UltimatePred 07-Mar-17
dg72a 09-Mar-17
UltimatePred 13-Apr-17
15-Aug-16

UltimatePred's embedded Photo

UltimatePred's Link
Hey Guys,

This is Lance Hallum from Ultimate Predator. I am one of the owners, and we are super excited to be a new Bowsite Sponsor. We would like to welcome all of the Bowsite members to the Ultimate Predator family by offering a 10% discount off of all of our products during the month of August. Just use promo code Bowsite10% during checkout.

One of our main product lines is our Stalker Decoys. Our collapsible, shoot-thru, bow mounted decoys come in elk, mule deer, antelope, whitetail, turkey, domestic cow, hog, coyote, and now moose! They weigh only a mere 7-10 ounces depending on the species and all collapse to the size of a Frisbee.

You guys will also have to check out our Wind Drifter decoys. We currently have our turkey decoys and soon will have our Canadas and Snows. Not far behind those, we will have our life-size Whitetail Wind Drifter.

Stay tuned for the release of our newest product. All I’m going to say for now is that all types of hunters are going to love it, and it’s KILLER……

15-Aug-16
I bought an Elk one for this season, looking forward to using it. Might have to invest in the Antelope version with that deal!

15-Aug-16
might be a good way to get shot?

15-Aug-16
Worthless, thank you for your purchase. We really appreciate your business! Be sure to let us know how your hunt goes.

15-Aug-16
"might be a good way to get shot?"

I bet the odds are better you get bred by a bull.

Welcome, Lance! How quick is it to deploy?

15-Aug-16

Peej, we only recommend hunting during archery season and on private land. As an added defense against poachers, each decoy comes standard with built in safety orange straps.

15-Aug-16
Midwest, it deploys in literally a second. You can toss it in the air and let it pop open if you would like. However, I wouldn't recommend that with animals around....lol. Think of a sun shade for the dash of your car.

Thanks for the welcome!

16-Aug-16
My son cant wait to try this out on whitetails this year. He won this one at the p&y rendesvous

16-Aug-16
I got an elk and mule deer decoy a month ago and have been shooting with them on. If you have the velcro on your bow already, the decoy actually goes on pretty dang quick.

That said, you will definitely want to shoot with it before using it on animals.

Looking forward to trying them out this fall.

EDIT: Lance, I realize it's 2016 and you have to say that, but I'm going to be using mine on public land :) I'm not too worried during archery season in buck/bull only units to put this on my bow for a setup. I think my odds of getting shot are worse just walking around in camo during the Southern California rifle season without a decoy.

16-Aug-16

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Welcome! Any decoy has to be easily pack able or it gets left behind!

16-Aug-16
I picked up the elk decoy earlier this year, great idea with this model. I have zero concerns using it during archery seasons. It's one of the best ones I've had my hands on!

I agree, decoys that are big, bulky & are a pain to use see little use even though we may feel they're a good idea!

ElkNut1

16-Aug-16
The decoys can also to attached to stick bows. Saw them at the recent Colorado Trad Jamboree.

my best, Paul

16-Aug-16
Hi Lance, awesome looking products. In my state deer decoys are prohibited. Is their any chance you are coming out with just a camo shoot through product? I like the concept for drawing back a bow on the ground but don't want to risk having a decoy like that. Thanks

16-Aug-16
How does it attach to a stick bow? PA-R

16-Aug-16
No buck antelope deek?

16-Aug-16
Shedhead, tell your son congrats. I hope he has as much fun as we do!

ldyllwidArcher and ElkNut1, thank you for your purchases! We sure appreciate your business.

16-Aug-16
PAR, there is a Velcro band that raps around the limbs and can stay in place if needed. The Velcro that is on the decoy attaches to that. A few shot their sticsk with the decoy on and found no issues. As with any attachments, one need to practice to compensate for the extra weight.

16-Aug-16

PA-R, each of our decoys come with 3 Velcro straps used for attachment. However, with stick bows, you only need 2 of the straps. I'll attach a photo of our mule deer on a recurve. Let me know if you would like to see more photos. I have many more of the decoys attached to various longbows and recurves.

16-Aug-16
spike78, I'm actually glad you mentioned that. We had discussed the camo concept heavily several months ago but temporarily tabled it while we were focusing on other species. However, I believe it is definitely time to revisit camo.

