Z Barebow 07-Oct-16
Darrell 09-Oct-16
ElkNut1 09-Oct-16
Royboy 09-Oct-16
sasquatch 09-Oct-16
06-Oct-16

Buyse's embedded Photo
Buyse's embedded Photo
So I was out early last weekend chasing elk and had a little mishap. While hiking into a wallow in the dark, I got hung up on some dead fall and smacked my head on a rock. Of course if bled like a mother. After getting cleaned up, and finally to the wallow, I realized I lost my bugle. (I looked all over hell) I can't say it's the best bugle in the world but I really liked it and I can't find another, nowhere! It was an old Primos pack bugle. If anyone knows where I can pick one up I would greatly appreciate it. Yes I know there are others but I was fond of this one. Thanks!I tried to embed a pic of the model.

06-Oct-16
I would be interested to know if there is anyone that has hunted elk more than a year or two and has not lost a bugle tube. I think I am up to 3 or 4 over the years

06-Oct-16
Lol. This was my second one. I am done putting them in my cargo pants pocket.

06-Oct-16
I finally ALMOST lost one this year. Once I realized it was missing I made the 1.5 mile hike back to where I knew it was. Right where I stopped for lunch midday. Would have been my first in over 8 years of chasing elk with a bow. Think I have about 4 different bugle tubes in my shed at this point. Probably buy another one this winter just for shits-n-giggles. I like new stuff. Lol

06-Oct-16
i know how you feel. I lost my gps this year. It was an old garmin 12xl that I had since 1999. It still worked good. It's not that I lost anything valuable, but I hated to lose the many waypoints that I have accumulated over the last 17 years.

06-Oct-16
Not sure where to find the replacement. I had the same tube. Killed a cow one year and lost the tube on the pack out. The next year, I killed a raghorn that died 35 yards from where the cow died the year before. On my pack out, I followed the same trail out marked by my orange tape that was still on the trees in the dark timber and found it. A bear had chewed both ends of it off though.

06-Oct-16
I think I mite have one in my bag of tricks. I will look for you !! Hunt

06-Oct-16
Well I am glad to hear I am not the only one that loses stuff.I hate the thought of losing stuff more than anything.

I appreciate you even looking Hunt. With all the elk you kill, maybe I should just ask what bugle you use and get a new one. :) Thanks again.

06-Oct-16
Buyse, I have one that I will never use. PM me and I will hunt it down. It's yours !

06-Oct-16
easier than the guy I met one year searching for his backpack he laid down .... camo of course.

had a new set of swarovski's in it

I looked every year I was on that mtn too - never found it

06-Oct-16
Damn. I can't complain. Pack and Swarovski's? Ouch!

06-Oct-16
Yup, I've got 2 bugles out there somewhere.

While hunting an OTC unit in CO last year I found a Therm-a-cell. Something chewed on it pretty good. I turned it on, hit the button and it fired right up.

I also found a damn nice 3 legged stool that had been setting there over the winter. In a good spot just above a wallow - I figured the person who left it might be back so I left it where I found it. I went and found a different wallow to hunt.

06-Oct-16
It's amazing how much crap we leave in the woods. I've definitely lost more than I've found.

06-Oct-16

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
This last season while guiding my wife in a back-up spot, I found my favorite bugle tube! In 2012 when I had the same tag I lost it in the same area. The odds of finding it were astronomically low.

06-Oct-16
I stuck a bloody pocket knife in a tree once after gutting some squirrels, washed my hands in a little water hole, and intended to wash my knife, but forgot it. A year later, I passed that tree, kicked around in the leaves beneath, and found that sucker ! One side of the scales was badly discolored, but otherwise it was fine. I ain't found nothing I've lost since..........

06-Oct-16
While sheep hunting I found a knife but lost my knife and bear spray. Sort of just expect it.

06-Oct-16
Lost? Can't find it?

WHY TO YOU THINK THE MANUFACTURES MAKE HUNTING EQUIPMENT IN CAMO.!!! Wallets, lighters, gps and cell phone cases, grunt tubes,. etc.

I have started to use a bright orange or yellow cord for my grunt tube, range finder, and other small items that I might drop or just place on the ground.

my best, Paul

06-Oct-16
What Paul said. I use my REI backpack and Northface backpack tent. I use Lowa hiking boots. No need for everything to be camo. I would argue no need for anything to be camo, just light earth tone works great.

