Ki-ke 09-Dec-16
ki-ke 09-Dec-16
drycreek 09-Dec-16
ELKMAN 13-Dec-16
Buffalo1 13-Dec-16
woodguy65 13-Dec-16
12-Oct-16
Hello all,

I'll be going to fairchase this January for the first time ever. I'm pretty excited to get down there to hunt and to get away from WI in January for a couple of days.

For those of you who have gone to Fair Chase how did you travel there? Drive ? Fly? did you rent a car at the airport or did you get picked up?

Also, any tips on the ranch or Javelina hunting in general would be appreciated.

Thank,

Kevin

12-Oct-16
Not that ranch but I have been down to south Texas 3 times in the last two years from WI its a long drive like 23 hours none stop, I have flown into Harlingen the last two times it was worth it, I might just drive this year to pick up my Nilgai mount and my meat if I get one, when you going maybe carpool lol

12-Oct-16
I have done both but if drive its easier to bring meat and hides back. If you fly just go to san antonio and they will pick u up or you can rent a car. Southwest airlines has best baggage rates. I flew elk meat back from wsshington on southwest. It used to be you get 2 50 lb bags free on southwest so if you only have one bag you already have a free bag (cooler) to bring stuff back. Each additional bag was 50 bucks for 50 lbs when i flew. Good luck.

12-Oct-16

White Falcon's embedded Photo
White Falcon's embedded Photo
If you bust up a group of Javelina, or shoot and break them up, use a Javelina call, load and long. But stand by for some excitement. They will be running all over, 80% of the time . Bring sun screen, tweezers, both hot and cold weather clots. Temps can be from 15 deg. to 100 deg. A lots of arrows.

12-Oct-16
I hunted with Rob a few times, GREAT guy. My wife and I stayed in one of the small log cabins. Very nice for a couple. We drove down, stayed in San Antonio for a couple days and then down to El Indio. As I recall we called Rob when we were almost into town and he met us there. From town we just followed him to the Cinco Ranch.

We had a blast and I got a nice Javi.

Bill

12-Oct-16
How the hell did you get ahold of him!? I called him a year in advance trying to book a hunt for two and never got ahold of anybody and never got a call back.

12-Oct-16
Rich, text him.

I hunted with him last January, and it was great. Motel like accomadations, two beds to a room. Meals were good and plenty of it. Open bar if you'd like a drink before, during, or after dinner. Javelina were plentiful, but I saw few hogs. I was hunting javis so that was fine with me. I arrowed two javis and found neither. They don't bleed much and that South Texas brush is a hell-hole to track in ! Use a large cut broadhead ! It's high fenced on three sides and the Rio Grande is the South line. But it's 16,000 acres so the high fence thing is irrelevent. Bring your handgun if you carry. You will have a good time !

12-Oct-16
Was there this past January 2016 and had a blast. You will be able to blind hunt and spot and stalk. Drycreek & I hunted together.

Advice- (1)Listen to advice of Rob & guides (mine was John Boles). They know the ranch and animal movement like the back of their hand. (2) Be prepared to look for downed animals in "super thick" brush (3) Take an appetite- the food and cooks are awesome (4) Be prepared to have a good time

I drove and Rob provides excellent directions in his packet of info he will send you when you book.

13-Oct-16
8/ is their e secret code or something to get him to respond?!?

13-Oct-16
Thanks for the tips. I am really looking forward to this hunt.

13-Oct-16
Rich ,

I sent you a PM

13-Oct-16
Best place I've ever been for pigs and "ambiance"

Rob is a fantastic host. Would never hunt pigs anywhere else.

Dry creek. I believe you may be mistaken regarding the high fence on 3 sides. From what I remember, the road frontage is fenced and as well as a portion of the border with a neighbor. They also have an interior pasture high fenced where they used to raise white tails. Other than that, the balance of the 16k is low fence.

Steve

13-Oct-16

Buffalo1's embedded Photo
Buffalo1's embedded Photo
I'm with Hillary- "Fence on 2 sides of the property- fence on 3 sides of the property"

13-Oct-16
Ki-ke, I'm pretty sure that's what Rob told me but Greg was forcing George Dickel down my throat and I could have been hallucinating. That, and I was jealous 'cause he found his flea factories and mine were some kinda damn super demons from hell..............

13-Oct-16
Creek

Its is a special place.........

13-Oct-16
Ki-ke, I think you were at Fair Chase the week before Don & I arrived. We hunted Jan 11-13, 2016.

