Zbone 25-Jan-17
Bowriter 25-Jan-17
Zbone 25-Jan-17
drycreek 25-Jan-17
Bowriter 26-Jan-17
22-Jan-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
The slack time is upon me. Deer season is over, turkey season is still a couple months off and the fishing is not great. Normally, this would be the time for relocating stands and doing some post-season scouting. But it won't stop raining long enough for me to get in the woods. In the past, when I had plenty of writing assignments, this was when I got ahead of the deadlines. Now, I am done all the way into mid-March. The rain also has put the damper,(pun intended,), on photography. I think I need a part-time job. Anybody need an experienced PR guy who gets along with the law?

22-Jan-17
"and the fishing is not great"....Fishing is for sissys...8^)))

Sorry John, couldn't help myself...8^)

23-Jan-17

When you use 4# line, it keeps your muscles tuned.

25-Jan-17
Good one John...8^)

Unfortunately, I'll have a lot of slack time now... After 37 years in telecommunications, and 29 years with current employer, due to work force reductions was called in Monday morning and told my job was being eliminated...

Company merged with another in November and figured layoffs were likely coming as they always do in buy outs and mergers, and being there so long with my age and wage figured it wouldn't be long, but didn't think so soon and was praying for 4-1/2 more years of service before early social security at age 62, but didn't happen...

Am still in shock...

25-Jan-17
Hate to hear that. You could always become an outdoor guide. Take people fishing and hunting. I heard you can get rich that way.

25-Jan-17
Thought about that.... Or,,,,,start an whitetail outfitting business...8^)))

25-Jan-17
I hate to hear that Z. The price of oil retired me at 68 years old. I had planned to keep working as long as I could. I have plenty to do though, just have to watch my nickels. SS don't pay squat and I don't want to spend the nest egg too quickly.

26-Jan-17
Serious-If you have it in your area, give some thought one of those private cab companies, like Yugo or whatever it is.

• Sitka Gear