HockeyDad 24-Aug-16
elkstabber 25-Aug-16
elkstabber 26-Aug-16
eddie c 26-Aug-16
Tracker12 27-Aug-16
eddie c 01-Sep-16
Chaza402 01-Sep-16
17-Aug-16
So does anyone have a contact there other than the Customer Service Sales guys? I used to talk with Matt, but the email I sent him got kicked back.

18-Aug-16
This is sad to hear.. I called last season and talked to the owner immediately. He sent me out an updated sim card and told me to send mine in once I got the new updated one. Doesn't get any better than that!

I hope they work out the kinks..

18-Aug-16
Dave, same experience I had yesterday. I've always talked with Matt Seidel in the past, GREAT to work with. I sent him an email yesterday and it got kicked back. When I went to the website I see they are searching for a Marketing Director, assuming Matt is no longer there.

I spoke with a guy on the phone last fall he was super cool, and really helped. Well my card totally failed shortly after. I talked with two guys at Denver ISE and they also were really good to work with. When I called yesterday the CS technician just wanted me to "upgrade", all I want is a non-defective chip.....what I've already paid for, but they just wanted to take more money from me.

I'll pass on the feelings from this thread.

Thanks.

18-Aug-16
Ive had nothing but good service from them and when i need something i guess ive always gotten an answer in a day or so.

18-Aug-16
Elkaddict, Matt Seidel is still with the company. What kind of contact person do you need? CS, marketing, sales? Let me know and I'll help you out. -Tyson

18-Aug-16
Hey All,

Our email has changed to @onxmaps.com and not @huntinggpsmaps.com anymore.

I have moved to Product Development here at onXmaps. If you have any improvements for products please reach out at [email protected]

Customer service it is at 406-540-1602 email is [email protected]

We have 4 full time guys answering thousands of phone calls and emails everyday. With that volume I do sincerely apologize that sometimes a customer might not get the experience they want or an immediate response. We do work really hard and are committed to having a personal interaction with our customers.

Cheers, Matt

18-Aug-16
I did send an email this morning. Although I haven't received an email from anyone, it does appear that they have resolved my issue. Assuming this is Matt's doing most likely.

Thank-you for that. I'll update the thread when it's figured out.

18-Aug-16
great to see you will get taken care of!! Like i mentioned, OnX Maps is great to work with and they have always taken good care of me.

18-Aug-16
I had to good luck getting through and talked to a lady named Sarah and she helped me out.

24-Aug-16
I've contacted customer service and they still haven't answered my question. Any help would be appreciated.

Question: Does the onXmaps apps on my iPhone have the ability to edit a waypoint or "Go To" a waypoint similar to a GPS?

Thanks!

24-Aug-16
Hmmm, I called onXMaps just over a week ago. Found the phone number on their web site right under "Support".

I don't remember if I had to push a few buttons or not, but it must not have taken them long to answer because I don't remember any inconvenience.

Whomever answered was very helpful.

My product upgrade arrived in the mail 3 days later.

For those of you who rely on email - pick up the phone and call, for most companies, you will get resolution a lot quicker than by email or a 'web message'.

I've been a HuntingGpsMaps/OnXMaps customer for over 5 years and love them!

25-Aug-16
I had good luck with onXmaps last year but less than good luck this year. I realize that they have a unique product and there are certainly growing pains associated with their popular product.

Two weeks ago I emailed them asking about GPS functions like:

1.) editing a waypoint or 2.) is there a "Go To" function on my iPhone

But never never got a response. I had to email them because I was hunting in NV and there wasn't a good enough cell signal to call. They never gave me an answer.

Yesterday leaving work I called onXmaps and was put on hold. I drove from work to the grocery store, picked up a few things, and then when I got home (43 minutes) the phone call got cut off. It could have been their system or it could have been Verizon on my end. Either way I'd sure appreciate an answer from them or anybody who is familiar with onXmaps on an iPhone.

26-Aug-16
After emailing them yesterday I did receive a response. For those interested in the GPS functions on an iPhone here you go:

1. You can not edit a waypoint's coordinates. But what you can do is to search for the coordinates that you want to input. Then the screen will put the crosshairs on that coordinate. Then you can save a waypoint. It's a tedious work-around but it will work.

2. There is no "Go To" function available.

Overall, I like the satellite imagery and lines of public and private land but am very disappointed in the GPS functions. If you want GPS functions you'll have to pay $10 or so to get a GPS app from Trimble or similar. Then you'll have to switch between the two apps when you are in the field. There is lots of room for improvement here.

Good luck this hunting season!

26-Aug-16
is this the same app that is advertised on my phone as free from the google play store?

27-Aug-16
Is not a free service.

01-Sep-16
"Is not a free service."

showed up on my phone again. checked into it, 7 day free trail then $14.95 - #34.95 per item.

01-Sep-16
Just spoke with Tyson about a mix up I had from last year and he resolved it with no problem. Excellent customer service but I will say I had to sit on the line for a hot minute to get through.

• Sitka Gear