jsagraves14 30-Sep-16
jsagraves14 30-Sep-16
Michael Schwister 30-Sep-16
jsagraves14 30-Sep-16
nutritionist 30-Sep-16
drycreek 30-Sep-16
30-Sep-16

jsagraves14's Link
What should I use for weed and grass control in Whitetail Institute Extreme? I know they recommend "Arrest" but seems pretty price for the amount.

Can I use Clethodim 2E? I'm under the impression this will only take care of the grass. Butyrac 200 for broadleaf?

30-Sep-16
At this point, I'm just searching for what to apply to the W.I. Extreme plot, which I planted about a month ago. It may not be huntable this season, but I certainly want to have it available for next season, so need to know how to treat for grass and weed control.

I've already got a separate clover field that looks pretty good, although I've mainly just mowed it down a couple of times through the summer.

30-Sep-16
I would use butyrac for broadleaves and c;eth for monocots.

30-Sep-16
I read on another post that the Butyrac can be mixed with the Clethodim (although the label says otherwise). Anyone have experience mixing these two together?

30-Sep-16
what type of weeds? Does anyone know what forb is in this blend? Is it small burnet, plantain or what forb besides the chicory and clovers in there. Why i bring that up is those forbs will most likely be killed if your using some of the broadleaf killers. If it's grasses only in the plot then use select or arrow or clethodim.

Clipping only works as well. I will be down in my ORGANIC education plot next friday scouting that out. I have a video ill be sharing soon showing how clipping can turn a weedy mess into a trophy food plot. My client called in panic mode but 2 months later it's the nicest clover plot ive ever set foot on this year.

30-Sep-16
Can't use broadleaf killers on Extreme, because it will kill part of your crop. I have grown Extreme in the past and you can use Cleth ( Arrest ) but not Butyrac. Just mow it high. It's a good crop, but it's high maintenence IMO. My deer don't like it any better than clover, but it WILL grow under conditions that clover won't. I would only plant it in well drained soils with full sun in the south, kinda the opposite of clover.

• Sitka Gear