07-Oct-16
For a while, I thought I may not need to carry a bugle at all if I just kept hunting the same areas, I would find ones I left behind previously!

I'm with Paul, small black/camo items get something bright affixed to them, problem (mostly) solved.

07-Oct-16
When I saw this thread title I figured it was another "made up" elk call we all need to buy a CD to learn, lol! As in, a bull lost in the woods and trying to find his way back to the herd.

I misplaced mine in the woods this year and had a little panic attack for 20 minutes until I found it.

07-Oct-16
I found an PLB (like an EPERB but smaller) that was duct taped in a case to a leather belt (as in for your pants) this year. Had a couple 18650 batteries wired to it.

No bugle though. But I'm sure there must have been a least a couple dozen lost out there.... just going off the odds.... =D

07-Oct-16
2 years ago I set down my pack before attempting to put a stalk on an elk. I was very familiar with this area so losing my pack never even crossed my mind. Long story short I returned to where I set my pack down and it was gone! I circled the area for about 45 minutes and was totally convinced someone had stumbled upon my pack and took it. Just as I was getting ready to throw in the towel and head back to camp there it was sitting in the "V" of two downs logs right where I left it! I DONT set my pack down anymore.

07-Oct-16
lost a ruger gp100 in the pecos wilderness of NM while scouting, July '96 or '97 if memory serves. looked for that darn thing for hours that day, and went back multiple times and even packed in a metal detector. still there I suppose.

thought I left my binos behind this year, somewhere. found them on the front porch with my wife's help. :)

07-Oct-16
Ya I put my pack down in a hill of rocks once caribou hunting. It was a foggy day. Took me about 45 minutes of panicked searching to find it. Course it was the Eberlestock in rock veil camo... bad decision.

On another note I found a buddy's $500 rangefinder one time :)

07-Oct-16
Now this is funny! I have hundreds of bugles at my disposal here & can grab any I may want yet I've never lost a bugle in the woods! Go figure! (grin)

Sorry bud I'm no help in replacing the kind you lost! Good Luck!

ElkNut1

07-Oct-16
Never lost a bugle while elk hunting... Lost a lot of weight though... ;^)

07-Oct-16
I need to start looking at the ground more. Apparently there is a lot of crap out there in the woods. Ha! I want to thank drycreek who offered up the identical bugle. I love this sight. Damn good people!

07-Oct-16
Post Coordinates for your "lost bugle next to the wallow" and when fellow bowsiters are in area they can spend some look see time and help look for it. Bowsiters helping bowsiters thats what we do!!!!

07-Oct-16
I found my own tube on the way down the mountain. Didn't even know I had lost it and took me a second to realize it was mine.

Once on Kodiak a couple of us hopped out of the boat to get on some deer coming up the beach. My buddy dropped his pack since we figured we would be back shortly. He ended up shooting one so it took a bit to get back to the boat. This was his lesson in the difference between low tide (when we jumped out) and high tide (when we got back).

07-Oct-16
Lost a bugle tube. Lost maps. Lost a GPS. Yup, it happens.

09-Oct-16
I personally own but will never get rid of a bugle that I cannot seem to lose. I have set it down multiple times in the woods, thought I had lost it more times than I can count but somehow have always managed to stumble back on it. A few years ago, I even went as far as leaving it at my campsite. When I got back to Kansas, I emailed a bowsite guy who I knew had the second hunt, told him where I thought it might be and he picked it up and mailed it to me.

It is the only bugle I have ever owned and it was the cheapest piece of plastic you could buy in get this, 1991. I don't think it even came with a carry strap as I have an ugly piece of purple cord on it that I only vaguely remember attaching.

Now, what is really amazing about this is how much crap I have lost in the woods. Range Finder, binos, knives, crap I even lost a bow one time as I sat it on the roof of my 4runner in a downpour and the proceeded to drive off and when I came back it was nowhere to be found.

So, go buy the cheapest piece of . . . . plastic you can find, put a piece of purple paracord on it and you will never have to buy another. :)

09-Oct-16
LOL! I love it!

ElkNut1

09-Oct-16
My buddy gave me a spotting scope he found! Paul I would hope you only have one brand of calls

09-Oct-16
I know the feeling, I left my Elknut bugle tune hanging in the tree where I skinned my bull. Didn't remember until I was finished and back at camp.

• Sitka Gear