14-Oct-16
Rob runs a great operation and like others have said the food is awesome. If you like fishing ROb has a pond right in front of the lodge that at mid day you can fish too.

As others have said the brush is super thick and trying to track in that stuff can be miserable to say the least. The pigs I found were very spooky so watch you movement.

I flew southwest, stayed a night in San Antonio before the hunt. I stayed at a laquinta near the airport, took a shuttle to downtown saw the river walk, alamo, texas ranger museum and the buckhorn saloon. Next day Rob picked me up and took me to ranch and when hunt was done dropped me off at the airport. I brought javelina hide home in cooler with no extra feee.

07-Dec-16
Have you guys got a good number and email for Rob? Trying to get in touch with him.

07-Dec-16
Rob's Cell- 1-972-523-5621

07-Dec-16
Does he have a website?

07-Dec-16
No website.

His advertisement is satisfied customers.

07-Dec-16

wild1's embedded Photo
wild1's embedded Photo
If you can't reach him on his cell (above) here's another number: (817) 270-3337.

The one on the left is Rob.

07-Dec-16
^^^^^^^^ Looks like a mug shot to me ! :-)

08-Dec-16
How many hogs do you guys see on these trips? How many days? Does he allow for unguided?

08-Dec-16
You will see plenty of hogs and plenty of javelina. Tx allows 2 javelina. Barring no bad weather, I would allow at least 1 day per animal. Unlimited number on hogs- all your billfold can stand.

I would discuss "unguided hunts" with Rob. Not sure what his policy is on that subject.

Your best road to success is to listen to Rob. He knows the property, the animal habits and their movements, etc. All of his stands are strategically placed based on knowledge and years of experience of hunting the ranch.

Others who have hunted with him may want to share their experiences.

08-Dec-16
The most important thing to ask: Is Juanita still the cook....? If the answer is "yes" then go and eat. Hunt between meals!

08-Dec-16
Thank for the info guys.

How did you guys .who flew bring home your meat? Did you bring a cooler down with you ?

08-Dec-16
Bob froze it and I brought back with my luggage.'

Was still frozen solid when I arrived home.

the clothes insulated the frozen bundle well

09-Dec-16

razorsharp's embedded Photo
razorsharp's embedded Photo
Great pic of Rob and Ol' Remi! There LOTS of hogs! Shot this one on the old runway.

09-Dec-16
Does anyone know what he charges for a hunt?

09-Dec-16
Does anyone know what he charges for a hunt?

09-Dec-16
I'm going in January too. I'm just a tag-a-long with JTreeman. He set it up, he's driving. I'm pretty sure he's paying :)

Should be fun

09-Dec-16

petedrummond's embedded Photo
The rooms

09-Dec-16

The grounds and bass pond targets and stand alone bar rec room.

09-Dec-16

Last year it was $500 a day including all guiding animal retrieval skinning and hanging incudes one hog or javelina a day. Also all meals and all libations with well stocked bar loaded with premium single malt scotches and high end vodkas and the like.

09-Dec-16
That Remi is a good old dog!

Wild...2xxxxx on the cooking! You WILL gain weight, but it is SO worth it.... Go for the food alone!

You can certainly find a less costly hog hunt, but like many good things in life, they're usually worth it. I've hunted hogs in other places in South Texas, but when I go again, it will be with Kiebler.

Bake, when you are there, and after Rob has identified you as other than a hatchet killer, ask him to tell you the story about his son saying the F word in school. PLEASE secretly record it!!

09-Dec-16

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
Look who else has recently hunted the Cinco....

He told me he would post his story soon....still recovering.

09-Dec-16
The only thing Legoman and I have in common^^^^^^^^^ I'm famous now !

13-Dec-16
So it's $500 a day all inclusive? Is that just one hog? Or as many as you have opportunities? I know you are only allowed 2 Javelina by TX. state law.

13-Dec-16
Casey,

I would suggest contacting Rob to see what his current prices and deals are for 2017.

Rob's Cell- 1-972-523-5621 . He is pretty easily contacted after he gets his hunters out in the morning, then around noon-2 PM when he is normally around the camp.

He has a first-class operation. I don't think you will be disappointed with your hunting experience with his operation. He does stay pretty booked and normally runs a "waiting list."

Best of luck.

13-Dec-16

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo
A couple javelina's, one on left a "white" one.

• Sitka Gear