Russell 28-Sep-16
Ermine 28-Sep-16
x-man 28-Sep-16
LINK 28-Sep-16
Doubleforky 29-Sep-16
GLP 01-Oct-16
Buck Watcher 01-Oct-16
27-Sep-16
I'm in the market for new vanes for my arrows. I have tried the Blazers and one other shorter vane. They worked but I like the looks of the longer more traditional vane. I am hard on arrows so I also like the price of the older style. Is there a brand or company that you recommend?

Also, do you see a disadvantage shooting 4 vanes from a 65# compound? I like the looks of a 4 fletched arrow.

27-Sep-16
Suggest listening to the interview Pat did recently regarding broadhead tuning.

I'm currently testing Flex-fletch SK-200 and 300 vanes. Waiting a good windy day to test crosswind drift.

Regarding 3 vs 4 fletch, I use a Arizona Ez fletcher for 3 vanes.

Three works fine for me regarding 70+ yard shots.

Have used 4 fletch feathers too using a Bitzenburger jig.

Three is fine in my book.

27-Sep-16
Flex fletch is the best vane you can buy. Vanetec curl sitting in my quiver.

27-Sep-16
Have used 2" blazers for years.

I do primarily 4-fletch with a Bitz. Right Helical

If I 3-fletch, I use Bohning Helix Tower . It offers a wicked 3* RH

I've never experienced any problems with Blazers. I use plenty of glue when applying to arrow wrapping and then put drops of glue on each end of vanes to ensure adhesion.

27-Sep-16
Flex fletch are tough as hell and hold their shape even after dragging them through the sage for 2 weeks.

28-Sep-16
SK200s for me and they are as tough as any vane I've used. Great choice if you're in the market. I love 4 fletch too. Grab an arrow and Nock it without worry about a cock vane. Used three fletch earlier this fall and it almost cost me a caribou due to not being able to just put it on the string and shoot.

Best of luck

28-Sep-16
Good point about grabbing an arrow and nocking it.

Had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. Goat got away unscathed. Long story.

28-Sep-16

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
I like flex fletch. However they are pricey and require some prep.

Iv been shooting 4 fletch of the AAE pro max vanes with great results. They are tough and quieter than Blazers. But cheaper priced than flex fletch.

28-Sep-16
I made custom arrows for ten years in my archery shop. I used them all one time or another.

Norway Druavanes are more of a "rubber" type vane, adhere well, warp and wrinkle upon pass-thru's.

AAE Plastfletch are more of a "plastic" type vane, fair adhesion, limited warp and wrinkle, tear easy.

Vane Tec are a "hybrid" type vane, middle of the road in all aspects.

Easton Diamond vanes are made by AAE, see AAE comments.

Flex Fletch vanes are a "hybrid" type material vane, require special attention to prep for adhesion. Once adhered, they are the toughest vane money can buy.

28-Sep-16
Q2i Fusion. Several different length options. Are more plastic and rigid.

29-Sep-16
I switched from Blazers to Q2II fusion this year, just wanted to try something different after using Blazers for several years.

01-Oct-16
I use Q2i Fusion 3 in and use a 4 fletch configuration. Only thing that gives me more control is 4 fletch 4 in. feathers, but I have a love hate relationship w/ feathers. Find what works for you.

01-Oct-16
I have been a FlexFletch guy for quite a few years now. I use Zing Primer and AAE FastSet Gel & I can't rip them off with a pliers. The only think I don't care for is they last so long I can't try other kinds. It is hard for me to rip off a perfectly good vane.....even if it has been shot for 4 years.

BUT for me nothing steers a BH better than 4" Trueflight feathers.

• Sitka Gear