kota-man 16-Nov-16
walking buffalo 16-Nov-16
HeadHunter® 17-Nov-16
Bou'bound 17-Nov-16
HeadHunter® 17-Nov-16
Razorsharp123 17-Nov-16
16-Nov-16

Razorsharp123's Link
Thought some of you may find interest in this article from BBC News.

New caribou species in Canada? Who knew!

16-Nov-16
so much for the poor suckers that thought they had fulfilled a grand slam with only 29 species. better start booking some hunts up north guys.

16-Nov-16
That's a SUPER Slam Grant. A "Grand Slam" is a breakfast at Denny's, a home run with 3 guys on, or the taking of the 4 North American Wild Sheep (also referred to as FNAWS depending on which organization you belong to)...You gotta get your facts right man...;)

16-Nov-16
Hmmm.... Hope this statement from the article isn't representative of the science.

"It is caribou country. The Dene and Métis people have coexisted with the caribou for millennia."

The Metis, a mixture of French and Indian breeding that developed their own culture began just a few hundred years ago....

The article is not talking about a new species, but rather a new "sub-species". Or in today's nomenclature, a reason to eliminate non-aboriginal hunting....

This "species" division trend within wildlife management today is going to be a hardship for licenced hunters.

17-Nov-16
There is a species called the "Perry" Caribou (if I spelled it right). I only knew of one bow hunter that had one ..... Billy Ellis from Mississippi ...... he told me he showed it to Chuck Adams and said: "you don't have one of these" ..... I think Billy told me they were 'protected' later and no category in P&Y for them!

17-Nov-16
Peary caribou, Herm was close.

17-Nov-16
Thanks Grant! ........ (I need all the HELP I can get!)

17-Nov-16
"This "species" division trend within wildlife management today is going to be a hardship for licenced hunters."

Howdy WalkingBuffalo,

I noticed that they were talking about a subspecies but thought some here may find it an interesting read nonetheless.

Can you elaborate on your quote above about "species division trend" and specifically why that is going to cause hardship for licensed hunters?

Thanks!

• Sitka Gear