Contributors to this thread:
Vids 23-Aug-16
Kurt 24-Aug-16
Charlie Rehor 24-Aug-16
TXHunter 24-Aug-16
Medicinemann 24-Aug-16
Vids 24-Aug-16
23-Aug-16
I have the opportunity to go on a last minute ewe hunt in Colorado. Someone turned in a tag and I was next on the list. Unfortunately, I have 3 weeks to prepare and I've never sheep hunted before! (I have done a mountain goat hunt though)

I'm looking to buy a book on bighorn sheep hunting to do some cram session studying, any advice on the best book to read? Thanks!

24-Aug-16
Vids, the Rocky Mt Bighorn Sheep Society published a bighorn hunting book (notebook type) a long time ago. The author was a fellow named Nelson......... forgot his first name who was very active in the club. I think he lived in Genesee or Evergreen area at that time. See if a club member has and will will loan you the book, and join the organization of you aren't already a member. They had a decent banquet and auction when I lived in CO in the 80s-2009. Also talk to the conservative officer/biologist for the area/unit you will be hunting. Get the data from previous hunts on where sheep were taken as well.

Good luck and take one home! Kurt

24-Aug-16
Also go to the sheep forum and read as many as you like! Good luck! C

24-Aug-16
"Sheep and Sheep Hunting" - Jack O'Connor "Sheep Hunting in Alaska" Tony Russ (Dalls, not bighorns, but by and large the same principles will apply).

There are many more but those two are a good place to start.

24-Aug-16
What unit?

24-Aug-16
S33 North side

• Sitka Gear