16-Aug-16
Midwest, each of our decoys come ready to accept horns. However, we do not currently have any horns manufactured. I have not been happy with material options up to this point.

16-Aug-16
Thanks for the quick feedback. I'm hoping you come out with camo. I like the way that folds up and packs away.

16-Aug-16
Spike - looks like you could just flip the animal backwords if you want camo ;)

16-Aug-16
i got the muley version a few months ago, will be testing it out in a few weeks...

16-Aug-16
Apauls, try telling that to the warden lol

16-Aug-16
I bought a set of wind drifter turkey decoys after seeing them displayed all weekend at the CTAS High Country Shoot. Their motion is great. Can't wait to try them out.

16-Aug-16
Ixslracxi and Kadbow, thank you both for your purchases. I hope they bring you guys great luck!

16-Aug-16
I got mine at the (NRA) Harrisburg Pa show. Elk season can't come fast enough.

I hear/heard that you my have a new way to attach it to a bow.. Yes no?

Thanks Ed

16-Aug-16

shedhead's embedded Photo

16-Aug-16

17-Aug-16
I would like an elk and a mule deer, is there any discount for 2 or more?

Like free shipping or something?

Hey thanks---

Good luck, Robb

PS I posted your link over on Monster-Muleys about a month ago---lots of interest.

17-Aug-16
I ordered a elk decoy last night, I'll be sure to let you know how it works out for me

17-Aug-16
Is there a moose version in the works?

Like before this September?

17-Aug-16
Welcome aboard!

The camo one would be the ticket for ground hunting Turks and whitetail!

Mar

17-Aug-16
I have both the elk and whitetail deer. I will be using the elk come September and had good stalking success with the deer decoy. leave the Velcro in place on your bow. pop the thin open and slap it on. These things are the bomb

welcome to the site Lance.

17-Aug-16
Ambush, we actually just picked up our first batch of Moose a few days ago! You can find them on our website.

17-Aug-16
Many thanks Paul and Lance, Peter

17-Aug-16
I love the photo ShedHead!

THP, thank you for your purchase and definitely let us know.

GotBowAZ, glad to hear you had a little fun last season. Good Luck this year.

17-Aug-16
BulElk1, thank you so much for sharing our decoys. We greatly appreciate any and all exposure you guys provide!

Feel free to give me a shout at 719-800-1492, and I'll help you with your double order.

17-Aug-16

UltimatePred's Link
Ambush, we are very excited to have a few Moose Decoys in hand. We have a very limited quantity at the moment, but I should be receiving a large shipment in the next couple of weeks. If interested, you can order them on our Ultimate Predator Gear website. Thanks!

17-Aug-16
Great. I'd like to be the first archer in BC to hammer a bull from behind a Predator decoy/blind. US postal service to Canda is no problem? NOT UPS!! They rape Canadians.

17-Aug-16
I would love for you to be the 1st to hammer a bull, Ambush! We find that USPS is much easier going that way.

17-Aug-16
Just talked to Lance on the phone. He made ordering crazy easy and painless. Sounds like a GREAT guy and I wish him and his business the best!

17-Aug-16
Order is in.

Might end up being a fun tool for spot'n stalk spring bear to! They eat a lot of moose calves in the spring here.

17-Aug-16
I definitely would be interested in a camo model. Ideally it would be wider than the deer, antelope, etc. and in some open pattern camp like ASAP, Predator, etc. I think this would be perfect!

17-Aug-16
Had my elk delivered a month ago. Nice fast set up. Can't wait to use it next month.

17-Aug-16
I own the mule deer and im really impressed with the product. I shoot a PSE bow which is very short and compact. I would really like to see some closeup shots of how you have it attached to different lengths of compound bows. Thanks

18-Aug-16
Thank you

Good luck, Robb

18-Aug-16
Ambush, Allenin, and 19X thank all of you for your purchases. I can't wait to hear your hunting stories!

I would love to hear any and all suggestions you guys might have for a camo version. I definitely believe we will be making those sooner than later. Thank you in advance for the suggestions!

18-Aug-16

19X,

Hopefully, this will help. I just grabbed the 3 bows around our shop and attached an elk decoy to each one.

