Alexis Desjardins 01-Dec-16
spike buck 01-Dec-16
krieger 18-Dec-16
spike buck 20-Dec-16
spike buck 20-Dec-16
31-Aug-16

spike buck's embedded Photo
Picture of bears interacting at Saxons site.

When he showed me this picture, I could not believe he did not take the big guy!! He had his weapon when he took this pic with his cell phone.

31-Aug-16

31-Aug-16

31-Aug-16

Sorry! Learning the tools.

31-Aug-16

Saxon, my hunting guide since 2010, had a couple of hours off and took this bear instantly.

31-Aug-16
What do you think the bears on Saxon bait weigh, they look huge.

31-Aug-16
Over 400 is my guess (live bear in picture)!! I got your message Greg, I'll get back to you soon.

31-Aug-16
Greg, got a bear off of Hillbilly bait this afternoon.

31-Aug-16
Another good one. How bout clay that was a real nice site. Liked the drive back into it can understand why the bears like it

31-Aug-16

Screwball's embedded Photo
Hey Chris, here you go. Might be right sow and boar. Have better individual shots of them with the other in the background. Always together lately. One much larger but always at 11:00 at night. Not huge.

01-Sep-16
Many bears were seen this week. 3 hunters hit bears tonight. Got some tracking to do. All archers.

02-Sep-16

Going for a 4km ATV ride to retrieve a bear off of Meadow Bait.

02-Sep-16

After a 30 second track job, there he was!!! Joey Tanner field dressing the bear.

02-Sep-16

Happy crossbow hunter!!!

03-Sep-16

John Miederhoff of St.Charles Mo area.

John and his wife were able to hunt together out of our new permanent stands built last year.

Kimber #2 bait.

03-Sep-16
Yup those new permanent stands are pretty nice. The one I was in was spectacular, roomy and quite.

03-Sep-16

This is a single person stand.

03-Sep-16

Call this one the honey moon suite.

03-Sep-16

Not much room in this one. Good for crossbow or rifle.

04-Sep-16

This one a shooter?

04-Sep-16

They all have tree in front of him except that one. LOL

04-Sep-16

Here's the smaller of the twins.

04-Sep-16
First bears a shooter. Third bear would make a few bear hunters happy!! Looks like your baits are doing good. When does your season open?? Are you using popcorn??

04-Sep-16
Screwball aka Brian, is from Gilman Wisconsin. Handle comes from him being a girls fast ball coach. Him and his brother have hundreds of acres of their own private acreage near ladysmith to bear and deer hunt in.

There is his brother, 4 nephews, his son and wife and many inlaws who are hard core avid WI bear hunters. Each year someone in the large family gets a bear tag in WI.

They have one tag this year. Good luck to your nephew Brian on a fun bear hunt this Fall season.

I'll see you in January on our way to the shows.

05-Sep-16
Thanks Chris, Appreciate your opinion as always you know bears. Missed the last two falls won't next year. Figure out where I am staying in August 2017 for sure. Since you ruined my camper. ;-) Needing some Pine Acres time, miss you guys. Bait: of course popcorn, grease, smoke, jello, cookies, nuts, granola. Picked some up from Jay at otter lake. Corn tasseled early though they are in it, acorns, many got nocked down by wind storm early so that is helping. Berries have already peeked. Bait is in a major travel corridor I located after only 30 years. Season opens September 7 Wednesday, lots of daytime activity. 4 more years to retirement then you will have to put up with us way more. Seems like 1983 was just yesterday.

05-Sep-16

Three bears tonight. Heres one Mel Green of Indiana tagged.

Had one hunter who had a sow with three cubs come into his bait. He said he accidentally made a noise and the bear ran to the ladder stand. Making typical popping noises.

Hunter got spooked and threw his pee bottle at the bear. Bear instantly came to the base of the stand, stood and shook his ladder. Scared the wits out of the hunter.

06-Sep-16
It can be a little hairy when that happens, good luck with the rest of the bear hunters. And hope the boys get some nice bucks, and take a few wolves can't believe how many wolves u got up there. U must be like a Duracell with the bear, deer and wolf hunters that's a lot of work my hats off to u good job.

