Mule Power 15-Dec-16
Mule Power 15-Dec-16
patdel 16-Dec-16
goelk 16-Dec-16
Mule Power 16-Dec-16
Surfbow 17-Dec-16
Native Okie 17-Dec-16
15-Dec-16
I would appreciate any suggestions on good maps. I'm mostly looking for accurate blm and state land areas and boundaries in Colorado. A couple specific counties.

For example if i wanted a map of moffat county with all blm shown, is there anything out there? Anyway, if you know of a good option I'd appreciate any feedback you've got.

15-Dec-16
Paper or digital?

15-Dec-16
It would be nice to have both Ike. Digital for in the field use, and paper for scheming and making master plans at home.

15-Dec-16
I have one great source for free, digital topo maps...not BLM lands (as you asked), but I use these all the time. http://libremap.org/data/ They have every State's topo maps for free download. I work for a printing company, and have access to a large format printer, which helps a lot.

15-Dec-16
mytopo.com for paper

onX maps for digital

15-Dec-16
I like the National Geographic (Trails Illustrated) paper maps and OnX for digital.

15-Dec-16
blm.gov/maps is a great resource for blm maps and property lines. You can order their maps online.

Additionally, I use mytopo.com and make a custom map of my hunting area. You can fiddle with the custom tool and get the layout, size, zoom, etc, just right for what you want. Mytopo has BLM lines marked in orange, private in white, and Ntl Forest in green so it's easy to delineate, so long as your map isn't too low resolution.

For digital, I use a program on my phone that has USGS 7.5 minute series maps loaded and puts my GPS location on the USGS map with the option of waypoints and breadcrums. Unfortunately, they (Trimble) got bought out and the exact app isn't available anymore.

onX is great for delineating property lines, but their interface is horrible. The system for DLing maps is terrible and so is the load time. I want to be able to rapidly scroll around on phone since it's not the size of a computer screen. Waiting for the map to load every time I move it makes it unusable for me. I'd rather just have the USGS map.

15-Dec-16
For CO and WY, DIY Hunting maps chip beats OnX for detailed information. Their paper maps are great too, as is their online premium service.

I have my OnX chip away because I couldn't trust the accuracy after finding errors.

For breakdown of habitat types and animal concentration areas on a topo, StartMyHunt is a great resource. You can order customized maps by area coverage.

15-Dec-16

Tberg's Link
I'm a big fan of Game Planner Maps. They do paper, digital, and have free interactive online maps you can use to map scout and print your own maps. I picked up two "paper" maps and matching digital maps. The printed maps are real nice and I spoke directly to the owner and he made the maps custom to my needs. He can make pretty much any map you want. I don't know what they're printed on but its tough, water resistant, and looks really good. Defiantly worth a look since its free to register and use the map viewer. Great CS too!

15-Dec-16
X2 on the Game Planner maps. Customizable and the free online viewing is very nice.

15-Dec-16
X2 on the Game Planner maps. Customizable and the free online viewing is very nice.

16-Dec-16
Thanks guys.

16-Dec-16
google rio blanco county gis

16-Dec-16
Looks like I did times 2! haha

17-Dec-16
mytopo.com for paper onX maps for digital

^This is what I use

17-Dec-16
I'm with Lou, DIY Hunting Maps for Colorado. Several details I like more than OnX now.

I was concerned at first but have found them to be a good resource.

• Sitka Gear