Worthless 26-Jul-16
Jim/WA 26-Jul-16
DonVathome 26-Jul-16
Z Barebow 26-Jul-16
oldgoat 26-Jul-16
Jim/WA 27-Jul-16
DonVathome 27-Jul-16
26-Jul-16
Anyone sue them on snow? Tired of feeling like my foot slips back 1/3 of each step. Do they really help or are they about the same as a good boot tread? They look great for ice but I am skeptic about their performance on snow - it does not look like they will cut in deep enough.

26-Jul-16
I run in the things here in the winter. Good on snow and ice.

26-Jul-16
I went thru a couple pair before switching to Kahtoola Microspikes. Here in the pacific northwest I carry microspikes in my pack year round. They work well for just about everything.

26-Jul-16
Did you like them on uncompressed snow?

26-Jul-16
Don Yaxtrax work very well in snow. I used them for running quite a bit.

26-Jul-16
They work great, but they don't have near the life expectancy of the Kahtoola, buy once, cry once! It's amazing how much traction devices reduce fatigue, night and day difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27-Jul-16
Loose snow, wet leaves, pretty much anything wet, loose and/or slippery. Lots of people out here -- myself included -- use them in place of crampons up to the point where the danger factor takes over. Typically that means steep and icy. I never had any problems with yaxtrax either other than durability.

27-Jul-16
Thanks guys, I will use them only 3 days a year (at least at this point). Last year in WY in Dec walking 10 miles a day without was frustrating!

Label says packed snow and ice hence my worry over unpacked snow. Seemed like they would work.

Good luck!

• Sitka Gear