WallHanger 04-Oct-16
WallHanger 04-Oct-16
WallHanger 04-Oct-16
t-roy 04-Oct-16
WallHanger 07-Oct-16
kellyharris 07-Oct-16
PECO 08-Oct-16
01-Oct-16
We are getting in the truck heading east from Az to Indiana. Hopefully arrive Sunday mid day and get to start hunting Tue am. I am looking forward to trying out eastern whitetail from a tree stand over a field of corn/beans. Much different style of hunting than what I grew up doing. Good luck to every one else starting the archery season over there, I am on my way!

01-Oct-16
Have a great hunt. Whitey hunting is an ambush style of hunting so stay patient! Good luck!

01-Oct-16
Where in Indiana will you be hunting ?

(From Indiana)

01-Oct-16
Enjoy your time afield..

01-Oct-16
Good luck! I too will be heading east in a couple weeks. Destined for SD for my first WT hunt. Looking forward to trying to rattle a few.

01-Oct-16
There are some big bucks there like anywhere else in the midwest. Unlimited feed and good genetics make for some big bucks as long you can get on some ground where they arent over hunted.

02-Oct-16
Just got settled into a hotel in Missouri. It's been smooth sailing, we covered 1200 miles today. I'll be hunting private land just south of Fortwayne. I'm I getting anxious, spotted a couple deer in Oklahoma today. 580 miles to go. Good night.

02-Oct-16
Were in Arizona do you live. I have family that lives in Whiteriver.

02-Oct-16
It's warmer than I would like in the Midwest this week and into next, but numbers should be good, as last winter was pretty mild overall. Indiana is underrated, IMO. Good luck.

02-Oct-16
I have hunted Indiana and there are some very good bucks where you will be hunting. Shawn

03-Oct-16
Well I got over to see where I'm hunting, it looks promising. A lot of fresh sign along "the woods". Looks like I'll be in a treestand between a corn feild and a bean field, on the edge of the woods in the morning. Kinda getting anxious for daylight now.

03-Oct-16
get down to swap or creek , hunt field edges in the ev.

03-Oct-16
Good luck to you & welcome to the fraternity!

Curious as to why you chose this time of year vs the rut in November?

04-Oct-16
Do us a favor and keep this going until the end of your hunt :)

Can't say how many threads I keep checking back on where guys were all excited to go...and then you never find out what happened on their hunt.

04-Oct-16
Ditto APauls - cool to see someone tackling really different terrain than they are used to. Have a blast and keep yourself strapped in when climbing, descending and hunting!

04-Oct-16

WallHanger's embedded Photo
What a great day! Took awhile getting used to the stand, but I did and it was a nice perch. Here is my shooting lanes.

04-Oct-16

04-Oct-16
I sat the stand until 11 and only saw squirrels. Climbed down and walked back looking at all the tracks. I knew I would get a chance I just had to stay persistent. We got to go look at another hunting area. I was not real interested as there was not as much sign. I decided around 430 pm it was time to get back to my stand.

04-Oct-16

I began my walk back and got lucky, I noticed ears in the feild about 40 yards in and half way between me and the tree stand. I hunkered down and did some spot and stalk. I snuck up to the closest edge and slowly raised up and ranged a doe about 38 yards in. I came back down and drew while standing all the way up. She gave me time to pick a spot and I let it rip. They blew out as I watched my first eastern whitetail speed across an 80 yard span of beans and Pyle up.

04-Oct-16

04-Oct-16
I am looking forward to getting in that stand again tomorrow.

04-Oct-16
Congrats on your first whitetail! Looking forward to the "rest of the story"!

07-Oct-16
I have really enjoyed my time back here. The people, food, and experience was great. I was only able to see three deer all does but I arrowed 1 of the 3 so I would say it was a successful trip. We are now preparing for the 1800 mile trip back home. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to hunt here again but during the rut. Have a good one and good luck.

07-Oct-16
Awesome JOB!!!!

08-Oct-16
Nice job, and you are really gonna like the taste of that fat, crop fed eastern doe!

• Sitka Gear