oldgoat 24-Dec-16
stealthycat 24-Dec-16
jingalls 24-Dec-16
HDE 24-Dec-16
Shed Head 25-Dec-16
ElkNut1 25-Dec-16
Purdue 25-Dec-16
23-Dec-16
Does anyone make them anymore? Like a big 3 blade 175 or 200 grain replaceable blade fixed head?

Slick Trick makes a 150 gr chisel tip 4 blade Excalibur makes a 150 3 bladed chisel tip

But I mean like a 175 gr or 200 gr ... built like a Thunderhead maybe. All the big heavy 3 blades I know of require sharpening.

Sonic made a 150 gr COI replaceable head, but it was like only 1 1/8" .... little head

23-Dec-16
If you can't find a heavier BH, you can always use a brass insert and increase your tip weight 50-75 gr. Accomplishes basically the same thing, but alot more options at 125gr than 175 or 200.

24-Dec-16
Yeah, hundred grain brass inserts or get a better blade and learn to sharpen your broadheads

24-Dec-16
oldgoat - some people (like me) admit we just cannot get a scalpel edge like a factory blade is. Other people say they can and can't get anywhere close :) a few people can do it well but I aint one of them, never will be and I've tried and tried.

24-Dec-16
I'm with you stealthycat! I have two buds that shoot non replaceable blade broadheads and can get them razor sharp. They have tried to teach me. I have practiced and practiced and can't get it right. I think it's an art, some are good at it and some are not...I'm not! So I shoot QAD Exodus heads. Super heavy replaceable blades that are razor sharp.

24-Dec-16
You cannot get a resharpenable type broadhead (G5, VPA, etc) scapel sharp - you can get them pretty sharp, but not that sharp. Blade and edge angle are wrong.

Nothing wrong with replacable blade broadheads. If you want to get a heavier replacable blade broadhead, look at the crossbow options and also a brass insert to get more weight.

25-Dec-16
Magnus 150 grain, stinger or buzzcut with a 50 g insert. If they are out of the box i'll strop them with some compound and a strip of leather to polish up the edge.

25-Dec-16
A nice combination that I've used for a few years now are the VAP 350 spine arrows with 95 grain steel inserts with a very thick & sharp Exodus 100 grain head. This gives me 195 grain up front weight but puts my total arrow weight at 425 grains. It's a great combination of speed & superior penetration on elk.

ElkNut1

25-Dec-16
The replaceable design SteelForce Phathead comes in 180 and 190 grain weights. However, with their .080" thick blades and steel ferrules, I doubt that they will need replacing.

• Sitka Gear