Sean D. 29-Sep-16
Butcher 29-Sep-16
Butcher 29-Sep-16
mattandersen 29-Sep-16
tradmt 29-Sep-16
Teeton 30-Sep-16
Elkhuntr 01-Oct-16
29-Sep-16
Hey guys, so not highjack the other tire thread, Im also looking at some New tires. Im between the toyo mt and cooper stt pro. Both mt tires. Was wondering if anyone else had experience with the 2. I currently running Kelly tsr which are awesome on mileage and snow/ice, decent in mud. Anyone have any experiences to share? Thanks

29-Sep-16
I'm running the pro on my Jeep, simply awesome mud and loose soil traction and a heavy carcass. Now if only Cooper could make a round tire. No experience with the Toyo but they have a good reputation and I wouldn't hesitate to give them a go.

I went with the Cooper because it's less money and the jeep see's very little hiway.

29-Sep-16
I have toyo MT on my F150. Not gonna get 35k miles out of them. Got 65 out of the ATs. MTs r noisy as hell.

29-Sep-16
I've tried & used about every mud tire made. The Good Year Wrangler MT were the worst for mileage on gravel & off road. The Toyo MT is expensive, and wore out quick, too. In recent years we've been using the Cooper STT with great results in mud, rocks & mileage. Now have the STT PRO's and it is a better tire all the way around than the prior STT's. Go with the Cooper STT PRO, if you are looking for a mud tire.

29-Sep-16
Yep go with the Coopers, I have them on the jeep and really like them

29-Sep-16
Good to hear. I love the look of the toyos but want something that's gonna last more than 30k. I've ran Kelly tsr 2 sets and had 56k on one set, and 64 on the second but they suck on wet roads and ball up in the mud.

29-Sep-16
How many miles are y'all getting on the coopers?

29-Sep-16
I previously ran Cooper STT's and loved them and they lasted a decent amount. July of 2015 I bought the newer STT Pros and they wore horribly. I rotated them pretty religiously as well. One is completely wore out and the other three although they have some tread left, have cupped badly. I average 25K a year on my Nissan Titan but I have to say I'm disappointed in them. Very loud, although that never bothered me. Great if you're only gonna be off road.

29-Sep-16
Cupping is usually a product of large void tread and negative camber and/or toe settings recommended by the manufacturer to facilitate better handling at speed and unfortunately the tire dealer and tire manufacturer gets the blame. It's not an inherent tire problem although MT type tires are more susceptible.

Shock absorbers play a big part in that as well and they don't last nearly as long as most people think they do.

I doubt I could get over 30k on the Coopers but what's tough on them is gravel around here where I live. Without the gravel I would guess I could push 40k.

30-Sep-16
As Tradmt stated, alignment, worn, weak parts all play big part in how long tires last. It's hard to get the same mileage out of your second set of tires as the first. Even harder to get life out of the 3rd set. As a auto tire shop owner I've seen so called 80k tires gone in 10k from alignment/worn parts. Weak shocks can shorten tire life by 30 to 40 % depending on how bad they are. Good shocks will keep wear down on just about every part of the truck. Ed

01-Oct-16
I had toyo mt on a 3/4 ton diesel pickup. they were between 3/32 and 5/32 at 16K miles. they were tough, wore evenly, road nice for an MT tire, balanced with very little weight, but did not last. they were rotated 3x during this time. tire pressure was checked frequently. the trucks suspension components were in good working order. they were expensive. I sold them cheap to some kids who wanted them for a ranch beater truck.

I installed the cooper st maxx on the truck, and was happy with the ride, toughness and mileage.

• Sitka Gear