Paul@thefort 19-Jan-17
ben h 19-Jan-17
Mark Watkins 20-Jan-17
UltimatePred 07-Mar-17
yooper89 07-Mar-17
UltimatePred 07-Mar-17
22-Dec-16

UltimatePred's Link
Prepare to be blown away by the movement created by Ultimate Predator’s Wind Drifter Goose Decoys! Not only is the movement unmatched, but the decoys are ridiculously light and collapsable. The Wind Drifter system instantly brings the decoys to life with a slight breeze.

Why would you ever want to hunt with big, heavy, MOTIONLESS decoys when you could hunt with Wind Drifters?? If you would like more information or to place your order, please visit www.UltimatePredatorGear.com.

Ultimate Predator's New Wind Drifter Canada Goose Decoys from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

22-Dec-16

UltimatePred's Link
22-Dec-16

UltimatePred's embedded Photo
UltimatePred's embedded Photo
You can fit 36 Wind Drifter Decoys in our custom made bag.

36 Canadas & Bag = Only 24 lbs 36 Snows & Bag = Only 29 lbs

22-Dec-16
Pred, do you have a video of the decoys on a windy day? Like 20-30 mph? I love the motion on the snow goose decoys in light wind but my concern is what happens in a heavy wind. Here in the Dakotas it's not uncommon to have 30 mph winds daily during the spring season. Thanks!

22-Dec-16
Brotsky: I had the same concern with their turkey flock decoys (which worked really well) so when it got really windy I just stick a stick in the ground on either side of the decoy to keep the movement to a minimum. It's magical when the whole flock is moving.

22-Dec-16
Thanks Charlie!

22-Dec-16
I've been in the snow goose game for a long, long time and seen decoys come and go...the proof is in the pudding. Any field hunting videos of these things working?

22-Dec-16
$$850.00 for 3 doz? Yah, I like them, but not that much.

23-Dec-16
Hey Guys, we literally just got these decoys. We hunted over several different prototypes, there's video of that, but A) they aren't the final product and B) we weren't recording "for release." LOL. So no, there's no actual video just yet. However, there will be, soon.

23-Dec-16

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I can see adding these decoys to my Big Foot Goose spread to increase motion within the spread. I use 20 BF goose decoys now, and have tried wind socks but one needs a lot of wind to make them work. By adding just 4-6 of these new decoys among the existing decoys, I can really seen the benefit and I just know it will increase the number of birds attracted and landing, into bow range. my best, Paul

06-Jan-17
Paul@thefort, I agree completely. They work fantastically well to bring existing spreads to life.

06-Jan-17
Hey guys, Here's a short video of the Wind Drifters in action for your viewing pleasure.

06-Jan-17
I too am interested on the issue of the decoy in a stiff wind. I am sure that a few sprinkled in would add some nice motion to a spread on a light whisper of a wind day when typically the spreads look statuesque.

Those birds in the video certainly were not finishing well however, despite the manure or cattle feed that it looks like they were apparently feeding on. What were they flaring off of?

Good luck...

07-Jan-17
Duke, according to the guys in the video, they were actually not digging the new blind they were trying out. It looks like a big cattle feed ring, but with a cover. (Kind of an ingenious idea, actually.) However, they've told us that the birds finish perfectly over the decoys in other situations.

07-Jan-17
I would like to start goose hunting this year. Would 6 do for now or do I need more? Also I have a marsh in the woods that I can hunt. Am I better off buying floating geese or can I put these on the edge of the water?

07-Jan-17
Killbuck these come out to around $25 each so that is not bad IMO. Turkey decoys can be over $80-$100 each.

10-Jan-17
Spike, we've had a lot of guys buy these to supplement their existing spreads. If you don't have any at all, I started goose hunting with 6 hand-me-down shells, I think you'd be fine. LOL. And yes, you can put these at the edge of the water, if you'll notice in the first video, there are some in the water, you could probably get away with 6-8" deep I'd say.

12-Jan-17
I bet one could modify the ground stake to be used in deeper water. Maybe a T shaped 1 inch, PVC pipe stuck in the mud and below the water line. Drill two holes in the T part and insert the two prong ground stake.

17-Jan-17

Used 6 Wind Drifter this morning and mixed them in with my Big Foots. Results, EXCELLENT. Even got some of the action on video. Paul

17-Jan-17
Fantastic news Paul. The movement is the key. C

17-Jan-17
Paul do you think 6 total would work or do I need more? Also are these for field use only or could I use them around water?

17-Jan-17
I think 12 would be the best number. The 6 pack comes with, 2 feeders, 2 resting, and 2 alert. With 8 relaxed, ie, feeders and resting decoys and then 4 alert. That should make a good spread and you can divide them up into two close by flocks. Now that number will work for me in the place where I am hunting. A larger area or field might require more. Mixing then in with stationary decoys like half shells or Big Foots would work equally well.

Water. I think along a shore line with some floaters should work or in a couple of inches of water. I also think one could make an under water base holder to use in deeper water. How about, a T shaped holder, made of two inch PVC pipe. (spray paint brown,etc. Shove the lower sharpened T into the mud until the top of the T is just at or under the surface. Drill two holes in the top of the T to accommodate the two prong base and then attach the wire and decoy. Worth trying on a few. May or may not work. Just thinking. Paul

17-Jan-17
I remember when motion goose decoys really came in to play in the late 90's. Game changer for sure. Paul's assessment is right, mixing full body's is a good ticket.

Congrats Paul!

18-Jan-17
Those look great, never seen movement like that in any decoy spread. Actually looks like the birds are waddling around feeding.

18-Jan-17
Turk season is coming up next and their Turk deks work well here too. This is Matt and me last year and this hen came in to feed twice.

18-Jan-17
Thanks Paul

18-Jan-17
Those look great. This year is the 1st year I ran the wind sock ducks, which don't look near as good, but it doesn't take a lot of wind to get them moving. The 1st time I used them I was surprised how much the wind changes direction even if just a little bit and they really do move around like crazy. This year late season at least I was noticing all the ducks were within a few feet of the shore, so there really wasn't any need to get your decoys 20' out there. I'd like to get these for geese next year for sure.

19-Jan-17
Ben, I killed 4 geese yesterday with mixing them with my Big Foots. This morning I only used 3 Big Foots and 6 Wind Drifters and killed one goose and missed 2 slam dunks.

The next time out I will only use 12 WD decoys without the Big Foots. Wind or no wind they work and well worth the investment.

19-Jan-17
Paul, I'm envious of your goose bow kills, I'd love to do that, but I don't really have a good spot to set up for something like that. The best I could do with the areas I know would be spot and stalk, especially late season, and I hate to say it but with waterfowl I don't like doing that (sort of like shooting ducks off the water in my mind, which is fine if you're 12), I want them feet 1st into the deeks!! I don't care for pass shooting either. Independent of bow or gun, these look like nice decoys.

Give Chase a treat on my behalf.

20-Jan-17
Looks like a great product Pred....will have to get the Turks for this spring!

Mark

07-Mar-17
Thank you for all of the kind words gentlemen. My apologies for being absent from the thread. It is trade show season, AND we are developing several new product lines at the moment. I have been running about a million different directions while also traveling across the country. I will try to share a little more footage we have acquired.

First, here is Paul in action!!

07-Mar-17
Helluva video!

07-Mar-17

UltimatePred's Link
By the way, this footage is being filmed with our Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam. You can view our UPAC's on our website.

• Sitka Gear