HDE 12-Nov-16
Ranger rick 12-Nov-16
Quinn @work 12-Nov-16
WFG in NM 12-Nov-16
HDE 12-Nov-16
Ranger rick 13-Nov-16
midwest 13-Nov-16
11-Nov-16
Already planning for 2017. Does anyone know what the average cost is for a unit 51 NM muzzeloader elk tag runs? Also, where would you look to find one once they become available? This is assuming we dont draw. Thanks!

11-Nov-16
NM game and fish webpage has list of landowners that recieve permits (E-Plus). Avg starting for a bull is $2000.

11-Nov-16
buy BEFORE you find out NM draw, prices skyrocket then. FYI, if you draw sell it.

11-Nov-16
Great. Thanks. Didnt know u could do that. Ive never done a landowner tag . Just draw or otc.

12-Nov-16
my understanding was you could not resell landowner tags?

12-Nov-16
Huntn Fool has sold land owner tags for years in NM .

12-Nov-16
When you buy an LO tag, you are just buying the ranch code and authorization number. It's not a hunting permit until you validate it so it can be sold multiple times until it is.

12-Nov-16
This sounds perfect. I will check with game and fish to be safe, but my plan is buy LO tag in mid tear unit and applying for top unit and say a prayer. Then resell lo tag if drawn. I have 2 friends that have never shot an elk. Gotta get them 1!

12-Nov-16
Colorado doesn't allow you to resell LO tags. But it's basically a joke as they never prosecute anyone anyway.

12-Nov-16
I would love to hunt elk in New Mexico. Hopefully this will be my year.

--Bill

12-Nov-16
Ranger, just let the LO know so they aren't surprised that you're not the one hunting.

Never hurts to keep up good relations...

13-Nov-16
Good pt. Respectful thing to do. Used to mulie hunt a great ranch in wy. To many people left trash and rutted up his roads. He doesnt allow hunting there anymore. Looks like there are 2 types of landowner tags. Unit wide or private?

13-Nov-16
"Looks like there are 2 types of landowner tags. Unit wide or private?"

Correct.

• Sitka Gear