06-Sep-16

Here's another successful bear bowhunter. Third bear was hit in the blade. All fours quartering shot.

Baits are getting hit hard right now

We had the Conservation Officer tagging along with us yesterday afternoon. He is the newer officer. Very professional, polite and does his job well. We are blessed to have many officers such as him in Dryden district.*** Kenora District CO's are a different story though!!!

Glad to see such quality hunters in camp this year, who are following the regs very well. Hats off to all our hunters in 2016!!!

Thanks Alexis.

06-Sep-16
What a year you've had Chris - congrats!

06-Sep-16
I had a nice CO in the Kenora district this summer check me when fishing. Had a different one was nice to me last summer as well. I only fish in the area though :) Winnipeg River close to town.

06-Sep-16

Took 3 loads of deboned carcasses out for wolf bait. Now have 3 heavily baited sites for September 17th.

07-Sep-16
Sounds like you are off to a good start for the week! Will you be putting out trail cameras on your wolf baits? It would be interesting to see pictures of them at the bait sites before the hunts.

07-Sep-16
Probably wont put cameras on the wolf baits. The less we hang around the baits the better.

Thanks Brandon, you were a pleasure to have in camp.

***Schmitty78, I sent you an important PM.

08-Sep-16

Timber wolf rug would look nice in a man cave

I put out some trail cams out at a few whitetail set ups. I'm looking forward to deer season!!!

14-Sep-16

New rules for deer, moose or Caribou entering into the state of Minnesota.

Only deer that have been processed and wrapped, meat quartered with no spinal matter attached, skull and antlers must be detached from the head with no brain matter on the skull cap.

Includes Caribou, whitetail deer and moose.

Check ahead of time with Minnesota DNR.

15-Sep-16
Chris your right on (i called border crossing) have to tag out early & get deer to processor,counting the days!!

15-Sep-16
I was out at Mutrie all day today Dave. No shortage of deer. Saw quite a few buck rubs already.

The loggers did some selective harvesting beyond the gate so I walked for 4 hours, scouting along the way. Going to take another week of scouting before I'm finished.

When done, up goes some double person ladder stands and pop up blinds, to compliment the sites all ready to go for this year.

Next week is Wolf hunting.

17-Sep-16

17-Sep-16

Refreshed the deer cane pits. Deer were on the cane within 5 minutes.

17-Sep-16

Went out to see if we can get the bear more interested in the bait. This Lake is called Helicopter Lake. Great Walleye fishing.

17-Sep-16

Joey throwing a bear bomb into the tree tops.

Bear bomb consists of 2 gallons of grease, 5 ounces of liquid smoke. Throw as high up as you can get it. Drips all evening giving a mist into the bait site and beyond.

Hope it works.

17-Sep-16

It worked!!!

Len Bitters of Wisconsin and his partner saw 7 bears this week. Before taking this one with his bow this afternoon.

Took a few Grouse and a feast of fish for suppers each night.

Wolf baits are stocked and ready for new hunters tomorrow, baits are hot and a little raunchy!!

One more week of hunters then done till Oct. 17th. Muzzle Loader season for deer begins. Rifle begins Oct 28th to 3rd week of november. Got all spots full for deer. Last week of November we start 2 weeks of wolf.

18-Sep-16

Andrew Kraemer and his wolf he took 10 minutes into his morning hunt. Hunter was 120 yards, when he raised is gun the wolf instantly saw him. Had no time to wait, shot instantly.

He is gone to buy a second seal and try to get the Alpha of the pack. There was a pack of them at his bait.

18-Sep-16

The "hoof" of a wolf is so much larger than a Coyote paw.

18-Sep-16

I must have a great piece of deeded deer land as these hunters were at my postings I put up yesterday. They were scouting my land and got caught!!

Guy on left is the town councilor, other on right works for the government OMNRF. Not too happy with me. Just took the picture.

Caught guys son on one of my trail cams which I set up to catch them.

19-Sep-16
when you have something good there's always someone wanting it!

19-Sep-16

Our wolf hunters are all tagged out now. 100% so far!!

