bowonly 22-Nov-16
INbowdude 23-Nov-16
bghunter 23-Nov-16
1Arrow 26-Nov-16
1Arrow 26-Nov-16
20-Nov-16

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Just got done with a 5 day bowhunt with Casa Y Safaris in Argentina. If this is on your list you should give them a call. Took a Gold medal Asian Water Buffalo bull, White Lipped Peccary, a monster male Capybara and a big Argentiniian Wild Boar. Also put the bow down and picked up a shotgun to do some dove, pigeon and wild parakeet wing shooting for a day and a half. Hadn't touched a shotgun for wing shooting in at least 10 ears. Can still shoot a little. The birds fly all day. Shot 1500 shells or 3 cases.

20-Nov-16

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Capybara was hunted at night.

20-Nov-16
Cool, looks like a fun hunt. Forrest

20-Nov-16

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
White Lipped Peccary was hunted with dogs. First time for me doing that. Is tough getting a shot in the brush while also clear of the dogs baying the Peccary.

20-Nov-16

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
They hunt the Argentenian Wild Boar with dogs also and on horseback. My second time with dogs and the trick is judging distance, finding that small instance where the dogs are clear and the brush us clear and you have a good shot at the boar while not getting charged. Was quite the experience. This big boy had some cutters on him.

20-Nov-16

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
My Argentina Gaucho guides Meho and Franco. They did a great job.

20-Nov-16
Very good cutters on the hog. Forrest

20-Nov-16
Thanks Forrest

20-Nov-16

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Dove hunting was phenominal! Shot 1000 shells in one day at dove, pigeon and wild parakeet. Had lunch in the field. Was a great experience. Shot a 20 gauge Barretta

21-Nov-16
I have never heard of wild parakeet hunting!!! LOL

21-Nov-16
Cool adventure! Congrats!

My daughter had parakeets for awhile, I'm not sure about hunting wild ones but I would have shot hers in a heartbeat some days! Ha!

21-Nov-16
Just curious if you plan to bring the white lipped peccary and the carpincho back from Argentina?

21-Nov-16
I had seen it in the pictures and wondered but you get down here and these are t your PertMart Parakeets these are body size the same as the dove and they fly just as fast and are sneaky. They usually flew by when I was reloading. The farmers burn their nests and you can see the nests on telephone poles and trees. Looks like large squirrel nests. Thick and big nests. I thought it was funny too until I tried to swing on one. They say the doves and Parakeets mate 4 times a year which is why they have so many. Is crazy.

21-Nov-16
Yes I plan on bringing all four back.

21-Nov-16
Congratulations. So you had the experience of shooting the world's largest rodent! How does capybara taste? Which critter won the taste-off (guessing from its size not the boar).

21-Nov-16
Great hunt, looks fun! Those Lourdas (parakeets) are the squackiest things that fly, and there is no shortage of them there.

22-Nov-16
1Arrow, the reason I asked about bringing them home was I understood Argentina was prohibiting export of native trophies such as the carpincho and the peccary. I spent two years trying to get my shipment home. I was constantly told it was going to happen any time. When I finally heard about the native wildlife issue, I told them to ship everything but the carpincho. My non-native trophies were finally shipped (at inflated expence). I was still promised the carpincho. That was sometime back in 2009. My "world's biggest rat" has never been heard of again. To add insult to injury, my water buffalo cape had hair slip after tanning. I wish you good luck on importing your trophies. It would be interesting to hear about the Argentinian experiences of other Bowsiters.

23-Nov-16
I hunted with Caza y Safaris a few years ago in Santiago del Estero (west side of Argentina) and had a fantastic hunt. Jorge is a good guy, my guide Leo Destifani (sp) was awesome and the food is great enough to go there just to eat. Importation laws have changed. I wish you luck on bringing back your trophies. Thanks for sharing.

23-Nov-16
I was also still under the impression that indegious trophies could not be exported. How did you have troubles with getting back the water buffalo?

26-Nov-16
I had heard similar stories Jorge said it is doable on the native game. It just takes more time and paper work. The Boar and Buffalo are not considered indigenous so those will come over fine. So far all has been as advertised or even better. I will let you know how it turns out. Sorry to hear some of you had bad experiences getting trophies back

26-Nov-16
Buffalo was the best eating :-)

• Sitka Gear