Buyse 02-Aug-16
SteveB 02-Aug-16
mountainman 02-Aug-16
WV Mountaineer 02-Aug-16
Rupe 02-Aug-16
drycreek 02-Aug-16
willliamtell 02-Aug-16
01-Aug-16
I had the good fortune of receiving a phone call from a friend while home for Christmas that a mountain lion had dragged a whitetail deer across a logging road and onto a flat below the road. I went up there the next day, found the carcass and set up a trailcam. Here was some of the footage I captured.

Adult Female Mountain Lion and Kitten Feeding on Whitetail Buck from David Neils on Vimeo.

02-Aug-16
Impressive. They are a beautiful creature. The buck looks pretty decent as well!

02-Aug-16
I ended up with five hours of footage in four days. What luck. Three hours of night video and two hours of daytime video.

Female Adult Mountain Lion with Kitten - Grooming from David Neils on Vimeo.

02-Aug-16
I wish that my camera placement was as lucky as yours was!! Great footage!!

02-Aug-16
Awesome!!!!! Thank you for sharing, that is amazing footage!!!!!

02-Aug-16
What brand trail cam are you using? Quality is outstanding, thanks for sharing.

02-Aug-16
Very Cool !

Thanks for sharing

Good luck, Robb

02-Aug-16

CO_Bowhunter's embedded Photo
CO_Bowhunter's embedded Photo
Thanks for the comments. For this footage I was using a Browning Spec Ops FHD. Browning came out with two new cameras this year that have LCD screens, allowing me to better set the camera up with a live view and review footage in the field. They are:

Browning Recon Force Platinum

and

Browning Spec Ops FHD Platinum

The second uses an IR light that can't be seen by humans or animals, at least that is the claim. Wolves can see IR light.

I also have a homemade trailcam based on a Nikon D3200 camera. I use two slave flashes, typically one in a tree overhead and one on a tripod off to the side of where I think an animal will pass by. Here's an example of a fox photo.

02-Aug-16
Very cool, thanks for posting!

02-Aug-16
Just a heads up,the cameras aren't legal to have out in MT,that time of year.I personally think it stinks but that's the way it is.Great videos.

02-Aug-16
Great videos!

02-Aug-16
Thanks Jim! I didn't realize that. I wasn't using the footage to gain a hunting advantage. I've never had an interest in hunting mountain lions. I focus on elk, deer and hogs and that's about it.

I appreciate the heads up. No hunter benefited from the footage. I know that.

02-Aug-16
I know.We are the only state in the nation,stuck with that law.The cameras don't give much advantage to the hunter.You have to know where the animal is before you even place the camera.I don't think anyone will bother you over that but just wanted to let you know.

Recently,I've been trying to help a rancher friend identify some trespassers but within 2 weeks,I will have to pull the cameras in,due to antelope bow season.It stinks.One picture could make a slam dunk case for the game warden.

02-Aug-16
For the record I think that what CO_Bowhunter was trying to say is that he mounted the game cam in Idaho and it was facing directly across the state line and recorded some lion activity in MT.

Cool stuff.

02-Aug-16
That was my assumption.I agree,cool stuff.

02-Aug-16
I liked this footage more than a professional documentary!

02-Aug-16
The way I read the MT law is that if you weren't hunting or relaying information to someone who was and didn't set it with the intention of relaying game location to anyone who was, its was fine.

02-Aug-16
Awesome footage. I see Camofire has the Browning Spec Ops Full HD on sale for $129.99. Thanks for sharing.

02-Aug-16
Really cool footage and glad you shared it!

02-Aug-16
Wow. That is an awesome thing to catch. Thanks for sharing!

02-Aug-16
Cool. I hate cats that lick everything. :^). God bless men

02-Aug-16
Awesome...thanks for sharing

02-Aug-16
Very good. Put cams on hog kills several times to catch coyote footage, but those boys are very camera shy. Blurs are the norm. Also tried to catch some pics on my traps, but just got coyotes passing, always looking straight at the camera. Pulled the cam and caught a yote two days later !

02-Aug-16
Nice pix! My wife claims I eat like the cat on the left. Just minus the claws hon. Mom was keeping an eye out, but the youngster was eating like it was starving.

They say trail cams are causing wildlife managers to rethink puma behavior - they've captured up to five cats on a kill at one time, including a couple of adult males.

• Sitka Gear