Grubby 28-Jul-16
Bou'bound 28-Jul-16
PAOH 28-Jul-16
Animal Killer 10-Aug-16
Genesis 10-Aug-16
Bow Nut 10-Aug-16
27-Jul-16
What do folks like?

Have a set of Helly Hansen Impertecs. They are 100% waterproof. But they are heavy and a bit too noisy for treestand use.

Also, what do you recommend to have in your pack just in case it rains? And what do you recommend for sitting through an all-day rain?

27-Jul-16

SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo
SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo
I use Frogg Toggs - they are light weight, but don't breath well at all - like most rain gear; I put top on after I get in the stand & can roll into ball for easy packing.

I cant say enough about the camo umbrella however. An imparitive piece of rain gear I use. If you get one, practice setting up a few times before using afield; less movement in stand, the better.

27-Jul-16
Have been very happy with my Cabela's packable rain gear (kinda pricey but worth the cost) and X2 on the tree umbrella also.

27-Jul-16
I use Frogg Toggs or some really nice Chinese made stuff off amazon for about $60. The Chinese stuff is shark skin material and has insulation, but it also has a lot of vent options.

Just for clarification. The Chinese gear is the exact same gear made in the exact same factory that is sold by companies like 5.11 tactical. They import in bulk, sew their names onto it, and up the price by 200%.

27-Jul-16
cabelas space rain for packing. X3 on the umbrella

27-Jul-16
Never really wear rain gear for whitetail stand hunting. If it is raining hard the deer tend not to move anyway. Right before and right after a rain has great deer movement. I would say the field and stream stuff sold by Dicks is pretty good for the money. A whole suit for around 100 bucks. Shawn

27-Jul-16
Cheap pvc jacket to get up in the tree and then the umbrella!!!! No rain gear needed.

27-Jul-16
If you're looking for quiet.... rivers west is as quiet as they make it. Depending on the model they can be pretty hot, but sitting around in a stand isn't likely to get you very sweaty. They do soak up some water but if you have a place to dry it at night it works really well.

28-Jul-16
The biggest problem I have had is that my rain gear does zero good in my truck. The space rain is in my pack so I have it if needed. It's good stuff reasonably priced. I do have one complaint, last year I wore it on my walk out in Wisconsin one night and the amount of small burrs stuck to it was crazy. They were not easy to pick off!

28-Jul-16
if it is raining I want to stay dry. wet is wet. not sure whey I would use different gear in a tree vs. on the ground. get the quietest and best you can afford and wear it when it is raining.

28-Jul-16
marmont precip for walk in to stand then umbrella

10-Aug-16
Just picked up a set of the new Exo Rain gear pants and jacket from badland packs. They came out with a new camo this year. THought id give them a try.

10-Aug-16
I typically wear a Helly Hanson 3/4 Guide jacket with pants tucked into Muck boots.Yeah I get wet kneecaps in a downpour but I love the convience of the 3/4 Jacket.It's glossy and loud but has never cost me a shot

10-Aug-16
Sitka downpour or incinerator. Wear it and no need to pack anything.!!!!!!

• Sitka Gear