Ward's Outfitters 07-Feb-17
Junior 09-Feb-17
Paul@thefort 09-Feb-17
07-Jan-17

Ward's Outfitters's embedded Photo
Bowsite Members stay tuned we will be posting photos from our hunts from both Mexico and Arizona. Please keep in mind were out of service for long periods of time but will do our best to keep you up to date. If yiu don't mind we will also post a few Rifle kills.

07-Jan-17

07-Jan-17

07-Jan-17

07-Jan-17

07-Jan-17

08-Jan-17
Steven: Unless a wide angle lens was distorting things, that's a Booner jack! :)

09-Jan-17
Some really nice bucks there Steven, congrats!

12-Jan-17
I spoke to Steven a couple of days ago and he mentioned that it was very warm where he was hunting....perfect for water. It has been very warm here in Southeast Arizona and now with a full moon the hunting is double tough for mule deer and it recently rained so sitting water? I have missed a 160" to 165" deer four times this year...yes the same buck coming into a field of does. He has disappeared for the past two days (i don't blame him) but hopefully he will fall in love again, ONE MORE TIME. The deer here are on there honey moon. This is when the buck disappears from the herd and has taken a doe to his secret honey hole and hides the doe from the other smaller bucks. The past four days I have seen a single buck with a single doe. This is the best time to spot and stalk. I wish I could!!!!

12-Jan-17

StickFlicker's Link
Steve's rabbit is likely an Antelope Jackrabbit (not to be confused with the mythical Jack-A-Lope), the largest subspecies of jackrabbit, that occurs in Southern Arizona and Northern Mexico. It can get to 9 pounds and tends to run in small groups (in my experience) versus Arizona's other smaller jackrabbit, the Black-Tailed Jackrabbit which is usually more solitary. It has extra long ears as well, comparatively. See the attached link in Wikipedia.

12-Jan-17
Steven this is BOWSITE!!! What are you thinking posting slingshot kills? That is one big wabbit. I see you got another pair of those boots, were the tan ones you got in Arizona worn out or did you just want the brighter colors? Congratulations to all the hunters on some very nice deer!!!

12-Jan-17
Hamblaster works on those wassgulls too

12-Jan-17
Slingshot kill... I love it

17-Jan-17

17-Jan-17

17-Jan-17

17-Jan-17

17-Jan-17

17-Jan-17

17-Jan-17
Chuck with three coues bucks two javelina and two bobcats. A great week of archery hunting.

18-Jan-17
Great coues bucks and cats. I've got a new idea for a website - Slingsite!

18-Jan-17
They probably stopped because the guy ran out of arrows! Dang!!!

18-Jan-17
Awesome...

25-Jan-17
Forest, I found this info about cape care in the thread about Ned Greer's desert Bighorn bowhunt. I thought that I would share for everyone's future benefit.....

"I talked with Dr. Traci Butler from USDA yesterday. There is a new reg that says you must certify (print up your own written statement at home and take it with you and sign it in MX) that the cape was frozen solid for 24hrs before leaving MX. The cape then needs to be thawed for tick inspection by the time you get to US Customs. After thawing, you could salt it so it won't spoil/hair slip. You can get around the freezing reg if you can get the cape re-salted several times to the point that it becomes "hard-dried." This means the flesh side should be fairly stiff like cardboard and no longer wet. If you are going to hangout and fish/kickback for a few days, this is possible. Otherwise, take it somewhere in Loreto and get it in a freezer for a day and a half. Also THOROUGHLY scrape the skullcap so there is no wet flesh or sinew and then salt it so it is not wet. Call the USFWS in Torrence, CA a couple days before you leave MX if flying through LAX to arrange for a USFWS Inspector to meet you at LAX US Customs. They will want the original copy of your CITES and a USFWS Form 3-177. Plus they will look to make sure you have the MX PROFEPA export permit, and a hunt contract but will not keep those. The USFWS Inspectors are fine to deal with if you are ready. They are better than US Customs as the Customs folks don't deal with this stuff enough and many times don't know what to do."

25-Jan-17
You'd think you were bringing home alien parts from Mars. The bureaucracy in this country is out of control. It's a friggen deer hide from the same continent. Our government is more worried about Mexican deer hides coming into this country than it is Mexican people.

26-Jan-17

sam's embedded Photo
sam's embedded Photo
sam's embedded Photo
sam's embedded Photo
Just returned from some Sonora Coues hunting with Wards, everyone got shots. Great trip that was over much too soon.

07-Feb-17

07-Feb-17

07-Feb-17

07-Feb-17