beckerbulldog 04-Oct-16
GotBowAz 04-Oct-16
APauls 04-Oct-16
Brotsky 04-Oct-16
wyobullshooter 04-Oct-16
lyons707 04-Oct-16
Bigdan 05-Oct-16
29-Sep-16
Maybe looking to go to a single pin site who has the best one looking at MBG or HHA or is there a better option also pins are getting fuzzy better to go with .019 or.029 and site ring 1-5/8 or 2"

29-Sep-16
I'm using a cbe tek hybrid and like it. If your pins are fuzzy get a verifier. Best thing I did this offseason.

29-Sep-16
I switched to the option this year and boy I really like it. It gives you the best of both worlds!

29-Sep-16
I have used hha with 2 inch and .19 pin. Great site.

30-Sep-16
No reason to make it more complicated for me. If I have a five pin sight and my first one is set at 20 yards I can shoot anything out to 60 yards. I have no reason to change to a system where I have to range and make more movement and spend time doing it. I cannot understand why people do this? Please explain to me why you would volunteer to make things harder? Just not seeing any advantage here.

30-Sep-16
I had to go to a single pin last year. I have the start of cataracts and I was seeing 3 dots for every pin. I was using a IQ 7 pin so I seen 21 pin dots. It was a freaking Christmas tree of dots. So I switched to a adjustable HHA single and I still see 2 dim dots and one bright dot. It works out fine for me.

30-Sep-16
Hunting bob - As you get older you may see. For me I just can't stand the clutter of multiple pins anymore. The single pin is just one thing to focus on. I hunt whitetails only and it's on my hunting bow. I'm in the northeast hunting primarily thick woods. Shot opportunities are mainly out to 30 yds. Sighted in at 25 yds you are good to go without moving a thing.

30-Sep-16
MBG....bright, tough, outstanding CS.

30-Sep-16
Don't overlook Spot Hogg!

30-Sep-16
Norm, I purchased the 2 in housing, .19 pin in GREEN. MBG sight.

I was thinking that the .029 pin would be better/bigger but it is too bright so I ordered the .19 pin.

my best, Paul

Huntingbob, as MK111 and Proline stated, this is the same reason I went to a single pin. I have learned to properly hold higher if the pin is set at 20 yards and I do not have a chance to adjust the pin, and the target if farther out to 50 yards. Takes a little practice but I am right on.

Paul

30-Sep-16
Huntingbob, even with a zillion pins, you still have to range the animal before shooting. Moving the single pin is pretty minimal movement.

As others have said, having it set for 25 yards will cover most whitetail shots.

And... as other have also said, it gets harder to see multiple pins as you get older...

30-Sep-16
I used to use a single pin and don't anymore.

It cost me too many animals in the past and I have yet to range an animal before shooting it with archery equipmemt. Shooting the gap is shooting the gap and when doing it I prefer to have a couple more pins to use as reference.

I now use a 3 to 4 pin slider.

30-Sep-16
I have a MTB Ascent, it will be on every bow I buy for a long time. Cleaned my sight up a lot, single .019 green pin and for most shots if i need/have time to range it I can change the sight too. I won't shoot anything else.

30-Sep-16
Ive had HHA and MBG .Believe my next will be a Sword Centurion

30-Sep-16
HHA 2" .29 pin. The 2"ring has more fiber optic on it and the .29 pin is brighter in low light conditions.With my older eyes my multi pin sight pins started to run together so i went to this sight and i am very happy.

30-Sep-16
Fast Eddie.

30-Sep-16
Ditto the HHA guys.

01-Oct-16
Thanks for the info.

02-Oct-16
I just switched to the Apex Covert Pro, adjustable fiber optic green dot - best sight I've ever used

02-Oct-16
If you are adjusting a single pin out to 40-45 yards you're using it wrong. Period. Mine is set to 30 and only a little hold over or under and

50+ I'm ranging anyway on a relaxed animal. And will range it to 56 or 59 or whatever and slide it to exactly that range. Fixed pins you're gapping... and no matter what you use....

Yardage is yardage... you have it wrong you're screwed, no matter what system you use. Yardage estimation is not "forgiving"...

02-Oct-16

bowriter's embedded Photo
bowriter's embedded Photo
"I have no reason to change to a system where I have to range and make more movement and spend time doing it. I cannot understand why people do this?"

This caught my eye. I could not understand that either. However, all I ever shot for over 30-years was one pin, set and locked in at 25-yards. No ranging, no moving. Just learned where to hold from 0-45. A little shooting, 8-10 times a day, three or four days a week from unmarked distances is all it takes. By bow season, you won't be ranging and moving. You will know all you need to and you won't get confused as to what pine to use. Note-all three of those bows are set up exactly alike and all withone pin, no peep, no kisser, no release.

03-Oct-16
I have used hha with 2 inch and .19 pin. Great site.

03-Oct-16
The best "single pin" setup I had was when Martin Archery made a crosshair sight. For anyone who has been shooting archery for at least 25 years probably remembers them.

Best of two worlds, horizontal and vertical alignment. Sad the fiber optic world took over with pin dots...

03-Oct-16
CBE Tek Hybrid also .019 green...I shoot a whole lot better concentrating on a single pin!

04-Oct-16
TRUGLO Archers Choice Range Rover Pro Green Dot Sight, Love this sight.......

04-Oct-16
When they make a single pin sight that is adjustable on the fly I will be getting it in a heartbeat. I thought a lot about this. I shoot open handed and my fingers aren't doing anything so why couldn't they be adjusting yardage at full draw? A single pin was a big help as my eyes got worse but like others have said changing the slide during crunch time isn't always an option.

04-Oct-16
When I see something I want to shoot, my release is on the string and my left hand is on the bow. Taking one of those hands off to move a sight is my definition of a nightmare. Oh no - he's chasing a doe around!! When I'm in the tree I've ranged everything around me and committed it to memory so there is no need for ranging once a deer comes into play. I'm sure 90% of guys are the same.

If I get older and have that issue, why not just use two pins like a 20 and a 40? Should be far enough apart, but close enough to help you with gapping.

04-Oct-16
MBG Ascent 3 pin slider is the best thing going.

04-Oct-16
What Brotsky said.

04-Oct-16
I have a HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra Sight - DS-5519 RH that I am looking to get rid of. I just put it on my set-up this past year and never hunted with it. I also have the .010 sight/housing if your interested in a finer pin. It just wasn't what I was looking for so I recently took it off. If interested let me know and I'll send you a PM.

05-Oct-16
I have Montana Black Gold single pin Verdicts on both my bows its by far the best sight out there. i had two HHAs break both were fixed fast but when I went with MBG I never looked back

• Sitka Gear