Bou'bound 18-Dec-16
Blacktail Bob 18-Dec-16
bigeasygator 18-Dec-16
Jeb Bslise 18-Dec-16
Blacktail Bob 18-Dec-16
TEmbry 19-Dec-16
Toby 19-Dec-16
17-Dec-16
Looking for any info on mountain goats hunts on Kodiak in March, Outfitters etc Thanks, Jeb

17-Dec-16
Tom kirstein

18-Dec-16
I've done the March hunt about a half dozen times. Hides are very nice and the last several years weather has been nice too.

18-Dec-16

Frank Noska's embedded Photo
Frank Noska's embedded Photo
I reiterate what my fellow Wasilla bow hunting good friend says...February, March can make for a good goat hunt on Kodiak. Cold weather makes for easy meat and hide care, no bugs, no bears, leaves off the vegetation, and easy walking on the frozen ground. Here is a February billy I shot at less than 10 yards.

18-Dec-16
what outfitters offer that?

18-Dec-16
Nonresidents have to go with a guide. All the units in the Federal Wildlife Refuge, which is most of the Island, are allocated to a single registered guide. State owned lands are open to several guides qualified for Unit 8. Two that I know of that hunt State lands are Mike Hortsman and George Wescot.

18-Dec-16
In the winter, do the goats on Kodiak inhabit areas that are a little less rugged out of curiosity?

18-Dec-16
Thanks for the help, I will reach out to those guides

18-Dec-16
The last few I've done there hasn't been any snow. I've killed March Goats as low as 500 feet above sea level.

19-Dec-16
I am holding off to see if I pull a muskox tag for Feb/March... if not, I will for sure be back down on Kodiak to try and punch my second tag.

19-Dec-16
I hunted bear with Gus Lamoureux. He also offers mountain goat in his area in Kodiak I am not sure if does hunts in March he is a very good guide

• Sitka Gear