Jason Holdiness

19-Sep-16

Bagged his wolf at 8:30 am this morning. Wind was blowing hard but he outsmarted his Alpha Male wolf.

Thanks Joey, great job!!!

19-Sep-16
Trespassers. GRRR Old gentlemen who used to have lots of trespass problem when Jerry and I bought our land told us the following. You know how to deal with trespassers? We answer no. He says: Shot'em in the leg. We look at each and and say what? He says then shot'em in the other leg. That way when they get to court they don't have a leg to stand on. LOL By the way he would shoot at people and even his own family but was a family friend of our parents. We caught two this year charged both.

19-Sep-16

Slamming TBars into the ground, close together. 2 rows of them. Then cut 5 inch trees and lay weaved in between them.

19-Sep-16

19-Sep-16

Lots of warning so they don't run into the berm and injure themselves.

19-Sep-16

Does that mean it is posted! I am so proud of you! That looks awesome. LOL Oh here is Cats bear picture makes it look small went 320 dressed.The one you said would make most hunters happy. The twins and the big one are still out there. This was number 4 on my list size wise. Sorry wrong picture thats him before death.

19-Sep-16

Try this again.

19-Sep-16
Tell Caitlan congrats for me on his Wisconsin bear.

01-Oct-16

This is the same site as our bear bait, Mutrie Rock. Pop up blind.

01-Oct-16

01-Oct-16
Chris is that mutrie outpost? If so tie him up for me!

01-Oct-16
Dave, I was in at Mutrie outpost all day today setting up. Lots of good fresh buck sign. See you in a couple of weeks!!

21-Oct-16

Camera from our Upper Falls Outpost Camp.

21-Oct-16

Another buck from Upper Falls Outpost.

22-Oct-16
Nice as usual.

23-Oct-16
Screwball, your nephew is hunting the deer in the above post.

23-Oct-16

23-Oct-16

Be a good buck in a year or 2. Mutrie Rock. I also have a hunter at this site right now. Have 7 hunters main camp this week, 2 Mutrie Outpost

23-Oct-16

8 point. Mutrie Rock Bait.

23-Oct-16

Mutrie Rock.

24-Oct-16
Spikebuck, Good Luck lot of whining and complaining from that crew. Glad your the guide!

29-Nov-16

Season was a tough one for Whitetails. Our deer were dressed with a fur coat for -40 and the temps during the rut was +65. Rut was at night.

We did take a few nice ones but were taken straight to the butcher instead of to camp so not many trophy photo's taken. Here is one we took.

Good news on the bear tag front this morning. Info not officially announced yet so I will wait to post the details!!

One of my wolf hunters hit a Timber Wolf this morning so we are going out to track it.

29-Nov-16

Chris Dixon tagged his first wolf. This is his 2nd try for a Timberwolf at Pine Acres. First trip he had wolves close to him, but none showed in front of him. But today they showed up at 20 yards from him.

29-Nov-16

Taken at 8:00 am this morning.

Pine Acres Bear Camp. [email protected] or 1-800-757-2241.

30-Nov-16
Great job Spike. That wolf looks huge!

01-Dec-16
That's a good size wolf, looks like a good hide on him congrats to the hunter

01-Dec-16
Hi Alex, unlike the earlier pictures posted, this one is fully furred out. It was a large male. Glad to get him as he was harassing the deer on our land.

We went in to get the CITIES permit and the hunter forgot his license. We remembered we posted the picture of his notched tag on bowsite.

Have his CITIES and EXPORT now. Thanks to Bowsite, did not have to run back to camp.

18-Dec-16
Beautiful wolf!

20-Dec-16

Pine Acres Bear Camp
Pine Acres Bear Camp
Were off to a good start. After our December wolf hunt we had a snare line set up. Taken from our Quibel outpost property.

20-Dec-16

Outfitters across Ontario, just got word, letters are on their way telling you what your allocation is. GOOD LUCK!!!

They are adding your numbers of form 33's for 2012, 13' and 14' up and dividing them by 3. That will be your quota. BUT if your numbers for 2015 are greater, you will get 2015 form 33's.

• Sitka Gear