Hugh 02-Aug-16
rooster 03-Aug-16
Bou'bound 04-Aug-16
John Haeberle 04-Aug-16
Bigdan 04-Aug-16
Nick Muche 05-Aug-16
Bou'bound 05-Aug-16
01-Aug-16
Wondering if anyone makes or would be willing to make a special order of a half-dozen of those Sitka Blacktail doe hats. I arranged a trip to Kodiak for a group of friends for the first week of November (I was supposed to go but work commitments dictated otherwise :(. Wanted to send some up for the group in my absence (whether they work or not would be worth the laughs - though I do understand they can be effective)

Thanks

01-Aug-16
Get a hold of Blacktail Bob he can put you on to them

02-Aug-16

Hugh's embedded Photo
Hugh's embedded Photo
I just made one up this weekend for antelope. It wasn't that hard, and although it won't win any awards, it does look like an antelope. I took a deer manikin and used cardboard from 12 pack pop boxes to cut a pattern. I then got tan/white/black felt from joann fabrics. I sewed everything together. To get the horns to stand up, I bend a small gauge wire in a u shape and stuck it up through the bottom of the horns. I then used snaps(from Joanns) to affix the hat to the head. For fill I used cotton batting, but its too heavy and Im going to refill it with poly fiber fill.

02-Aug-16

02-Aug-16

02-Aug-16

Hugh's embedded Photo
Hugh's embedded Photo

03-Aug-16
I was thinking that you could use foam rubber or styro foam to make a head to fit over/attach to a ball cap. with styro you would have to use latex paint. I don't think it would be all that difficult.

04-Aug-16
you need to paint a white patch on your hat to replicate the throat / neck markings

04-Aug-16
Bou ... you mean a black patch

04-Aug-16
Blacktail bob is hunting Deer on POW heard he kill a 107 all ready in my old spot I showed him

05-Aug-16
Good for Bob, I don't doubt it! Awesome.

The hats work folks. Lisa gave me one of Bobs and I killed a buck shortly after.

I'm no Kelly Harris or whatever n stuff but I did kill a buck and such with the hat.

05-Aug-16
No I don't mean a black patch. there is no black on the throat of an antelope. there is a white pattern when looking head on that circles the neck and then more white that moves down to the brisket.

The black patch is under the ear and behind the eye and is not visible when looking head on.

• Sitka Gear