Fuzzy 09-Jan-17
Brotsky 09-Jan-17
Owl 09-Jan-17
APauls 10-Jan-17
Rob Nye 11-Jan-17
Fuzzy 11-Jan-17
Rob Nye 11-Jan-17
31-Dec-16
Trying to put together a trip that my father and I would both enjoy together. He has zero interest in bear hunting, yet loves to fish. I do enjoy fishing but would much prefer to hunt. Is there a place where I could join him fishing in the morning's and then hop in a stand to hunt in the evenings? And I'm not talking about just incidental fishing, where maybe you might catch some small stuff. I'm talking about good solid pike, walleye and/or big lake trout action. And of course, good bear hunting.

31-Dec-16
Rob nye. Sask

31-Dec-16
Trying to put together a trip that my father and I would both enjoy together. He has zero interest in bear hunting, yet loves to fish. I do enjoy fishing but would much prefer to hunt. Is there a place where I could join him fishing in the morning's and then hop in a stand to hunt in the evenings? And I'm not talking about just incidental fishing, where maybe you might catch some small stuff. I'm talking about good solid pike, walleye and/or big lake trout action. And of course, good bear hunting.

31-Dec-16
Northern Big Bears. We caught a ton of walleye and I got a nice bear. I saw 12 my first night.

TMBB

31-Dec-16
I thought of Rob and looked at his website. There is no mention of fishing other than his arctic trips. What kind of fishing does he have in his bear camps?

31-Dec-16
Give Rob a call. If you go to his northern camp in June you'll fish every morning. The lake he's hunting has great walleye fishing. Pike fishing is good too. You'll also be eating fresh walleye for lunch most days.

01-Jan-17
I have hunted on Wollaston Lake, SK in 2013 and 2015 taking a couple of nice bears, one was 18 15/16" and the other 19 12/16". Wilderness Family Outfitters is the name of the outfit. Being located on Wollaston the pike fishing is above phenomenal. You can also get into grayling, lake trout and walleyes. Pro Bear Safaris also runs a camp that can be reached by boat only on the eastern portion of Wollaston that is a great camp too.

07-Jan-17

bearbaiter's Link
outland outfitting in manitoba has great fishing on cedar lake, the cabin is 100yards from shore. And great bears with 50% color phase taken yearly.

07-Jan-17
Black Bear Island is a nice place. You have your own cabin on the water with a shower and restroom. Get up at 6:00. Breakfast. Fish until lunch. Pull over and have a shore lunch. Fish again until 2:00 Get in stand and hunt until dark. Your father can sit with you or continue to fish. My wife and I went last year. We had a good time. Dj will take care of you.

09-Jan-17
Check out Victoria Outfitters in Newfoundland

09-Jan-17
+1 for Outland Outfitting! Josh will work hard to get you on a good bear.

09-Jan-17
Rob Nye

10-Jan-17
I live in Manitoba, and the fishing opportunities are endless anywhere in the province - especially up North. If you're hunting MB or SK, I can't imagine NOT being able to fish in the mornings. Depends what you're into though I guess. Some guys don't care to fish.

11-Jan-17
Always amazes me but about 1/2 of clients don't care about fishing they just like to hunt remote areas. They only fish long enough to catch lunch, all about the bears for them.

11-Jan-17
that's interesting, I'd rather shoot the first decent bear and get back to fishing. I am not super keen on sitting on my butt being skeeter feed.

11-Jan-17
Thermacells, a Bugtamer jacket and plenty of bears make it fun to sit in the woods.

• Sitka Gear