eddie c 29-Sep-16
milnrick 29-Sep-16
Knife2sharp 29-Sep-16
bowriter 29-Sep-16
EJG 29-Sep-16
bowriter 29-Sep-16
brianhood 29-Sep-16
28-Sep-16
Well, the heat wave finally broke, here and the deer strated moving. Had si come by yesterday morning-4does and two small bucks. Does styed just past 40-yards and I passed on the bucks. In the afternoon, I climbed into one of my old ladder stands, let two bucks go and popped a doe about 45-minutes into the hunt. That is deer #1 in my 62nd season of deer hunting.

From that ladder stand, I have killed 38-deer in 16 years. I have killed about 30-from other stands on that property and there are more deer there now, than when I started hunting it. It belongs to a former anti-hunter and card carrying PETA member, I now haveher eating deer meat and making moccasins out of the hides.

29-Sep-16

bowriter's embedded Photo
bowriter's embedded Photo
Make that #2 but from a different stand. Saw 10, four bucks, one a maybe shooter but too far out. Shot doe at 28-yards, she ran about 60...the wrong way. Good thing I had a golf cart. She got a hole-in-one...shoulder.

29-Sep-16
Congratulations

29-Sep-16
congrats. how did you convert the landowner?

29-Sep-16
Congratulations Bowriter, your season is off to a blazing start.

We're going to start setting on a few trails in the next few days and hope to put a couple in the freezer before the season ends.

That said, would you be kind enough to recommend a deer processor? Millie (Lady Bowhunter) and I are in the Oak Grove/Bethpage area and are not against driving a few miles to find a good processor.

Congratulations again.

Rick

29-Sep-16
You should change your handle to Doewriter.

29-Sep-16
Milnrick- I have no idea of one in your area. There is one here, that is pretty good. Lebanon Locker-Mike Forbes. I do all my own so I can't say anything from experience.

Doewriter...hmmm...I may be too old for that. As for doe deer, I quit killing anything but old bucks about 10-years ago. In the last 10-years, I have killed three, maybe four bucks. The rest does. The last buck I killed was an old spike, maybe 18-months. But he pissed me off, so I shot him. The one before him, was so old, he did not have enough teeth to age him. I outgrew the trohy stage some years ago. Now, I feed needy families.

But I like Doewriter. I may consider that.

29-Sep-16
few things get me more excited than hearing of anti-hunter conversion stories. i love to hear the stories of good ambassador's and good messaging to those who are anti-hunting.

congrats on the doe. i hope i get 62 seasons of hunting!

29-Sep-16
The story is thusly: The property, not quite 100-acres, is in the city limits, opwned by two doctors. he is an anethesiologist and she is a PhD in psychology-college prof. She big time anti-hunter, called me babmbi Killer.He could care less.

The, she got into organic gardening. One day, she wa son the treadmill next to mem and I asked her, "Susan, how is your garden doing?"

First afternoon I hunted there, I killed a doe within 30-minutes. Took her husband some meat and he got her to try it. Been hunting there ever since. Always take them meat and if I get a good hide, she makes moccasins out it. Ugly as all getout but I don't say that.

Word of mouth got out about how I treated landowners and that I never, ever took anyone with me or abused the land in any way. Now, I have folks calling me, asking me to come hunt. That is exactly how I got the property I hunted this morning. Only 28-acres, loaded with deer passing through. I only hunt within 10-minutes of my house and mostly, just shoot does. I average 8-12 deer a year and give all but two away.

I have written many column on animal rights activists and how hunting help wildlife. As a result, being so well known in the community, everyone with small acreage allows me to hunt. Kinda nice, at my age. The owner of the land, this morning, even provides me with a golf cart and forklift, (as if I need one) and a barn to hang them in cold weather. Can't beat that.

29-Sep-16
Congrats john

• Sitka Gear