Left Bow - Bear BR33 Center Bow - Diamond Outlaw Right Bow - Hoyt Charger

18-Aug-16
Thanks that gives me a good idea of what I want. I came to full draw on deer that surprised me when I had the decoy on. He just stared at me. Unfortunately it was only a spike. But it was pretty cool. Neat product.

18-Aug-16
Just placed an order, thanks for your great customer service Lance!

18-Aug-16
19X, I'm happy to hear you got to have a little action with the decoy. We sure have fun interacting with the animals. We have thoroughly enjoyed the unique experiences we have gotten to have with numerous species since we launched the company 13 months ago.

Thank you for your purchase Aboks!

18-Aug-16
Just placed an order, thanks for your great customer service Lance!

18-Aug-16
You need the dementions of each on your site. Neat Idea, a bit more then I expected, but still to be considered. I need to know the size of the window in the whitetail model. want to see if how it would fit to my bows. thanks

18-Aug-16
r-man, the dimensions of the shoot-thru windows for each of our decoys is 13.5" x 4". In fact, I have recorded videos where I discuss the dimensions and answer commonly ask questions about the decoys. Shipping is insane right now, and I haven't had a second to upload them. Sorry about that.

Don't forget we are offering 10% off of all of our products to Bowsite members throughout the entire month of August. Just use Promo Code bowsite10%.

18-Aug-16
I bought one last week. Too bad I didn't have a promo code. Excited to try it on rutting muleys

18-Aug-16
I missed the 10% promo coupon to. Next order maybe?

18-Aug-16
You guys remind me on your next order, and I'l cover ya.

18-Aug-16
Ordered a deer and elk and received today. Super fast delivery! They look great! Why couldn't I think of this and retire?!?!

18-Aug-16
Lance, I think any camo would work, maybe either tree bark or real tree? Maybe even get creative and put some leafy suit type material on it.

19-Aug-16
Very cool product Lance. Just purchased mule deer and elk. Will be trying them out next month! One suggestion what about using magnetic straps vs velcro. Just prefer over the velcro noise and would give the option of taking on/off when near animals depending on the circumstances

19-Aug-16

Thank you for your purchases Sasquatch and Bowfanatic. Good luck!

Bowfinatic, thank you for the magnetic strip suggestion. I love hearing suggestions :). That is what makes us stronger as a company. We actually looked into magnets quite extensively early in the process. The main issue we were running into was in order to have sufficient enough gripping power, the magnets were adding way too much weight. We prefer to be as light as possible on the bow.

I feel like we went through 100 different attachment systems....lol...and kept coming back to Velcro. We knew we were going to lose ground a little because of noise but felt the versatility and benefits far out weighed the noise. The Velcro straps allow us to attach to compounds, attach to recurves, attach to longbows, attach to crossbows, attach to mono/bi/tripods for nature photographers, have the ability to make a handle on the back if you want to use them for calling or with a shotgun, easily attach to the outside of a pack, attach to bushes/trees, and much more.

Spike78, thank you for the suggestions. I agree on all accounts.

19-Aug-16
I ordered an elk and a mule deer on Wednesday received them today (Friday). Can't wait to try them out. Thanks Lance!

19-Aug-16
You are very welcome Nolan. We sure appreciate your business! Let us know how it goes.

19-Aug-16
I bought an elk at the CTAS shoot a couple of months ago and have been shooting with it on for a couple of weeks. I'm going to try and put it to the ultimate test next weekend!

19-Aug-16
Got my Elk today and took a couple shots in my back yard. No noticeable difference in point of impact and or balance of my bow. Great idea.

20-Aug-16

I can't wait to see what this season has in store for our customers! We launched Ultimate Predator RIGHT before elk season last year. Therefore, very few knew about us, and we still had many amazing stories. This year should be fun!

Don't forget we are offering 10% off of all products for Bowsite members through the end of the month. Use promo code bowsite10% during checkout.

05-Sep-16
Congratulation YellowJacket for shooting your beautiful CO bull at 30 yards with one of our Ultimate Predator Elk Decoys!

05-Sep-16
is there still a 10% discount available?

05-Sep-16
Unfortunately, that promo code expired at the end of August.

