spike buck 11-Aug-16
eugeneb 11-Aug-16
SteveB 13-Aug-16
writer 13-Aug-16
t-roy 14-Aug-16
eugeneb 14-Aug-16
11-Aug-16
Hi

Some footage from a while back ... I might have posted it before ... camera work shaky ... wanted to hit a bit higher on that 1st shot

Cheers Eugene

11-Aug-16

spike buck's embedded Photo
We had our share of sightings of Water Buffalo near Kakadu. We didn't hunt them but awesome animals.

We enjoyed the wildlife so much we are going back in February.

11-Aug-16
and another

11-Aug-16
Hi Spike Buck

lol ... Kakadu in Feb = hot, humid and wet = good barra fishing = mosquitoes ...

I lived in Darwin for approx 7 years and now stay in Brisbane ... the build up and wet season became tooooo much ... lol

Hope you enjoy

Regards Eugene

11-Aug-16
Only time I can go. It was 44 celcius last I was there.

11-Aug-16
Cool videos. Amazing how those animals can take a BH and not really be initially phased."

11-Aug-16
Spike buck

I hear you ... difficult to explain to someone else what 44 celcius + 100% humidity feels like ... especially for extended periods of time ...

How do you get there ... by air? ... the roads in Kakadu would be inaccessible that time of year with all the monsoon rains

Cheers Eugene

11-Aug-16
Buff1

Thanks

Yes, they certainly can take a pounding.

Regards Eugene

11-Aug-16

Many times while in Kakadu, we had to turn around and find another way. You are lucky to be a hunting guide there.

As for mosquitoes, I work all day long with a upper body head net. I bought a can of bug spray at the place we rented in Kakadu and it cost almost $30.00.

We are going to a wedding in Australia for my nephew, might as well explore your great stomping grounds while there.

11-Aug-16

Drove many miles with a vehicle with snorkels.

11-Aug-16
Spike

Seems you are geared !

Been living in Brisbane for the past +12 months ... during my stay in Darwin I hunted 6-7 times per year (according to my wife it was more) in Arnhemland.

Recently decided to start the safari business so I will only visit during the dry season for hunting ... I do miss the bush out there, but not the build-up/wet season weather ... lol

Cheers Eugene

13-Aug-16
What kind of good hunting is available there and in NZ during mid-late June? I may be there then next year. Anything?

13-Aug-16
It's the dead of winter, Steve B....you should be able to find something. Envy you getting to go to New Zealand any time of the year, actually.

14-Aug-16
Cool videos Eugene! Nice added touch with the background music in the second one too!!!

I might have to put one of those brutes on my bucket list!

14-Aug-16
Thanks for the comments ... lol ... not the best quality vids ... will work on that ... lol

SteveB,

Unfortunately I cannot help you with NZ, however buff hunting (incl boars & wild oxen) end of June is not a problem.

Just to give you an idea of the of the Northern Territory (NT) ... it is a state/territory of Australia larger than e.g. South Africa or Namibia with an estimated population of only 250K ... so it is a vast and largely untouched wilderness where animals roam free. We hunt in an area (within NT) called Arnhemland.

If you were to do research on google and type in Kakadu National Park, Katherine Gorge, Arnhem Land, Litchfield, etc. and go to google images you will get an idea what it looks like.

Thanks & Regards Eugene

ps: You are also welcome to PM or email me at [email protected] if you have specific/more questions or have a look at our website www.ausbuffsafari.com

• Sitka Gear