Nick Muche 06-Nov-16
huntinelk 06-Nov-16
Julius K 06-Nov-16
Grubby 06-Nov-16
BOWUNTR 06-Nov-16
Nick Muche 06-Nov-16
Zackman 06-Nov-16
18-Oct-16
I leave for Kodiak day after tomorrow. I take my wife to the airport for Hawaii this afternoon. I think I'm getting the way better deal!!!

18-Oct-16
I think I'd take your end of the deal. Although I wouldn't mind a few days of relaxing in Hawaii AFTER the hunt. Are you hunting or doing buck shack maintenance?

18-Oct-16
I will be in Ohio hunting with Kelly Harris first week November then come back and leave for my first trip to Hawaii with my GF. Talk about a transition! How is the whitetail rut in Hawaii mid November? LOL. Big Island - Kona coast. I already booked a fishing charter lol

18-Oct-16
Good luck Bob. I'd take Kodiak for sure.

18-Oct-16
I'm getting ready to start the rut hunts on the 3rd largest Island ... Prince of Wales

18-Oct-16
My kids keep harassing me to take them to Hawaii. I keep telling them how cool a trip to PoW would be and they're not buying it.

18-Oct-16
Actually, Hawaii is a good destination because you can make your family happy and hunt: axis deer, turkey, lots of hogs, pheasant and fishing. Doesn't compare to Alaska hunting, but the scuba diving is more comfortable in HI. Nice country we live in.

18-Oct-16
No Comment!

18-Oct-16
I have been lucky to have hunted both.

It depends on the time of year which is better!

18-Oct-16
No question for me... Alaska. Ed F

18-Oct-16
I'll be at work, so I would take either one.....

18-Oct-16
Went to Hawaii this past spring. What a blast! Very different culture for sure. Went spear fishing 3 different times on the same trip. If you love to bow hunt you'll love spear fishing! Jack you gotta give it a try when you go!

18-Oct-16
Have fun Bob. I'd pick Kodiak every time!

18-Oct-16
I've never been to Alaska much less Kodiak but I have been to Hawaii and IMO your going in the best direction Bob!

Hawaii is too pricey and over rated for me.

18-Oct-16
Went to Hawaii once - it was incredible. That being said - I'd love to be in Alaska!!! A choice on those two is a win-win no bad option. If you asked me today...I'd be in Alaska :)

18-Oct-16
Wild1 x2. I hunted wild boar with a knife in Maui several years ago and it was one of the most exciting I've ever done. Just don't make the mistake I did and sell it to your wife that the hunt only takes as long as a round of golf!

18-Oct-16
Depends Bob.... who has the credit card???? =D

18-Oct-16
Bob you must be nuts your hot wife in Hawaii alone in her hot swim sute on the beaches and were on earth is EARL

18-Oct-16
I hope to be bow hunting Hawaii and AK for the rest of my life. Sitka blacktail hunts are amazing but screaming Axis rut hunts are awesome as well!

18-Oct-16
Good luck up there by the way Bob, I'm totally jealous!

18-Oct-16
The same guy pays the credit card bill regardless of who signs.

19-Oct-16
LOL! easy in my case.... I'm a kept man...... "just a gigolo and every where I go....." This time of year..... I'm thinkin' I could fit in one of Bobs duffles if they didn't weigh it......

19-Oct-16
Kodiak is the choice, no brainer... That said, I just finished drying out the last piece of gear from a week on Kodiak and I was happy to be home :) haha

19-Oct-16

808bowhunter's embedded Photo
808bowhunter's embedded Photo
I would take Kodiak. Definitely on my bucket list of places to hunt. For the other 11 months of the year I love Hawaii! Our blacktail rut is starting to heat up too!

19-Oct-16
No contest....Kodiak!

Good luck Bob.

19-Oct-16
They are both amazing. Tough call if Hawaii included big game fishing :).

19-Oct-16
Hawaii with wife would be a great place to earn valuable "future hunt points""

26-Oct-16
Why would you say that about your wife? Show some respect even if insincere.

26-Oct-16
Long Gone? It's only been 24 hours. Lol

26-Oct-16
You definitely got the better location.

30-Oct-16
Hopeless place is hopelessly lost.

I'd take Alaska God Bless

04-Nov-16
I've hunted Hawaii numerous times and it never gets old. I will be hunting Alaska 3 times in 2017. Waterfowl on Adak in January, Black Bear on POW in May, and Deer & Duck Combo on Kodiak in December 2017. But I still have the urge to return to Hawaii..........it's that good.

05-Nov-16

Blacktail Bob's embedded Photo
Saw a whole bunch of nice bucks but one in particular I wanted to kill and didn't get it done. I spent a lot of time on him. The day the Roth kids got to camp I killed a buck that was bedded about 30 yards from the big guy. Couldn't get close to the big one but was able to shoot this buck.

05-Nov-16

Taylor shot this buck with all four of us sitting just below Roy's Saddle. His brother Justin killed a bigger buck a few minutes later from the same spot and Ellen missed one between the two that were killed. Karma I think.

05-Nov-16

During the two weeks I was there, bears pulled Roy's monument out of the ground twice. The kids killed their first two bucks the day before I flew out and we put the monument back in its place. When I flew over Roy's Saddle on the way out it had been pulled out of the ground again!!!

Roy was kind of hard on bears. I think there is a bit of Karma going on with them spending so much time focused on his monument.

05-Nov-16

Back in place.

06-Nov-16
Just awesome Bob! Nice work!

06-Nov-16
Nice bucks. It's nice that the Roths could spend some time there. When do you go to the other big Island in AK?

06-Nov-16
Nice work Bob and Roth's. It must have been a fun hunt!

06-Nov-16
I imagine if the bears want it pulled out it's going to get pulled out!! Nice bucks!!

06-Nov-16
Pretty darn cool. Congrats. Ed F

06-Nov-16

Nick Muche's MOBILE embedded Photo
Nick Muche's MOBILE embedded Photo

So many deer it was silly. My buddy and I rattled this buck into 10 yards or so with sheds we found while hiking. Kodiak sure is a great place to go hunting!

06-Nov-16
Congrats Bob and Nick! Great Sitka blacktails. Awesome place, that Kodiak

• Sitka Gear