05-Sep-16

Congrats John on your CO bull!

05-Sep-16
Got the moose decoy a few days ago. It's bigger than I thought it would be, which I like. Although the focus is on caribou, I'll be in good moose country in two weeks. I'm quite excited to try it out on a few rut happy bulls.

05-Sep-16
Ambush, you will definitely have to let us know how it goes! As of right now, caribou is the next animal on the decoy list. Thank you for your purchase. We really appreciate your business!

05-Sep-16
So looking forward to trying my elk decoy out the last 2 weeks, I leave this coming Saturday.. I'll be hunting Colorado's u-76. I've sure done my homework studying the unit over the last 2 years on paper, computer and chatting with folks.

I shot with the decoy on my bow a few times with no chance to my shooting. My bow shot the same with it on as with it off.

Ed

06-Sep-16
Ed/Teeton,

Thank you for your purchase! We certainly don't think the decoys affect your shooting. However, it is still always wonderful to hear that from customers.

We actually just got back from Unit 68 which barely touches 76. You should have much better luck than we did. Let us know how it goes.

11-Sep-16

1st an elk. Then, an antelope. John's on fire with our Stalker Decoys!

11-Sep-16

A little AZ coues deer action....."Closing In"

11-Sep-16

AZ velvet mulie with our Stalker Decoy

14-Sep-16

Yellowjacket's embedded Photo
Yellowjacket's embedded Photo
Elk decoy worked like a charm! This bull came across an open meadow to 35 yards. Big advantage with the bow mounted decoy it covers the movement of drawing the bow.

14-Sep-16
Congratulations Yellowjacket! We are so happy to hear it worked for you. Thanks for sharing.

16-Sep-16

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
The riser on my Mathews Helium wouldn't allow me to use the "wrap around" attachment for the decoy. So this is what I came up with. In the end, it is tidier and less bulky.

I cut one strap in half and zip-tied a half to the top and bottom of the riser/limb.

16-Sep-16

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
Stick it on and pull the tag end onto the velcro pad of the decoy. seems pretty solid. I may add a horizontal strip if it waves too much in the wind.

16-Sep-16

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
So far my only complaint is that the ears are too floppy. I might stick a small, plastic stiffener on those.

16-Sep-16

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
And a view from the back.

I can also see using the two remaining velcro straps to quickly attach the decoy to a slender sapling and moving ahead twenty yards leaving the decoy to sway seductively in the breeze.

Heading out in a few days and hopefully back at the end of the month with stories of close encounters. Moose is secondary, but I will take opportunities that present themselves to try it out.

16-Sep-16
And I think the decoy should come with a lightweight stuff sack. Fold it, stick it in the sack and hang it on your pack or belt. Deployment would be quick, quiet and so much more likely to be used.

16-Sep-16
If you just keep bending the ears, eventually they stay where you want them. I've been leaving the ears unfolded when collapsing the decoy so that they're just how I want them when I deploy it.

16-Sep-16
Hey Guys (Ambush and IdyllwildArcher) , Luke with Ultimate Predator here...

On the back of the moose there are actually 2 short velcro straps, those are ear stays. We designed them for the guys who don't like their ears to move. You can attach them from the ear to the patch of velcro that they're attached to.

16-Sep-16

I just wanted to piggyback on Luke's explanation and share a photo of the moose ear stays.

16-Sep-16

There is also a second option if you do not want to use the stays. You can actually wrap the orange ear safety wraps tightly around they ears. By doing this, the ears will cup and not flop over.

16-Sep-16
Thanks, problem solved!

I hope you fellas have insurance incase I get violated by a big bull moose.

16-Sep-16

Ambush, looks like you found a nice way to attach the decoy. We are actually about to roll out with a quick release system that can be used with any of our decoys. It's a different style, but will accomplish the same thing as yours.

I'll show you a photo of the attachment method one of our friends uses with his Heli-M.

16-Sep-16

Here's another method he has used.

17-Sep-16

Way to go Christian. That's beautiful CO goat!

18-Sep-16

I'd say he's a shooter! lol

Congrats Paul!

30-Sep-16

I love this unique goat. It looks almost like he has a top hat.

Way to go Kyle!

