Barty1970 19-Jan-17
Charlie Rehor 19-Jan-17
midwest 19-Jan-17
Medicinemann 19-Jan-17
Brotsky 19-Jan-17
LINK 19-Jan-17
mat1739 23-Jan-17
18-Jan-17
I'm about to be in the market for a new fixed 5 pin sight. Currently, I'm shooting an Axcel HD Armortech, purchased new in 2009. I previously bought a new bow this fall and figured I'd outfit it with a new sight in the off season.

Just wanting to know what everyone likes and or recommends.

Also - I'm left handed if that matters.

Thank you

18-Jan-17
Spot Hogg Hunter....

19-Jan-17
Spot Hogg Hogg-it

19-Jan-17
Montana Black Gold has terrific products, an online custom shop, great customer service and all US made in Montana.

Also, a long time Bowsite Sponsor! Good luck! C

19-Jan-17
I have Spot Hogg and MBG. Both rock solid. The MBG customer service is beyond outstanding.

19-Jan-17
I currently use a Montana Black Gold five pin sight. Regardless of what sight you get, if you carry your bow in a bow case, make sure that whatever sight you purchase will still allow the bow to fit in the case. My sights are on a dovetailed arm. They give me more distance from the peepsight to the pins, improving accuracy (like a longer barreled gun...think rifle versus pistol)). Before putting the bow into the case, I must loosen the sight sleeve and pull in the sights for it to fit into the bowcase. It's no big deal, however, because I have the exact point on the sleeve marked, and I ALWAYS shoot an arrow afterwards, as a double check that everything is OK. When I remove the bow from the case, I simply slide the sight back out to the mark and tighten it down. I feel that the extra accuracy outweighs the one minute inconvenience of having to retighten the sight after taking it out of the case. Strictly a matter of personal preference (unless I can find a wider case, where the process won't be required). When hunting locally, I don't use a case, I just rest the bow on the seat. I just use a case for longer distance hunts. Again, personal preference.

MBG sights will also allow you to pick your pin colors (if you order from them directly). If you are in your forties, I would suggest alternating between green and yellow pins. Spot Hogg sights seem a little more durable, but I chose the MBG because their fiber optic pins seem to work better for my eyes.

19-Jan-17
I went from SH to MBG, I will second Jake's comment that MBG pins seem a little brighter and crisper to my 40 year old eyes.

19-Jan-17
Another spot Hogg vote. I shoot the tommy Hogg.

23-Jan-17
Thank you all for the input. I'll be turning 30 in March so this is a gift from my wife to myself.

I was actually favoring towards the MBG. I'll check them out today.

Thanks again.

• Sitka Gear