Teeton 28-Sep-16
olebuck 28-Sep-16
Teeton 28-Sep-16
cervus 28-Sep-16
WV Mountaineer 28-Sep-16
Grubby 03-Oct-16
26-Sep-16

APauls's Link
Just thought I'd throw a quick review on a backpacking stove, since I got the idea from here to buy it. I included the stove in the link. It cost me $6.37CDN at the time shipped to my door (that's roughly $4US) and I used it for 9 days a few times a day and let me tell you this little puppy flat our works awesome! My buddy also has one has had it for years and it has not let him down.

Great range of flame, boiled 3 cups of water in 3 minutes, smaller amounts it seems like you just turn it on and she's boiling! Also used it to "steam" other home made meals as a microwave so I turned it down in that regard, but very impressive tiny little bundle. Have to give it 5 stars *****.

26-Sep-16
I bought one probably six months ago. Upon receiving it, I tried it out. It's awesome. Boils 16 ounces of water in about 5 minutes. Probably quicker but, I never turned it all the way up. I was so impressed, I bought 4 more as gifts and a back up. My fuel bottle and the stove both fit into my olicamp pot too. It is a great little device. God Bless

26-Sep-16
lol ya I just bought another 3 as gifts.

26-Sep-16

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
I got same stove 3 or 4 years ago and use this pot in pix. Love it. Pots are upside down on stoves to keep rain off.

26-Sep-16
Apauls, I to for the money gave them as gifts. They work as well as rocket steelheads. You know they say great minds think a like. :)

26-Sep-16
Awesome value!!!

26-Sep-16
Yep. Same one

26-Sep-16
Teeton it's getting a littl creepy - I received that same orange pot in the mail today!!!

26-Sep-16
...good recommendation...one on the way...thanks..

27-Sep-16
Bought a few as gifts last year and they work well. Still like my JetBoil stoves. Paid for and the cup mates to the burner and has a measuring cup on bottom and a two cup line inside. No reason to change till they go bad. But when they do I won't need to spend any money. I got them stuffed in the camper and truck for a just in case scenario. Need to cash some fuel bottles too.Good stove for little money. Sent some to my daughter and her boyfriend. They liked them too!

27-Sep-16
Went to buy a jetboil this summer ended up with the stove shown here couldn't be happier it's been used to keep 2 to 3 people fed for 9 days so far and has cooked everything from mountain house to trout to steak and backstrap!

27-Sep-16
I use that stove with the pot in my above pix. It works like the jet boil with the fins catching the heat from the stove. I got my pot from ebay a few years back for about 25 bucks with the shipping.

I keep the fingers on the stove folded in so the pot holder legs fit right inside the bottom of the pot. At 11k plus this season stove worked great.

I can't understand how they can make and ship the stove for under 10 bucks. With the big fuel canister I can get 10 days and only use half a canister. I now take it on day hunts for like whitetail with a can of soup/stew or ramen noodles or something. Nice to have a hot simple lunch for lunch.

Ed

27-Sep-16
I like my jet boil but this would be an awesome backup!!

27-Sep-16
Also be a good one for burning honey at a bear bait, stove is cheaper than a sterno

27-Sep-16
Also nice to take ice fishing to warm up some stew or even Mountain House for that matter.

I bought a food thermos this year my plan for all day sits is stew, etc. The BTU's are very impressive though. A pot with heat exchanger is definitely the way to go as well.

27-Sep-16
Just bought one of the burners. Tks!

What pot is recommended for 1-2 people for backpacking?

27-Sep-16
Depends on what your cooking, 2 1/2 cups will rehydrate most freeze dried meals I have a stainless steel 1 liter zebra pot that I use when cooking over a fire and will use with this stove.they are pretty cheap and decent quality. There are tons of options in size weight and material but it mainly comes down to how much you want to spend.

27-Sep-16
Looks like a Olicamp XTS Cooking Pot are the ones pictured above.

27-Sep-16
Russell, Is correct on the pot..

27-Sep-16
Hope I don't sound dumb, but what is the fuel source? Where to buy?

27-Sep-16
Isopropane/butane fuel. MSR, Jetboil etc. Last ones I bought came from Austin Canoe and Kayak. Catch them on sale. Buy a few six packs and split them with friends. It's pretty reasonable that way.

28-Sep-16
Thanks for the link. I'm blown away at the prices... must have really gotten a deal on some Chinese overstock. I'm more of a fan of "spider" stoves as they are so much more stable and "cookable" with a wider and more controllable flame. Push button light, etc. I think I paid $75+ for mine years ago (primus?) They have them for like $12.....

28-Sep-16
I used the stove and pot combo shown above this year and they worked great.

28-Sep-16
In my statement above I said.

" With the big fuel canister I can get 10 days and only use half a canister"

That's with the 8oz canister, Not the big 16 oz. And it's using the stove to boil 8 to 16 oz of water most mornings and 16 oz of water just about every evening.

Ed

28-Sep-16
I ordered 3. one for me. and for my brothers.

28-Sep-16

Teeton's Link
This is the stove in below link you want with the pot pix above, the Olicamp XTS Cooking Pot that has the heat exchanger. The flame on this stove with the legs folded in so the stove fits down inside the circle of the heat exchanger. The flame on this stove will go straight up hitting the bottom of the pot sending the flame/heat outward thru the heat exchanger fins. On other wider flame stoves the flame will not go between the circle of the heat exchanger. This stove weights in at under 4oz with the case, the pot if I remember right is about 8oz. I put a 8oz can of fuel upside down in the pot and then put the stove on top of that, put the lid on for packing. When boiling water with this pot don't snap the lid on just put it on top of the pot.

Here's the link to the stove that works well with the pot in my pix above. You can get these stoves on ebay from USA supplier's shipped for under 10 bucks if you look around ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultralight-Backpacking-Gas-Butane-Propane-Canister-Outdoor-Camp-Stove-Burner-/351731669786?hash=item51e4d75b1a:g:Mt8AAOSwvU5XM90Y

28-Sep-16
5 minutes to boil water seems like a very long time.

That would go through fuel much quicker than a jet boil, no?

28-Sep-16
I use the olicamp pot without the exchanger. I was running the stove on low heat. I didn't use the lid either. I'll guarantee you that even with my flat bottom pot, I could boil water in 3 minutes and change if I turn it up more. But, then it would use more fuel. :^)

I don't own a jet boil. I do own several of these and other brands of much higher cost. This one works just as well and is every bit as efficient.

The stoves are bought and shipped for $6 and change on ebay. It'd be worth the investment to see for yourself.

Teeton, I bought this stove and pot combo a while ago because of a post you made a while back on the subject. I put it together just like you described. You solved a dilemma of which stove, fuel, and pot combo to use for which occasion. Heck, I use them more for hot lunches and breakfast at work the I ever have or will while hunting. Thanks. God Bless

03-Oct-16
How about frying pans??? What is everyone using? I don't currently have one but would like to pick one up

• Sitka Gear