ElkNut1 10-Jan-17
07-Jan-17

ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
Taylor with his Plaque!
Taylor with his Plaque!
We just had our 5th Annual get together with a few ElkNuts! (grin) We've been together for years so started this get together 5 years ago. We hang out for 4-5 hours & reminisce the years hunts we were all on. They stem from Antelope hunts to Elk hunts, good times by all with a few brewskis flowing! It's almost as good as the hunt itself! We all shared in our trials & errors as well as our successes. Two of the Team couldn't make it this year but we thought of them both!

This year my Son Paul II had a very cool steel plaque made by a local welding shop & elk hunter to be given to the hunter with the best bull, it represents the ElkNut Logo. This year it was Taylor who earned the bragging rights for the year. Next year he will pass it on to the next recipient. It was a great idea by my son! Hopefully I'll get it one of these times! (grin) These guys are good!

Here's a couple photos of the event & Taylor holding his Plaque & a close up of the 10# plaque.

ElkNut1

07-Jan-17

07-Jan-17
You guys must not be very windy! 4 or 5 hrs is just a good start for our whitetail group, especially when beers are involved ;-)

Congrats on what looks to have been a great season!

08-Jan-17
I can see Clayton taking that plaque home. He always seems to get a good one. Looks like a good time Paul.

08-Jan-17
t-roy, we were together from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. so I guess it was more like 7 hours! (grin) Not sure how I got 4-5 out of it! Thanks!

Joe, thanks. Yes Clayton takes nice bulls, maybe next year! We're thinking a different agenda for the Plaque winner from year to year but haven't come up with a solution yet? It was fun & each guy told in detail how they located & eventually took their bull, it was good stuff!

ElkNut1

08-Jan-17
Looks like a great evening ! Congrats to all of you elknuts.Excellent plaque..and a great gesture,,shows what a good group y'all are...

08-Jan-17
It might be worth it from me to fly in from Chicago for the afternoon just to listen to success and learn how to get my first elk!! Somethings you just cant learn from a book.

08-Jan-17
Sounds like a nice get-together, and the traveling plaque is a great idea !

08-Jan-17
Yuall did good, congrats to all. Peter

08-Jan-17
Yep good season. Looks like fun. Good job to all.

08-Jan-17
Looks like a great evening ! Congrats to all of you elknuts.Excellent plaque..and a great gesture,,shows what a good group y'all are...

08-Jan-17
Pat, yes the Plaque is very cool, the photo doesn't do it justice! My Son had it designed & made & it's really a privilege to have it a year, thanks! I'll give you a call soon!

Chas, I know I truly appreciate their friendship & their never give up attitude towards their elk hunts! Clayton only heard one bull & he called it in & put an arrow in him at 30 yards, the Contact Buzz (former estrus buzz) is what got it done, very cool & I enjoyed him sharing his story the other night! Thanks!

Chris, I hear ya, hard not to learn from real life experiences on OTC DIY elk hunts! Thanks!

Thank you to you others as well!

ElkNut1

08-Jan-17
Paul that sounds like a good time.

You should add some "team player" plaques.

One for the guy who hauls the most lb-miles of hunting buddies elk off the mountain for the year (hauling your own elk doesn't count). Haul 50 lbs three miles and get 150 lb-miles; Haul 100 lbs one mile and get 100 lb-miles.

Another plaque for the guy who calls in the most elk for buddies (again calling one in for yourself doesn't count). A call in only counts if shot is fired.

How about one for the guy who does the most cooking or dish washing?

09-Jan-17
That plaque looks really nice. Great season for y,all .

10-Jan-17
Thanks guys!

Aspen, sounds complicated! (grin)

ElkNut1

• Sitka Gear