r-man 17-Dec-16
bowfisher 19-Dec-16
great white 20-Dec-16
17-Dec-16

BoggsBowhunts's embedded Photo
Southwest Missouri Coon vs a Halon
BoggsBowhunts's embedded Photo
Southwest Missouri Coon vs a Halon
Last night while sitting in the Walmart parking lot with a couple of buddy's one of them says "Hey man, let's go call coons."

After a few laughs about how redneck the request was I decided why not, I had my bow in my truck so we hit the haybarn.

No more than 20 seconds into a call and we had a coon flying down the haystack (round bales) at us, once it got less than 3 yards I let an arrow fly.

After a few redneck decisions later (climbing down a 3' wide and 20' deep hole between hay bales to get it) We had ourselves a bowkilled coon. One of the funniest hunts I've ever been a part of and I figured surely I'm not the only one on here that's done it, so is anybody else on here redneck enough to think of something like this?

17-Dec-16
You were sitting in the Walmart parking lot, yet had to laugh about how redneck the request was?? ;>)

Nice coon. Neither you nor I were around for the original post, but there once was a Bowsiter named BunneyHunter. He liked to hunt oppomsum.

17-Dec-16

Franzen's Link
For your entertainment.

17-Dec-16
Resist. Resist. Resist

17-Dec-16
Sounds like my kind of Redneck, eye juzt no hau two spel ay litl betr. Hey for a high schooler in the Midwest the Walmart parking lot is the go-to for hunting two-legged does!

17-Dec-16
Rednecks for sure...8^)

Ummmmm, curious, what kind of a call youenz using, coon squaller?

17-Dec-16
Zbone, we were using Coon Distress out of a FoxPro. He has luck with a Coons Fighting call as well for big boars.

17-Dec-16
Cool, thanks for the info... Did not know they made such calls, although I could see how it would work, the coon on my back deck fight all the time and can make a terrible racket...

Been a long time since I coon hunted with hounds, but we used what was called a coon squaller to get them to look down to see their eyes... I may still have mine somewhere stashed around in one of my call boxes... Wow, that brings up old memories...8^)

17-Dec-16
My dad and I used to do it quite a bit when fur prices were better. It was a good activity to do during mid day when we got done calling coyotes.

17-Dec-16
bunnyhunter , that was a funny tang to red dose treds , u now was I meeeen

19-Dec-16
Boggs, believe it or not that Walmart parking lot isn't the only place to chase the two-legged does. I remember few years ago back in high school I was shed hunting a publicly accessible area, and ran into a girl I knew from school out riding her horse.. And unfortunately the story ends there with a quick conversation and us parting ways lol didn't find a shed that day either..

20-Dec-16
re-connected with a friend from long ago this past summer after a couple of trips to the lake fishing he says we have to come out here one night and shoot some fish. Two nights later I show up john boat is rigged with a generator and10,000 watts of lights. It had to of been 20 years since I shot carp. Luckily I hit the first one wont talk about the misses. That was some real redneck stuff to

• Sitka Gear