NoWiser 14-Oct-16
Brun 14-Oct-16
RutnStrut 14-Oct-16
Kdog 14-Oct-16
drycreek 14-Oct-16
12-Oct-16

Tatonka's embedded Photo
Tatonka's embedded Photo
OK...all you macho guys and gals, take a look at this. :) I met this fine lady last summer at her family reunion.. Looks like she can hunt every bit as well as she can fiddle, and believe me, she can fiddle!!!

12-Oct-16
Thats awesome.

12-Oct-16
Wow that's awesome

12-Oct-16
Hope I'm still at it in 30 years!

12-Oct-16
I'm very impressed! I hope I'm killing elk at age 90.

12-Oct-16
Wow, you aint a kidding, that is awesome! Congrats to her for sure!

ElkNut1

12-Oct-16
not much better than that...

13-Oct-16
Good for her!

Good luck, Robb

13-Oct-16
wow nice

13-Oct-16
Good for her! As I always say age is just a number.

13-Oct-16
Amazing! Way to go Avis! I can only dream to be living the good life you are at age 90!

13-Oct-16
Congratulations Mrs. Groseclose,

Impressive !!!

13-Oct-16
Congrats Avis!!!

The mind is certainly a powerful tool!!!

Mark

13-Oct-16
hope for you( US people...!!) she is not a member of Mrs Clinton familly...:-)

13-Oct-16
Nice bull!!! Congratulations ma'am!

13-Oct-16
I could care less about killing elk at 90. I just hope I'm not $hitting myself and still breathing. Very impressive lady.

13-Oct-16
It doesn't say how many pack out trips she had with that bull.

LOL

:-)

Inspiring story.

13-Oct-16
Not sure what is more impressive, her or the fact that a crossbow post has nothing but positive comments. :)

13-Oct-16
That is what cross bows are for. Older people and people with injuries. I don't have any problem with that. Congrats on the beautiful bull! My dad is 90 years old and can still get around and drive. But he doesn't feel like even going fishing, Much less elk hunting. It is wonderful that people can live that long and enjoy life.

13-Oct-16
Very impressive and inspirational! God Bless her!

13-Oct-16
You should here her play the fiddle and sing. Killing an elk with a crossbow at her age is amazing enough, but if you are a musician and understand the coordination and skill it takes to play a fiddle well, you'll appreciate what she is doing even more. Most people her age really can't sing at all, and if they do....well, they sound like they're 90 years old. Avis is dead on and you'd never guess in a million years she's 90 years old... Ditto for her little sister who is "only" 86.

14-Oct-16
A few years ago there was an article in MN about a woman up North in her late 80s still shooting deer with her long bow. Will have to see if I can find it. She would be in her 90s by now too.

Personally my mother is 92 had a knee replacement this spring so she could still have her daily walks...

14-Oct-16
Darrel as arrowhead said I think all bowhunters are in favor of crossbows, for handicapped hunters, in an archery season. If your hunting past 90 I could really care less what weapon or aid of any kind would be used. She's earned it and congrats on her fine elk.

14-Oct-16
That's something to aspire to!

14-Oct-16
I agree completely. In fact, I think anyone 90 or over should be able to hunt with anything they can carry in the woods. In fact, when I'm physically unable to draw a bow anymore, I'll probably get one myself. It may be that long before I draw my favorite elk tag again. :) However, if I can get someone to drive me on a legal road to one of my water holes, I'll just sit there all week and probably kill a nice bull. I put countless miles on my boots this year only to find a really nice bull on my game camera from an evening we parked just up the road from the tank and hiked in two miles. Should have been lazy that evening. :)

14-Oct-16
Made my day being from Tn.I would love to hear her crank up on a fiddle great pic and story Lewis

14-Oct-16
Outstanding. Good for her. Looks like she's enjoying life.

14-Oct-16
Sweet!!

14-Oct-16
Very cool. Good inspiration for all of us to keep active as long as we can.

14-Oct-16
"I just hope I'm not $hitting myself and still breathing"

I have days like that now;)

14-Oct-16
Now that is cool.

14-Oct-16
Awesome lady ! More power to her !

• Sitka Gear