WapitiBob 23-Jan-17
bigeasygator 24-Jan-17
weekender21 24-Jan-17
Tracker 24-Jan-17
Ermine 24-Jan-17
mrelite 24-Jan-17
Destroyer350 24-Jan-17
23-Jan-17
Am looking for a new Bino Harness. Ordered Kuiu but just don't like the way it covers my smaller set. Lots of room for dirt and rain to get in. I am looking at the FHF. I already have the GPS case and its nice. One thing I noticed when looking at the FHF when it on a person i the reviews is that the buckles look like they would get in the way of my backpack straps. Can anyone comment on that.

23-Jan-17
You do realize the KUIU harness has drawstrings so you can cinch the flap down tight, even on smaller binocs?

23-Jan-17
Don't own the bino harness but it looks alright. My buddy just turned me on to the rangefinder holder and tether cord. Where has that been my whole life? That set up is awesome. I have the KUIU bino holder and i LOVE it. Looking forward to adding the rangefinder holder from FHF as soon as it arrives in the mail.

23-Jan-17
I have the Kuiu bino harness and like it for the most part, but it does have a tendency to catch leaves and debris when crawling through brush/alders/etc. Also, it tends to catch snow if you are facing into the wind and the wind is blowing very much.

23-Jan-17
My FHF harness works very well with a back pack on. I've used it for the past 4 hubting seasons and I do not plan on changing. It's well broken in and fits my binos perfectly.

The KUIU one looks great too and in some respects it's probobly better.

23-Jan-17
I've worn my FHF with several different packs and have never had an issue.

23-Jan-17
Like nick ive had a fhf for around 4 years and love them as well as there rangefinder pouch

23-Jan-17
Thanks for the info.

23-Jan-17
Marsupial Gear bino harness, fixes the FHF flap problem and is actually in stock....

24-Jan-17
No issues with the FHF harness and a pack. I've run all kinds of packs with it and it's never been in the way.

24-Jan-17

weekender21's embedded Photo
Front view
Front view
The FHF is probably the single best piece of gear I've purchased in the past 4 years. I tried quite a few before purchasing an FHF and was never happy. Works great with a pack, even when packing bear defense. I really like the FHF range finder pouch as well.

24-Jan-17
Forget the Bino Harness. I like that chest holster. Nice setup overall.

WapitiBob +1 on FHF items being i sock.

24-Jan-17
I have tried them all. I prefer the Alaskan guide over the FHF one

24-Jan-17

mrelite's embedded Photo
it would bend right at the elastic attachment of the pouch
mrelite's embedded Photo
it would bend right at the elastic attachment of the pouch
mrelite's embedded Photo
Doesn't bend anymore!
mrelite's embedded Photo
Doesn't bend anymore!
I've had the FHF for quite sometime now and I do like it but I was pretty frustrated with it after it got broke in. I often just tuck the flap in the pouch so that my bino's are exposed but when I would bend over or crawl the bino's would often slip out, the problem with the design IMO is that the back of the case would bend right where the elastic band of the pouch attaches. Since I really liked the case I decided to just figure out a way to fix it, I cut a couple pieces of carbon arrow and sewed them into the back of the pouch to keep it from bending, it isn't a beautiful fix but has been effective in fixing my only issue with it. I might add that as long as the case is closed and strapped there was no problem but 90% of the time I have the flap tucked into the case.

I've never had any conflicts with wearing a pack

24-Jan-17
I think the biggest problem is finding them in stock. I've been looking to purchase the harness for a few months now. I did go ahead and sign up for the email list and he will send out an update once their available. I sent an email to Paul (owner) about a month back.

His reply: My production company has been very frustrating! They say they are getting back on track now and will be filling my orders starting now. I should have new colors coming back into stock every week starting about mid January. They have production spread out on different items, sizes, and colors from January through March. Hopefully I have a busy spring!

Paul Lewis Owner/Designer

• Sitka Gear