BULELK1 15-Feb-17
wtbowhtr 16-Feb-17
Mike-TN 16-Feb-17
Demuth 30-Mar-17
Sivart 30-Mar-17
IdyllwildArcher 30-Mar-17
donnybowhunter 29-Apr-17
22-Jan-17
My friend and I have been putting in for Colorado points for 10 years now and I have finally admitted I will not make it to the required amount anytime soon for unit 76. Sitting on 10 points, what would you all suggest for a fun hunt, with lots of bulls,(don't have to be huge)? Would prefer to go unguided, but might consider using someone. Any advice is appreciated, thanks! Chris

22-Jan-17
Look at some of the Ranching For Wildlife properties. Some of those can be drawn with that number of NR points and can offer very good hunting. What level of elk hunting experience do you have? That would help with recommendations.

22-Jan-17
Colorado RFW is for Residents only

22-Jan-17
GMU 40 would be your best use of 10 NonRes PPs.

In 2015 it had a 54% success rate for archery

22-Jan-17
Yes, sorry we are non-residents, have been on 9 elk hunts, although haven't killed a ton of elk. We would be very happy to have good rutting action and encounters. Cnelk, would unit 40 best be approached with an outfitter? Thanks again for all of the help!

22-Jan-17
I have a great place in unit 40 for a reasonable price if your interested .

14-Feb-17
Hello I am cashing in points this year for either 76 or 40. archery. I am from Sundance Wyoming area. What do you have down there? I saw your post.

thanks Doug

15-Feb-17
40 for sure If ya have private property to access.

I have hunted in 40 3 times and man is the private the place to be! Sadly we had only public access.....

Good luck, Robb

16-Feb-17
Cajunarcher - sent you a P.M.

16-Feb-17
I'm not sure what you are looking for exist in CO. I obviosly have not been in all the draw units but I have been in 76 twice (once for moose) and it is a good unit if you are happy with a 300ish type bull. Based on what I have seen and read it is a pretty good drop off to the next best thing. It is really a pretty poor situation considering the number of elk CO has.

30-Mar-17
Now that a bunch of states have drawn and Colorado is about due, wanted to re-post and see if anybody has other thoughts?? Thanks!!

30-Mar-17
How many NR points do you need to draw 40?

30-Mar-17
Last year you needed 9 to be a lock, but it'll creep this year. You'll probably need 10 to be a lock and some with 9 will draw. 40 doesn't creep almost a full point per year like 61/76. It's more like a point every other year.

29-Apr-17
bull to cow ratio in 40???

• Sitka Gear