IKE220 07-Jan-17
gottoohunt 09-Jan-17
milnrick 09-Jan-17
moosecanada.com 10-Jan-17
Lone Wolf 09-Feb-17
lewis 09-Feb-17
Franzen 09-Feb-17
06-Jan-17
Has anyone been to this in the past or going this year? I am wondering if I can buy tickets for the dinners/auctions at the event. What tickets are a must and any other information that would be helpful.

06-Jan-17
I have attended several over the years. It is not what it used to be a few years back, but it is still a good time. I think the banquet tickets must be purchased in advance. They generally assign you tables, so I don't think they are set up for walk ups. If you go, the banquets are a lot of fun and generally well done. They have seminars going each day and I don't believe that you need tickets for them. I do believe that you can just purchase a day pass for the exhibit hall. It is big enough, it will take you a few hours to get through. The hotel is awesome but the food is a bit pricey.

06-Jan-17
Thanks for the input. Anything else I should know?

06-Jan-17
I go every year and will be there again this year. I will have several decorative turkey calls entered in the callmaking contest. I'm pretty sure you have to buy banquet tickets in advance. Saturday evening Awards Banquet will have Gary Allan as entertainment.

Seminars, callmaking contest turkey calls, and the turkey calling contests are worth checking out. You can get some pretty good deals on custom calls entered in the callmaking contest by the silent bidding process.

06-Jan-17
I went about 6 yeats ago when it was in Charlotte. I liked it better then any hunting show I have ever been too. A large chunk of the custom call makers are there. Some are true works of art.

07-Jan-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
I just got my invitation to apply for press creds. I did apply and since it is in my backyard-12 miles away-I might go. It really is not what it once was but it is not bad. Lot of extra curricular activity. The exhibit floor, itself has some interesting booths but there is one drawback. A man with a turkey call is just like a man with an erection. He just can't leave it alone. Take ear plugs. It is bad enough, having to listen to it in my backyard.

07-Jan-17
I have gone for several years. Get your tickets in advance for Dinner and Luncheon events. Try and get your expo pass in advance or go early or you will be standing in line to get a wristband even if you have a membership card. Friday is busy, Saturday is crazy busy. Have fun

09-Jan-17
I have my room reservation and tickets. Myself and my call building partner have 4 box calls (2 single sided and 2 double sided short box calls) entered in the working class call competition. We always have a good time meeting old and new friends.

09-Jan-17
Millie and I are thinking about going. We were chapter sponsors when we lived in TX and always wanted to go to the Big Event. Now that we're in TN we hope to finally get there.

10-Jan-17
Will be going again this year and representing CWTF from Canada, hope to meet some of the call makers. Its a great event, with 55,000 people going threw show last year.

09-Feb-17
Well I waited to long to book my room at the Gaylord. Any other hotel suggestions?

09-Feb-17
Been there done that great event lotta fun

09-Feb-17
I always wanted to attend at least one. I would really like to attend this year if Gary Allan is entertaining, but since P&Y is in St. Louis I'll be doing that at the beginning of April. Won't be able to do both.

• Sitka Gear