>>>---WW----> 20-Oct-16
South Farm 20-Oct-16
dg72A 21-Oct-16
>>>---WW----> 21-Oct-16
Fuzzy 24-Oct-16
Ermine 26-Oct-16
ElkNut1 26-Oct-16
16-Oct-16
see thread labeled Bowsite changes. it's getting alot of activity, near Rage or hamblaster levels. Don't worry the mending spiders have been released.

In the mean time, close one eye, then it's only half as bad.

16-Oct-16
I like it, works fine on every devise/pc I've tried, and I haven't used the Bowsite search function in years.

16-Oct-16
As it stands, for me the old site worked far better. This format looks different, but for my uses so far it is less efficient in all aspects. Hopefully the mending spiders will weave a happy web.

EDIT: edit window terribly small, like stupid small. Species icons at bottom of page, have to scroll to get to it. Inefficient.

16-Oct-16
give it a chance guys. the issues are probably all in the cue to be fixed. some of the things being called out are no brainers so the site workers will get to it. this is a great site and people should be glad to have free access to it in any configuration. people work hard to make it available to us and should the thanked not spanked

16-Oct-16
Sorry the old sight was terrible and long over due for an over haul. Even with the updates this sight is very antiquated at best. If it was me I would scrap the whole format and bring it up to date. However I suspect that would overload some of the sights regular users who are still in the flip phone era.

16-Oct-16
Help-yesterday, suddenly, this site locked up and Windows hit my computer and started cleaning up problems. Today, I had to re-register, get a new pin number and now, cannot post a new topic. Anybody know what is going on? Can someone forward this to the admins or Pat? Thanks.

16-Oct-16
Problem seems to have been corrected. Disregard previous post. Thanks.

16-Oct-16
Doesn't work very well on my iPad. When I select my state, it just refreshes the same page.

16-Oct-16
Bowriter, I love your second post! Like so much of life!

16-Oct-16
A "like" or "Agree" button would be great.

16-Oct-16
It's free.

16-Oct-16
I have visited site from IPad, IPhone, and pc. Working fine with the exception of search function. It will show up or I will find it sooner or later.

Patience, much like in hunting, will likely pay off.

As far as I am concerned, nice update Pat.

16-Oct-16
Not too bad. Would be nice if I could find the "search" function (is there still one...?) And if the font were darker it would be easier on the eyes.

16-Oct-16
Pat Lefemine posted the following on Oct 11 about search:

"Add to Favorites link is coming and so is Search - there's a couple things that didn't make the initial release but will appear by this weekend."
Meantime for search, Google works fairly well. Type "bowsite" followed by whatever search terms you want to look for.

16-Oct-16
yep, been using Google for years. A whole lot better than the internal search function.

16-Oct-16
X3 Sticksender, Google search works just as well as any search function they could integrate into the site.

16-Oct-16
Some of the changes that Pat talked about are going to be good. When making changes to a website, things that seem simple usually are not. A lot depends on the "platform" that was used for the first build, and for changes most of the time have to be released a different times. Be patient and help identify and work through the "bugs".

DJ

16-Oct-16
Agree that everyone hates change(ecsp. the older we are) but it a necessary evil. I just except and try and keep up, cause that is what it is. The older we get the more we have to try and keep up. Not good or bad, just how it is. I will "learn" to like the new format and so far so good!! Shawn

16-Oct-16
Cant locate just elk forum on deer etc. I guess this is the search button you speak of ? I have a flip phone FYI and I hope to be be able to learn to read soon to- Trial153!! Dumb**S

16-Oct-16
To find the search window. Click on the three leaf clover icon at the bottom right of the page. It will take you to the search function.

17-Oct-16
Make America great again change is good !!!!!!

17-Oct-16
other than the topic title not changing colors after I've read it, I haven't seen enough change in the layout to get upset over.

17-Oct-16
I REALLY want to see the color change for threads that haven't had new posts since I visited last. Post count is nice, but not necessary if we can see the threads with new posts. I don't like having to scroll forever to get to where the state pages are. It seems like having fewer thread per page or putting the link at the top would be nice. It also would be nice if I could see if I had any new PM's on my phone. Currently I have to open the menu and go to my bowsite to see if there are any. Being able to go to the first new post rather than having to scroll forever and find the new posts would be great. Once they get more than 20 posts, it gets long.

17-Oct-16

Mad_Angler's embedded Photo
Mad_Angler's embedded Photo
I'm definitely okay with the current and old bowsite format.

Check out this mess. This is what most other forums look like. Talk about wasted space. It takes an entire page view to get three words of new content...

17-Oct-16
This thread reminds me of my kids when they used to tell on each other for looking at each other. I would like a little bolder font but I will survive regardless.

Change is good normally but recent history tells us that when it is coupled with "hope" it will be miserable.

17-Oct-16
Why did the site change?

