jul-16
Beautiful Bow ACLakey!

Just make sure you dont have any CAM Lean at full draw.

I had the Carbon Knight and that was a huge issue i had with it.

Good Luck with your new bow!

29-Jul-16

ACLakey's embedded Photo
ACLakey's embedded Photo
All ready to go.

On a positive note, I put a camera on the pond my Dad and I have hunted for years. Three years ago the area burnt and this is the first year it's had water. In six days I have deer, bear, coyote, bobcat and wild horses coming in... Looking good, bear season opens Monday!

29-Jul-16

TD's Link
A touch of the right amount of static lean is actually where you want it. Yoke system makes it easy, set the rest down the pipe and use the yokes to paper tune. Great method of tuning double yoke systems. Awesome.

The link is to yoke tuning a 350 destroyer but it's pretty much the same system. A long read, but the guy that wrote is a bowtech guru.

29-Jul-16
Gorgeous - enjoy the heck out of it for years!

29-Jul-16
good post - love the enthusiasm.... I am getting "close" with my 2010 Matthews z7, but still not ready to stop hunting her... The recurve shooting is getting better and better so maybe will cheat with that 48# beauty a bit... At age 52 my next compound bow will not be same 65#, but probably 55-60, whatever shoots smoothest...

Good luck with your new addition - wishing you a long productive run with her...

29-Jul-16
Great looking bow !!

29-Jul-16
Thanks for the link and compliments. I have been having a little difficulty tuning without a press, I will be going to the bow shop first thing to get this dialed in a little better using the method posted.

30-Jul-16
"Just make sure you dont have any CAM Lean at full draw. I had the Carbon Knight and that was a huge issue i had with it."

This is carbon overdrive, it has dual static yokes, which means you can lean the cams in any direction you want, Carbon knight is like an elite no yokes, you couldn't give me that bow!

Great upgrade! Bowtechs are the most tune-able bows on the planet

30-Jul-16
The only problem I see with your set up is the red arrow shafts. They look like "pass through" arrows even before they leave the bow.

Other than that,---------------Bad Ass!

my best, Paul

• Sitka Gear