drycreek 19-Aug-16
PowellSixO 22-Aug-16
RMH 22-Aug-16
PowellSixO 24-Aug-16
longsprings 09-Dec-16
joehunter 09-Dec-16
hagelmiester 09-Jan-17
18-Aug-16
So I've been throwing the idea around of traveling out of state to do an archery antelope hunt with my younger brother. Now that we're both married, both have kids, both have carriers, and both live in different states, we don't get to spend any time together anymore. Now that I've got him hooked with archery, that's all he can talk about anymore. So long story short, I kinda want to surprise him with a birthday present next year (or at least let him know we're going, since we probably won't draw the very first year). I'd like to find a good outfitter, that has a great reputation for archery antelope hunts (lot's of opportunities). I realize that we will probably have to draw a tag for an area like this, but I'm willing to do that to get the right opportunity. I've already purchased a bonus point for both of us this year in Wyoming, so we'll be going into the draw with a point each. Can anyone recommend an outfitter? Also take into consideration, that I'm NOT a rich guy. This will probably be a one and only opportunity for us to pay for something like this. I've never hired an outfitter before, and don't want to spend a lot of money on a big mistake. Any and all help you guys could give me would be much appreciated!!! Thanks.

18-Aug-16
Four of us PA guys did a DIY Wyoming pronghorn hunt in 2013. We were hunting in a unit that we drew without any preference points. We saw the gate for Spearhead Ranch which I've heard good things about for pronghorn but I've never hunted with them myself. So there is one outfitter in an easy to draw unit and when we were there, there were lots of pronghorn around.

18-Aug-16
One of the great tools on Bowsite is the Outfitter Report. Many on that list are Bowsite sponsors and are reputable operations.

I would recommend purchasing a Bonus point as you may need it when selecting an area.

18-Aug-16
Pm Rock on here. I know he will have room because I'm not going next year and that leaves room for at least two. He's not an outfitter, but stands are in place for waterhole hunts and it's never been crowded. We have all been successful the last two seasons and it's an easy, no stress hunt. Motel and diner nearby, and the rancher is a great guy. Unless you just want the outfitter experience, this is the way to go IMO. Both of you can hunt for about the same money ( or less ) than if you go outfitted. I highly recommend this hunt for a first antelope hunt. PM if you want more info.

18-Aug-16
Werner Ranch is good. I was there a few years ago. Good hunt. They are a Bowsite sponsor

18-Aug-16
Thanks guys. I'll take a look into these options. I'll have to PM Rock as well. I don't have to hunt with an outfitter. I'm just wanting to give ourselves as much of a chance at tagging out as possible. Thanks.

18-Aug-16
How can I search for a specific user name, so that I can find a thread Rock has posted in, so that I can PM him?

19-Aug-16
On top of the main forums page there is the "Search Forums" option. Click on it and search "Rock". At the top of the search results you can choose "handle" or "user handle" or something like that and that should get it for you.

19-Aug-16
Powell, pm sent

22-Aug-16
Sweet thanks guys.

22-Aug-16
Sent you a PM

Ryan

24-Aug-16
Thanks for all the help everyone. I got a hold of Rock, and was able to get the info I needed. I told him to put me on the list, so now I'm just playing the waiting game. Can't wait. This will be my first antelope hunt ever. I have 6 points in AZ (where I'm from), and I'm probably looking at another 10 years to draw an archery tag. This hunt should be a good learning experience for me and my brother.

09-Dec-16
Corky liskos ranch great place

09-Dec-16
With one point you could do a little research - draw a tag in a 1 point unit- do some work on Google earth - mark every water hole - get the chip for land ownership - move your google earth water hole way points you marked on google earth to your Garmin maps - buy 2 blinds- go out the weekend prior to the opener on the 15th. Put up some blinds on remote water and hunt. Camp on BLM or get a cheap hotel.

09-Jan-17
Lot of the good outfitters book up early, I don't think Werner has any openings until 2019. So, if you want to go next fall it is not to early to start checking. i have gone 2 times and saw plenty of goats with the first hunt was great second not so much so do your homework and get references.

• Sitka Gear