Elkaddict 30-Sep-16
nutritionist 30-Sep-16
RutnStrut 30-Sep-16
JackPine Acres 01-Oct-16
RutnStrut 02-Oct-16
JackPine Acres 28-Oct-16
drycreek 28-Oct-16
29-Sep-16
The heavy rains in Central Wisconsin have ruined my beautiful food plots. Standing water has killed the plants and I'm hoping it will dry out by the 3rd week of October. Currently have a foot of water in some of them. Craziest period of rain in September - worst of my lifetime.

If the plots dry out enough to plant something late to get some greens growing before the ground freezes, what can be planted at this time of the year and still get something to grow? Cereals? Which ones?

Need help!!

29-Sep-16
Winter wheat may come up as well as rye will usually grow some as well. I would not expect a great lush plot unless it stays fairly warm for the next month. Shawn

29-Sep-16
Balansa Clover should do alright and is extremely cold tolerant. I planted some last week here in central NE and it looks PHENOMENAL!

29-Sep-16
The heavy rains in Central Wisconsin have ruined my beautiful food plots. Standing water has killed the plants and I'm hoping it will dry out by the 3rd week of October. Currently have a foot of water in some of them. Craziest period of rain in September - worst of my lifetime.

If the plots dry out enough to plant something late to get some greens growing before the ground freezes, what can be planted at this time of the year and still get something to grow? Cereals? Which ones?

Need help!!

29-Sep-16
Thanks guys!

First I need the water to recede and then hope it stays warm enough for something to germinate to have at least something green vs just dirt. Really disappointing because everything looked great until we received 10+ inches of rain in 7 days.

Like I said, I'm targeting the 3rd week of October to try and get some seed in the ground again and pray. What comes up quickly?

30-Sep-16
I'd throw out some WR.

30-Sep-16
I'd figure on baiting with corn and apples, if that's still allowed. With more rain coming this month it not likely your going to dry out. Iowa has been getting pounded too, not the time you want this much rain

30-Sep-16
wheat, it can be under water for days, and with the moister it should take root in a day.

30-Sep-16
I highly doubt 3rd week of October will allow you germination here.

30-Sep-16
The G.R.O education plot was flooded and we have had 14 inches of rain in the past 2 weeks. I posted a video of me LIVE from the plot and telling what i planted today.

I put in fall rye in 1/3, i put in triticale in a 1/3 and the other 1/3 was the frosty delight. Yesterday i showed a guy who started the first food plot lineup my kale that i planted 1 week ago and it's up nice.

Note i sell products with a growth promoter that gets seed out of the ground 3 days faster. I have large crop and dairy farmers using it on winter wheat, winter rye and cover crops as well.

Your welcome to call me with more detailed opinions but, Grains and greens is what i'd plant as it explodes and if you want to mix in extra grains with it, so be it. No matter what you want to plant, i can help you get it out of the ground 3 days faster.

30-Sep-16
There is always the option of going without plots for a season. Works pretty good on our land in west central WI.

01-Oct-16
True but the water is so bad even in the timber, the deer movement has come to a halt. Instead of the October lull, I have the flooded woods lull. I'm not sure where your spot is in west central WI, but the whole area is dealing with flooding.

Wish you the best.

02-Oct-16
We are flooded on most of our bottom land. Thankfully we are in hill country and have plenty of dry ground also. Hopefully your land in the very least drains by late Oct. Maybe some of your plots will survive.

28-Oct-16
Was able to get 5 to 6 inches of growth from the Fall/Winter/Spring blend by Antlerking in just a couple of weeks. Just my luck, Central Wisconsin receives 2+ inches of rain on Wednesday and now I have standing water again. :(

This is the wettest fall I can remember for this part of the state. Just crazy weather patterns. Hopefully it dries out quickly and the Oats don't yellow out on me.

28-Oct-16
Jack, send some of that rain my way. My wheat is up, but it's pretty sick looking. If I don't get a rain in a few days I'm afraid it's gonna die.

• Sitka Gear