Bake 14-Dec-16
Bake 14-Dec-16
JAW 15-Dec-16
APauls 15-Dec-16
Adventurewriter 16-Dec-16
Rob in VT 16-Dec-16
gib 16-Dec-16
14-Dec-16
Anybody help me with what to use to mount this to the wall? Tried the bolts, screws, etc. I pry have a screw loose! Thanks

14-Dec-16
" I pry have a screw loose! "

Get that taken care of first and then try again. I'm just messing with you. Not sure what you're asking. Best option would be to find a stud or something solid to mount it to.

14-Dec-16
Check out the "Hanging a European" thread in the Elk section. Lots of good ideas and mine came out great using a Skull Hooker.

14-Dec-16

IowaHawkeye's embedded Photo
IowaHawkeye's embedded Photo
I like skull hookers.

14-Dec-16
I REALLY like skullhookers. I hate having euro mounts hang flat against wall. Doesn't look natural to me.

I have 6 skullhookers, from the big ones for an elk, to the table top version for an impala. I really like them.

I wish I was associated with their company in some way, but I'm not :)

14-Dec-16

Bake's embedded Photo
Bake's embedded Photo
This is 3 of them in my office

15-Dec-16
I saw a promotion for Head Hangerz about two months ago on either Camofire or Black Ovis. They seem to be well made and hold the skull a bit closer to the wall than the Skull Hooker units. Anyone have any experience with Head Hangerz?

15-Dec-16

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
I know he's no giant but I just "keyhole" mine. When you set the screw to the right depth in the wall the fact that the teeth are against the wall kind of prys it against the screw and you end up with little downward pressure on the fastener. Seems to work well for the couple I have

16-Dec-16
As a wildlife artist I cringe when I see Skullhookers......that ultra modern pressed metal conflicts with the natural earth wild look of the skulls and antlers...JMHO....

16-Dec-16

Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Rob in VT's embedded Photo
I like them.

16-Dec-16

• Sitka Gear