I'm guessing Pat was bored, had too much time on his hands and decided to kill a week or three just to mess with folks and pull what is left of his hair out. Frustration can be addicting sometimes.... ask any bowhunter....

17-Oct-16
Mad_Angler is correct. I can't stand the other forums and cluttered appearance. Bowsite is clean and uncluttered. One super minor change that I don't like is that the pictures are centered. I like left justified, and Bowfreak is right on the font. :)

17-Oct-16
TD: More like 6 months! I have never seen a human do more day in and day out than Pat. Guy is amazing!

17-Oct-16
"Why did the site change? "

Pat said in another thread that the upgrade was needed to be more user friendly on mobile devices since more people are accessing the site from phones and tablets than desktop PCs.

17-Oct-16
"..............................and pull what is left of his hair out."

Just a subtle jab LOL!!! Maybe Charlie can pull out all stops and post up the "Patstache" photo?

17-Oct-16
Don't own a "mobile device" and never will. Fact is the majority of people do not, but the media/advertising industry wants you to believe otherwise.

17-Oct-16
I'd bet more folks own "mobile devices" than own traditional computers. Now that my parents are gone.... personally, I only know maybe 3 or 4 folks that don't have at least a smartphone. One of those doesn't even own a computer and another owns a computer but refuses to hook it up to the internet because of fear of people stealing info, hacking it or viruses..... basically a Troglodyte and a paranoid psycho..... not sure if they count.... I know several that don't currently own a computer but own a smartphone.

17-Oct-16

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Loll!

17-Oct-16
I don't like the change. When I want to see what's going on with elk, I don't need to see or want to go thru all the big game stuff lumped together.

17-Oct-16
My hunting partner is a classic example. His old nextel walkietalkie phone finally died..... His provider had nothing but smart phones so he was pretty much forced to get one. Got the minimal plan "I'm not using this on the internet!". "It's just a telephone!" "I don't text!" He was making his stand against technology......

Well, we've been texting for months or more now, it's great in the field. Riding with him yesterday he messes with his phone a bit before pulling out of our hunting area and says " scroll down and get the scores of the games for me!" (we are in a weekly football pool) Excuse me..... mr. "I refuse to use this phone like that". Finally admits... he uses it for everything and has upgraded his plan like 3 times.....

18-Oct-16
I love the new format. It's much easier to use with the rarely seen smartphone

18-Oct-16
Geez.... I didn't even bring up HTC......... =D

18-Oct-16
Hack - thanks, I totally missed the icons.I'm happy now!

18-Oct-16
It's probably only people that use the rarity called the internet that own smart phones nowadays... liking the changes, hate other forums. Call me Pat's fanboy ;)

18-Oct-16
I don't care about the look, it's the fact that Bowsite is now slow as a dog. Unbearably slow. Any of the long threads take 1/2 hour to load. Windows 10 desktop

18-Oct-16
c3, are you sure it isn't something with your computer or connection? I just found three or four of the longest threads and they loaded in a flash, maybe two seconds or so. I am running Linux Mint 18 and using Chrome as the browser.

18-Oct-16
Pete. I have Windows 10 on home PC and Bowsite loads very quick. (EX BigDan's thread will load in ~ 3 sec, even with all of the posts and pic heavy)

Explorer browser (I haven't tried Chrome as I would have to re-enter my login info and Explorer works fine for me)

18-Oct-16
Site is WAY faster for me on an older laptop and semi-slow DSL. Using Firefox.

19-Oct-16
It must have been an issue with my internet to this site the other night when I first saw the new format. Tonight it is smoking. Sorry for bagging on things when it was obviously something else.

Cheers, Pete

20-Oct-16
I send a very important PM to a fellow Bowsiter. Problem is, I can't find anywhere that shows that I sent or received any PMs at all.

Does anyone know where I can find out going and incoming PMs?????????????????

20-Oct-16
Go to "My Bowsite" it's all there!

20-Oct-16
Sent you a test PM Charlie. Please respond back via PM if you receive it. Thanks

20-Oct-16
Because CHANGE is good; hasn't anybody told you yet? Conform damn it!

21-Oct-16
PAT.... 3 things... 1. No private message alert for new messages... 2. No "sent" messages on file.... 3. Top of posts where name, date, and private message show is still only half there. If any of these things have been addressed, please ignore. If not, please fix. Thanks Sorry if I missed a previous post about any of these.

21-Oct-16
X-2 what dg72A said. The PM function could use an overhaul for sure. Also would it be possible to put the different forums back up near the top like they used to be instead of having to scroll down to the bottom of the page. It took me several days to find them. Thank-you.

24-Oct-16
Pat still has hair?

26-Oct-16
I like the old format. But my opinion doesn't matter

26-Oct-16
They did it for the better, we will all get used to it in time & forget about the old ways!

ElkNut1

• Sitka Gear