30-Sep-16

Ben wrote, "Killed this bull in wide open antelope country in Unit 10 in AZ. In the picture attached the bull was bedded under the loan dead juniper on the right. I used the wind and the terrain to stalk the bull to 32 yards. Once in position I drew back and slowly stood up so the bull could see the decoy. He came out of his bed, went 5 yards and looked at the decoy broadside at 38 yards. That gave me plenty of time to make a perfect double lung shot. The rest was history, he ran about 150yards and tipped over. This successful stalk and kill wouldn't have been possible without my Ultimate Predator cow elk decoy. Thank you!!"

Way to go Ben!

30-Sep-16

Ben wrote, "Killed this bull in wide open antelope country in Unit 10 in AZ. In the picture attached the bull was bedded under the loan dead juniper on the right. I used the wind and the terrain to stalk the bull to 32 yards. Once in position I drew back and slowly stood up so the bull could see the decoy. He came out of his bed, went 5 yards and looked at the decoy broadside at 38 yards. That gave me plenty of time to make a perfect double lung shot. The rest was history, he ran about 150yards and tipped over. This successful stalk and kill wouldn't have been possible without my Ultimate Predator cow elk decoy. Thank you!!"

Way to go Ben!

30-Sep-16
Maybe you've said, but has anybody made detachable deer antlers for your decoy?

02-Oct-16
Writer, each decoy comes with velcro patches on the back of the head ready to accept antlers. I have prototyped a few sets, but we have not gone to production with any sets.

02-Oct-16
Dang....we do much better with weanie buck decoys rather than straight does.

26-Oct-16

14 year old Lincoln Tapp had this beautiful buck come right up to him in OK. He actually missed the first shot, was able to pull out a 2nd arrow, nock it, and drop the buck!
14 year old Lincoln Tapp had this beautiful buck come right up to him in OK. He actually missed the first shot, was able to pull out a 2nd arrow, nock it, and drop the buck!

UltimatePred's Link
In honor of such a kind review and the whitetail rut being just around the corner, we are offering a 15% DISCOUNT on our Whitetail Stalker Decoys! Offer ends Nov. 2nd. Use Promo Code: WhitetailStalkerDecoy

15-Nov-16

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I couldn't agree more! Check out these photos of Aaron Neilson from Trijicon's World of Sports Afield on the Sportsman Channel using our Whitetail Stalker Decoy to drop this 206 2/8" BEAST of a mulie!

15-Nov-16

UltimatePred's Link
Ultimate Predator's bow-mounted Stalker Decoys are a unique and effective way to get closer to your prey, buy those "couple of second" you need, break your silhouette, conceal your draw, or give you the experience of a lifetime. Order yours today at www.UltimatePredatorGear.com!

Ultimate Predator's Bow-Mounted Stalker Decoys from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

15-Nov-16
Sweet!

15-Nov-16
Watch 14 year old Lincoln Tapp from the Outdoor Channel's Young Wild shoot a beautiful 11 point at 20 yards using our Whitetail Stalker Decoy.

22-Nov-16

UltimatePred's Link
We just wanted to let you guys know that we will soon be running our biggest sale EVER!

25-Nov-16
Just ordered the Moose.....Now the wait begins tell next September!

01-Dec-16
Rockbass,

We greatly appreciate your business, and we hope you have as much fun with your decoy as we do!

06-Jan-17

We love this time of year. New Mexico and Arizona go crazy with our Stalker Decoys. It's always a blast seeing customers have fun and success.

06-Jan-17

Congrats Cory! He dropped two buck in the same week using our Stalker Decoys. I love how AZ has back to back seasons.

06-Jan-17

Way to go Cody!

07-Mar-17

UltimatePred's Link
THE GREAT TRADE IN EVENT......During the month of March, send us your old big game decoy, and we'll give you 30% OFF of the Stalker Decoy of your choice!

Mail to: Ultimate Predator PO Box 60364 Colorado Springs, CO 80960

Include you name & phone #, and we'll call you to take your order as soon as we receive it.

Check out our full line of products at www.UltimatePredatorGear.com.

09-Mar-17
Just ordered the whitetail decoy, and am excited to try it this fall. Thanks, Lance.

13-Apr-17
Thank you dg72a. We greatly appreciate your business!

• Sitka Gear