KopFjagger 14-Jan-17
The last savage 14-Jan-17
drycreek 14-Jan-17
Bushwacker 14-Jan-17
t-roy 14-Jan-17
14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Here are some pics from my 2016 safari in Namibia, with Jaco at Namibia Safari Corporation. I did decide to take a Harteman's Mountain Zebra and Klipspringer with a .270 but only after hunting them in the Namibian mountains. With the time I had left it was either not come home with one or move to Namibia because they stay in the mountains and there is no closing on them in that terrain. Was very impressed with them and they rarely come to water so sitting in a hide in the mountains wasn't a very viable option. Also went on a Tiger Fishing trip which was amazing on the Zambezi River on the Zambia border. Then took a day trip to Victoria Falls. Was a super trip. Enjoy the pics and try not to give too much grief over picking up a rifle. This was my Springbok from first day. 13.5 inches long. Might go top 20 with bow.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
This was my Steenbok. He may go top 20 with SCI with a bow too. He was 4 and 3/8ths tall.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Took this old Wart Hog on the 3rd day after recovering from 26,000 steps in the mountains on day two chasing Mountain Zebra and Klipspringer. Great day but learned a lot about those two species and the terrain they call home. Since the didn't come to water and you have no brush or cover in their rock covered mountains decide to go with a .270

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Here was my Harteman's Mountain Zebra. He was about an 18 yo stallion. Jaco said they live to be 30 in the wild. Cool thing I saw was the skinner Ephram used the Harteman's Zebra's hoof to sharpen his blade. I asked I'm if he could do that with any of the other animals like Kudu or Wildebeest or even Burchell's (Common) Zebra and he said No, just the Mountain Zebra could you sharpen your blade on their hooves. Evidently all that time in the rocks makes their hoofs especially hard. We spent the 2nd day doing 26,000 steps and saw probably 100 zebra in groups of 3 or 4 to up to 12. Most of those groups spotted us at 400 to 500 yards and took off immediately. So when we went back on day 4 this was a challenge even with a rifle.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Here is my Klipspringer. 162 yards. These little guys were usually in male/female pairs. They also have territory like a Blackbuck Antelope and do their business in one spot each day. These will give you a 60 to 100 yard cushion once in awhile but won't stand for anything closer than that and it's on the side of steep rocky slopes. I believe Klipspringer means "rock jumper'. He was 3 1/4 inches tall.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
After the Bow Hunting Safari we went Tiger Fishing up north on the Zambia border of Namibia on the Zambezi River at Talizo Springs Fishing Resort. This was my Tiger Fish. He wasn't the biggest but I can say I caught one and had a great time fishing.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
So here's what I was after. My buddy Jaco (and PH) caught this beauty. What a nice Tiger Fish! I was very happy for him. It is going on the wall.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Here is a world class Nembwe or Yellow Bellied Bream. It was 5.9 lbs. It was like 0.4 kilograms off the world record. Our guide almost fell out of the boat making sure we netted him.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Here is Jaco with a nice Barber fish or African Catfish. I caught one a little bigger than this but can't find the pic.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
On our way from the fish camp to see Victoria Falls we had to do 8 border crossings, 4 going and 4 coming back. We had to stop for this group of 15 elephants to cross the road in Mozambique. Puts a whole new meaning to 'deer' crossing signs for me.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Jaco and I at Victoria Falls in Zimbabwa. They were magnificent and well worth the long day trip to see them.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Another pic of Victoria Falls

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Outside the entrance to Victoria Falls in Livingston I did some bartering for this Teak carving of the Big Five. They wanted $500 for it and I got it for $135. I think I did pretty good. Was fun doing the bidding.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Here's the other side of the Big Five Teak wood carving.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Picked up these Ironwood carvings of a Rhino and Cape Buffalo. They wanted $80 and $60 for them or $140. I got them for $25 and $20 or $45 for both. Not too bad. Love these carvings.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Namibia Mountains were beautiful but rugged and no cover. Hardly any trees or brush. Just rocks with some grass between the cracks.

14-Jan-17

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
Namibian Sunrise from the Lodge at camp. Have been to South Africa 3 times and this was my first trip to Namibia and I would highly recommend it.

14-Jan-17
Great trophies there and nice extracurricular adventures too.

Noticed that Southern Hemisphere Gravity had effect on some of your photos!!

14-Jan-17
Great write up and pictures. My daughter and I just booked our first trip to Africa and we are going with Otjandaue in Namibia. At the top of my wish list is the Mt Zebra and I know the odds are not in my favor since I'll be using a bow, but hey, I'm up for the challenge. She is after a good Kudu bull, so we'll see how it turns out. Either way, we are going to have a great time.

14-Jan-17
Bushwacker...thanks and good luck on your hunt...when are you going, 2017?

14-Jan-17
Love and miss Namibia...

Thanks for the photos. I've been twice now and long to return. 2020 for me and my wife. It'll be our 5 year anniversary as we were married in Namibia in 2015.

14-Jan-17
Looks like an awesome adventure!

14-Jan-17
Great journey my friend....Trip of a lifetime!!!

14-Jan-17
Looks like a great adventure ! Beautiful zebra too !

14-Jan-17
June or July of 2018

14-Jan-17
Congrats on all your trophies! I'm kinda fond of the wood carvings myself. Got a little carried away in Capetown!

• Sitka Gear