TD 10-Jan-17
t-roy 10-Jan-17
Genesis 11-Jan-17
t-roy 11-Jan-17
BULELK1 11-Jan-17
Nimrod 04-Feb-17
09-Jan-17

Nimrod's embedded Photo
Jan 27 2016 Mike Lopez's Lucy helped out.
Nimrod's embedded Photo
Jan 27 2016 Mike Lopez's Lucy helped out.
Hunting in central Alabama is awesome because every season, no matter how things go in the deer woods, there is always late January and early February. The peak of the rut on my land in Florida is in early September , a week before the season opens and it is miserably hot. Even Georgia's November rut can be hampered by hot weather. A November trip to some whitetail mecca may or may not produce the dream of a new best bow buck. If you are fortunate to have a place in South Texas, Christmas may produce that dream buck. But, it's not over until February 10 and for the last 2 years on that day I've been in bow range of 130" to 140" deer. I'll buy my Alabama license next week and for the 35th year be where I love to be most at the end of January. It is looking like bama might lose this game, but Roll Tide, just the same.

10-Jan-17
Scared the crap out of me with this thread title, I just knew TBM was back.

10-Jan-17
They just got rolled!

10-Jan-17
What a game....what a finish!!

10-Jan-17

10-Jan-17
2 great teams put on a great show.

10-Jan-17
One of the best games of all time!

10-Jan-17
Helluva game abb translates anybody but bama thanks Clemson

10-Jan-17
great game Thanks Tigers from a UW Husky fan

10-Jan-17
Bama fans are blaming it on the Russians

10-Jan-17
I wonder about the impact of the "Kiffen Factor" or lack there of?

One of the best games I've ever watched. It offered everything a football game is suppose to be about- kinda like taking a trophy animal on the last day of the hunt in the last moments of light.

10-Jan-17
Ranks right up there with the Boise State---OU Fiesta Bowl and the USC---Texas Rose Bowl games!

10-Jan-17
Love it that they have the playoffs now. Great game. Instant Classic!

10-Jan-17
Hard hitting game. I think the Bo Scarbrough injury (broken leg) had more of a negative impact on Alabama's loss than the Kiffen fiasco.

10-Jan-17
Oh come on Ghost.....it was just a fracture. If you want to make it to Sundays, you've got to learn to play with ingrown toenails and fractures.......

This was just Saban's way of selling Bama on his replacement. Oh yea.......Dabo's coming to T town. Believe it!

;-)

Congrats out to Clemson..........but Troy DID beat ya'll. :-)

10-Jan-17
Ghost... I agree. Bo was running hard and the offense became stagnant.

10-Jan-17
Awesome game---'Bama lost its normal second half edge when Scarbrough got injured. -Too much pressure on the 'Bama defense (with close to 100 plays ran against them) with a HIGHLY skilled Clemson attack offense that made unreal plays by a host of players. Great game that I am happy I stayed up for. ................... BTW- Congrats on the buck, Nimrod.

10-Jan-17

Genesis's embedded Photo
Genesis's embedded Photo
Joey,I was there (son plays @ Troy) and saw the ACC crew steal it for Clemson !

10-Jan-17

Genesis's embedded Photo
Genesis's embedded Photo
Senior Year....gonna miss the games but I get my bowhunting partner back...

Go Troy!!

10-Jan-17
Come on.....Troy is good. Ranked 25 at one time. Scoreboard didn't show it, but Troy beat 'em. :-) Had their best year ever. Ending was tough, but still a great season.

Go Trojans, eh?

:-)

10-Jan-17
Genesis, wished I'd know that was your son. I'd have payed closer attention. He's a big'un. I was more a home game fan this season. Gave me a chance to visit with my son over there. :-)

10-Jan-17
Gosh..... I was thinkin' maybe a DB....... =D

10-Jan-17
Embry...... LOL!

10-Jan-17
I thought you guys were bragging on ME!

I DO have a Troy State sweatshirt and hat! Wife got em for me for my birthday one year. Not a big Troy U. following here in Iowa ;-)

11-Jan-17
Troy Trojan mascot is actually named T-roy lol

11-Jan-17
There's a condom joke in there somewhere!

11-Jan-17
I am a Collage Football Geek so I loved that game!

Good luck, Robb

04-Feb-17

Nimrod's embedded Photo
Nimrod's embedded Photo
Well, it's over. Another deer season has past. In 2008, I killed a 159" 10 point in Alabama with a rifle. That was my last gun kill. I decided I was gonna get a big one with the bow. That was 9 seasons ago and I have yet to get that Alabama buck. I shot a 95" 9 point last year that suffered a case of severe ground shrinkage. This year my hunt lasted 3 1/2 days, January 31 to February 3. The weather was a little warmer (48 to 74) than I had anticipated but logistics chose the dates. I spent very little time on the ground during daylight, maybe 4 hours. I saw 8 bucks and 32 does and yearlings, nearly all in bow range. The Ozonic's is amazing. The largest buck (in the pic) was a 4 1/2 yr old 9 point. He was a lucky boy because while in velvet he broke his right beam off just below G4. Had he been a 10, I would of drilled him at 12 yards broadside. He strolled by at 12:17 on the first day and he was the only cruiser I saw the entire trip. That was disappointing. I also had a 3 1/2 yr old 6 point lacking brow times (should of been an 8) with a 17" inside spread all over me the last afternoon. I hunted as hard and as long as I possibly could and came home without a buck but with satisfaction, knowing I'd done my best. I had a ball, enjoyed every minute but it is difficult to explain. Why hunt at all? Why limit yourself to a bow? Why wait for the one in a hundred that in all likelihood you will never see? I pondered these questions on the 300 mile trip home and never came up with a reasonable answer. I will get the answer one day, maybe next year, maybe in 10 years when I wrap my hands around those heavy bases. Until then, the dream lives on. Thanks for listening. I needed to get that off my chest.

• Sitka Gear