12yards 19-Jan-17
casekiska 19-Jan-17
Brotsky 19-Jan-17
sir misalots 19-Jan-17
Zackman 19-Jan-17
TEmbry 21-Jan-17
kellyharris 21-Jan-17
13-Jan-17
I know a bunch of folks have already prepped their goals for the year. Me, it's to man up to my new speed bow's full potential, figure out which BH is going to get me excellent penetration and blood trail, and take down a big fat bull. How about you-all?

13-Jan-17
I resolved to do whatever it takes to get my daughter a turkey this year!

13-Jan-17
I just want to shoot my first elk. -Joe

13-Jan-17
"I just want to shoot my first elk." x 2 but I'm probably not going this year so little tough to achieve that one

13-Jan-17
Mine is the same as Brotsky... only my daughter, not his.

13-Jan-17
Put away the compound, dust off the recurve, and get ready to hunt with it. Last year's resolution was the same but in May a broken back put an end to that.

13-Jan-17
Continue the journey to becoming an apex predator! Pattern animals all year even if I don't draw tags. (But hopefully will draw some tags!).

13-Jan-17
Make it to 2018.

13-Jan-17
Prep for elk season and not be a fat kid while doing so... Get my soon to be 5 year old girl in the ground blind w/me during October for whitetails and turkeys.

13-Jan-17
Simple. Continue doing what I love and do more of it.

13-Jan-17
Get my own first spring turkey, and use a recurve or longbow. I got my first turkey, at 10,000', last fall, with my compound while elk hunting.

13-Jan-17
I love the way you parents are introducing your kids to the hunt. What do they say - if you can get them hunting by 13, there's a good chance they will be lifetime hunters?

Another goal is to feel confident on 50-yard shots with BH's. Might be tough, because I don't have a place I can shoot that distance daily, and repetitive practice seems to be a real key.

13-Jan-17
Focus less on myself.

I should elaborate so I don't sound judgy. I still want to do the stuff I want to do, try and do a major hunt each year and stuff, i just find that when I focus too hard on all the things I want to do, my mood can suffer when things don't go the way I want them to, my relationships suffer, etc. When I focus less on myself, it seems like the same overall things happen but the focus is different and my family is better off. If necessary, maybe my goals need to take a back seat.

13-Jan-17
Apauls, i find myself in your situation very often, i think i should try to do the same, its tough though

13-Jan-17
I'd like to shoot the WR Sitka Blacktail and WR Mountain Goat in August on Kodiak, two elk in September, one of which will be the WR and the other the new #2, the WR AK/Yukon moose in September, the WR typical and non-typical white tails in two different states in November, the WR Coues in January, and a wildcard somewhere in between from a tag that I've yet to draw, say, DBHS in AZ or UT and I'll be shooting for that to be the WR as well.

I generally end up shooting a bunch of 1 year old animals in OTC units, but I start out with slightly higher goals.

13-Jan-17
Figure out how to top 2016 and enjoy the hell out of several hunts in 17' with my best buds.

13-Jan-17
Nick ...You have the roughest resolution...Your 16 will be difficult to top my friend!!!

13-Jan-17
Try to draw sheep/mt. goat/moose tag in Colorado/Wyoming/Utah. Just one is all I ask!

13-Jan-17

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
To get our house sold in the city and get the ball rolling on getting our house built on our little piece of land... :)

16-Jan-17
Embry - looks like that song "My Blue Heaven" - good luck with that. APauls - it's easy to get wound up too tight on external stuff, but time waits for noone. If you have things you'd like to achieve, it's also important to hold yourself accountable for working towards that. Hopefully, investing in the process, and letting the results speak for themselves. That being said, I've got a very specific result in mind, so who am I fooling? Setting goals commits me to an often months- or even years-long process, and not only adds meaning to the result, but is necessary to even achieving them. There's a saying "most of us aim for nothing in life and achieve our goal with amazing accuracy". Somebody else said make sure you smell the flowers on the way. A lot of my biggest takeaways from hunts aren't the X seconds out of the X days where I'm drawing on an animal, but the time I spend with friends in God's finest creations. The goals I set make all that possible.

16-Jan-17
Go after bulls with a Recurve! Let my left calf heal up, I'm so stubborn & impatient with it! Stay in shape so I can elk hunt & pack them off the mountain! I'll be 62 so I just need to keep my eye on the prize! (grin)

ElkNut1

16-Jan-17
See 2018 will be at the top of the list elknut know the feeling I'm 70 and still planning hunts Lewis

16-Jan-17
Lewis, God willing, I'll be looking forward & doing hunts at your age too! Good luck to you! Thanks!

ElkNut1

16-Jan-17
To be a better man to my wife of 30 years. To Hunt more with my daughter, very hard as she is a recent RN graduate. To see a mature buck in 2017....no really, it's been almost 20 years.

19-Jan-17
Life is where your standing. My resolution is keeping that my lens on life.

19-Jan-17

kellyharris's embedded Photo
1. To spend more time with my family and not work so much! Get Morgan in a boat load of physical therapy and hopefully get her to the point she can shoot an actual bow again!

2. To irritate Nick Muche so bad his head explodes!

3. To hopefully kill something so Bou stays off my back!

4. To post more photos of my wife on bowsite to irritate Nick Muche!

5. Spend more time on my steel horse!

6. To really work on #2 resolution!!!

19-Jan-17

WOW already working on it!

OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DOO I'VE GOT A PERFECT PUZZLE FOR YOU,

OOMPA LOOMPA, DOOMPADAH DEE IF YOU ARE WISE YOU'LL LISTEN ME,

WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU GUZZLE DOWN SWEETS,

EATING AS MUCH AS AN ELEPHANT EATS,

WHAT ARE YOU AT GETTING TERRIBLY FAT WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL COME OF THAT I DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF IT OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DAH,

IF YOU'RE NOT GREEDY YOU WILL GO FAR,

YOU WILL LIVE IN HAPPINESS TOO LIKE THE OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DO

DOOMPADEE DOO

19-Jan-17
To bowhunt with my Daughter this Year again. She's planning on coming home after 4 years of Marine Corps Service, she's currently in Okinawa.

Best of Luck, Jeff

19-Jan-17
Work hard and provide for my girlfriend and soon-to-be born son

Tag my first elk -

Volunteer more for hunters' rights / conservation-based groups

Spend more time focusing on becoming a better person overall

19-Jan-17
Elkmtngear,

Tell your daughter thank you for her service and sacrifices!!!

God Bless,

Scar.

19-Jan-17
Get my middle son a shot at a whitetail.

19-Jan-17
Salute your daughter, "O" grade or not! Tell her thanks for her service and "Semper Fi" from a fellow jarhead of the old corps (1965 -1971).

19-Jan-17
Jeff, thank your daughter for her service! Of all these listed I hope your resolution comes to fruition. God bless.

19-Jan-17

sir misalots's embedded Photo
Only seen him once
sir misalots's embedded Photo
Only seen him once
hope to hunt more This year was a bust, hurt ankle , missed the late season. Hope to get my second deer with a longbow. Maybe this one

19-Jan-17
This got weird...

21-Jan-17
Bull Moose, Dall Sheep, Brown Bear, Grizzly Bear... Hope to cross off 3 from that list this year. Throw in a few black bears and a handful of sitka blacktails for good measure. Living in Alaska is a drag.. :)

21-Jan-17

Working on number 5 today! 65 degrees in Ohio on January!

Oh snap! Working on #2 as well since I'm posting a non hunting photo on a hunting website!!!

Nick let me know if you want to huntil for a BOB this year, I can even pick you up at the airport brother!!!!

• Sitka Gear