dakotabowhunter 11-Jan-17
PUTZ 11-Jan-17
HDE 11-Jan-17
GLP 11-Jan-17
Packrat 18-Jan-17
Zip4644 21-Jan-17
master guide 24-Jan-17
08-Jan-17
I've been thinking of switching broadheads and am interested in these. Anyone have opinions or advice as to which model to use? My old broadhead's are innerloc 125, 3 blades, they are no longer available. I was very happy with the performance of them. Mostly concerned with performance for elk hunting. They are available in 3 and 4 blade, 100 and 125 grain. What do you suggest?

08-Jan-17
I shot the wackem exit four blade this year and was very impressed! Solid accurate head!! Hunt

08-Jan-17
Currently use the 3 blade 100 gr as my go to. Perform very well on elk.

08-Jan-17
Should I be concerned with any arrow flight or penatration problems with the 4 blade head?

08-Jan-17
They all still fly great.....their customer service has suffered dramatically since they changed ownership, IMO.

08-Jan-17
I've used both the 4 blade and 3 blade. Zero issues with the 4 blade. Switched to 3 because they don't have a 4 blade in 100 gr. For things like broadheads, I don't worry about customer service.

08-Jan-17
Very good head. I have ised the 4 blade and they shoot excellent and penetrate as well as anything out there.

09-Jan-17
The 4 blade 100 grain is a great elk, moose or anything broadhead. Fly perfectly. I'm not a fan of their mechanical heads, just not a fan of completely unsupported blades. But their 4 blade is the best broad head money can buy. IMO

09-Jan-17
Wac ems were the First broadhead I ever killed anything with years ago, I changed simply for the reason to try something new. Finally switched back to them after a few lost animals (not the broad heads fault) and I can't figure out why I ever switched away from them in the first place. They are wicked sharp, tune with my field tips and fly quiet. Lots of good heads out there but I am sticking with Wac ems this time until I have a legitimate reason not to!

09-Jan-17
Although they are sharp and fly exactly like a field point, I'll never use them again. Their blades are thin and the edge retention is horrible. I don't want a broadhead that has blade edges that roll over when going thru an elk rib on entry (the rib was the only hard thing that was hit). At that point the broadhead is just punching a hole and not cutting.

09-Jan-17
These are a great head. I shoot the XL 3 blade 125's. They are discontinued on the website, but they are the same thing as their crossbow head.

I took them to Africa last year and they performed perfectly on everything. The only minor deformation was when I hit the far side shoulder on a quartering away Wildebeest. Two of the blades folded over when the head was buried into the shoulder blade. I think that's to be expected. I probably won't shoot anything else unless I go to mechanicals for whitetails one of these days.

09-Jan-17
I have shot them for 10+ years and killed many animals with it. They are the most accurate fixed blade I have tried (tested to 100yds). They were the first low profile short fixed head that many copied. Of course they are not perfect in all categories- small cutting diameter, blades bend/roll on some tissue. But they hit where I aim and are very forgiving and very good penetration. I like the 125 3 blade.

09-Jan-17
I've started using Wac 'Ems in 2004 and have never looked back. I shoot the 100 gr. with three blades.

09-Jan-17
They look like great heads. I also like the looks of their expandible.

09-Jan-17
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

09-Jan-17
They wacems fly great and are my go to head for deer. For elk the magnus stinger 4 blade has yet to fail us and always dropped the elk within 80yds.

09-Jan-17
Excellent heads. I shoot the 3 blade 125. I took 2 caribou this fall and had pass thru on each. Same with whitetail deer this past season. They fly true and I've had no issues sharpening or touching up.

10-Jan-17
I bought a pack of G5 strikers once because the local stores didn't have Wac'ems in stock and I needed a few more heads asap. I was thoroughly disappointed! The machining was poor and the spin was off! Looked like they are cheap on the manufacturing, and they cost more than Wac'ems., probably so they can spend more on Advertising. I returned them when I got back.

10-Jan-17
I had several strikers break right where the threads end. I did a google search and apparently a lot of other people had the same problem. I've yet to have a wac'em do that.

10-Jan-17
Never shot the fixed blade Wac Em's, but I found out real quick just how pitiful their 3-blade expandables are. I shot one into a broadhead target, and when I pulled it back out, the blades were mangled so bad I couldn't even fold them back into position. I snapped a picture (which I've since deleted), and emailed Wac'Em. I was told that these broadheads were not meant to be practiced with, only hunted with....and this is the best part...that even though the blades won't withstand being shot into foam, they hold up really well on tough hide and bones! I will give them credit for having quick customer service, with clever responses.

10-Jan-17
Killed a two year cow elk about 8 years ago, using a Wac Em 100 grain 3 blade, 45 yard uphill shot, actually penetrated through the far shoulder blade. Not the toughest head on the market, but they seem to fly well, and have good penetration.

Best of Luck, Jeff

10-Jan-17
I used them for about a year. Found them to shoot accurate. Blades are extremely sharp. What I didn't like was the thinness of the blades. Went back to one-piece COC BH's (VPA and Woodsmen Elite).

For insert style BH, I think Slick Trick much better head. But, that is only my opinion.

10-Jan-17
You bring up a good point. If those other heads had blade thickness like the Wac'em, they'd break too. Rockwell C 54 is Rockwell C 54. Thickness brings rigidity.

11-Jan-17
So their crossbow 125 and xl 125 are the same. Both have the bigger cutting diameter and thicker blades?

11-Jan-17
Though I have not shot them, from what I can find on the internet, I like the idea of the sharpened tip but question the connection between the tip and rest of blade.

11-Jan-17
No issues if they are put together right.

11-Jan-17
I shoot the xl 125 . .030 blades and 1 & 1/4 cut. Great broad head! Although I would use the standard for elk. The xl is fantastic on deer.

18-Jan-17
I love the things. They shoot great and are razor sharp out of the package. The new stainless expandable heads interest me and the aluminum expandable heads will be in my quiver this spring for turkey season.

21-Jan-17
Love them very accurate and well put together killed 5 deer with the same head this season, only replaced the blades....

24-Jan-17
The new Wackem Primitive 2blade in 100 gr. or 125gr may be your head. Its very close to the thunder herd 150 .2blade saw a lot of deer and elk taken with that thunder head. the new wackem looks very good to me.

• Sitka Gear