LKH 20-Jan-17
Charlie Rehor 21-Jan-17
EJG 21-Jan-17
EJG 21-Jan-17
philipf 21-Jan-17
bowbender77 21-Jan-17
ripster 03-Feb-17
20-Jan-17
Hi. I was hoping some help though I am looking for a rifle hunt. I come here everyday and don't go to other sites and my searches so far only turned up threads 4 + years old so was looking for new info if possible. I've never been interested in anything but archery for elk, and typically only do DIY hunts for elk for a long time so don't have any leads on a good rifle outfitter. In this case I need a hunt for my brother, he only rifle hunts and if I don't go with him he'll never go unless someone else sets up a hunt and I know he really wants to get a bull. Due to long battles with Rheumatoid arthritis he isn't in great shape so it needs to be a hunt that isn't too physically demanding though theoretically he is doing better now and could get in better shape as his meds help him with the RA quite a bit now. A few years back he handled a flat tops drop camp hunt with some other guys ok but again not much walking involved in that hunt. It doesn't necessarily need to be a cake walk. A drop camp would be okay but I don't think I'd be happy with the previous place he went. Mostly due to really poor communication and timeliness of communication from the outfitter.

I'd rather not burn any of my CO points , but other than that open to any state and we can wait a few years if points are required. I'd be okay if it meant burning my WY points.

No expectations on trophy potential. It could be the last time I hunt the west with my brother so trying to keep an open mind on price for now. Not looking for special accommodations If it is a good outfitter,

Thanks

Eric

20-Jan-17
I really guess it depends on your price range.. you got one?

20-Jan-17
Because of the point issue I suggest you consider some of the ranching for wildlife places. Not cheap, but at least you could go. This is just an example and I haven''t hunted them, but Sangre de cristo outfitters, unit 69/84 in CO might work for you. They have a good website.

21-Jan-17
Bowsite sponsor, Rockin R in SW Colorado! Easy do for fire stick

21-Jan-17
Not a hard price range but sort of hopeing I find one under 4 but not sure if that is realistic or not.

21-Jan-17
thanks charlie, i will definitely check out rockin R. I've followed several of there hunts on here and they seemed great.

like i said i am open minded on price, so if someone has a recommendation that is over that 4k i'd still be interested in checking it out.

21-Jan-17
Royal Tine Outfitters, Cody and LeRee Henson, Philipsburg, MT. Bow or rifle.

21-Jan-17
Try Donnie Carr with Golden Eagle Outfitters in Colorado.

03-Feb-17
Prewitt Outfitters---Del Norte, Co. Message me if you need more info!!

• Sitka Gear