brantman 25-Jan-17
Brotsky 25-Jan-17
Lee 25-Jan-17
Canuck 27-Jan-17
jstephens61 27-Jan-17
Too Many Bows Bob 27-Jan-17
ELKMAN 27-Jan-17
24-Jan-17
Guys - I've put up a number of threads about getting a new bow recently. I'm having a hard time getting to shoot 2 of the 3 bows I've narrowed the search down to. I'm a lefty with a 26.5" draw - tough to find bows to shoot that are a year or two old with that combo - even hard to find that in the brand new ones!! Anyway, curious on opinions from those that have shot the Energy 32 and Energy 35 as well as the Impulse 31. I actually got to shoot the Impulse 31 and really liked how smooth it was - just a bit leary of a 6" brace height. I do a fair bit of late winter hunting when it is cold and concerned about that brace height. Not sure I will be able to get my hands on the E32 or E35 without buying one. For the ones that have shot them all what are your thoughts? I'm mainly interested in a smooth draw and a rock solid wall without the jumpiness.

Thanks,

Lee

24-Jan-17
Of the 3 you've selected I would suggest the E35.

Before I purchased an E35, I would suggest shooting an Elite Synergy, if you really want to know what "smoothness" feels like.

24-Jan-17
I thought hard about the synergy - unfortunately it only goes to 27" - I know that's not much - 1/2" -but it's a concern of mine.

24-Jan-17
According to the Elite site, Synergy series runs draw lengths from 27 inches to 31. I know I have "test driven" a 29.5 inch draw.

24-Jan-17

Lee's Link
Bow dude - my draw is 26.5" - it only goes down to 27" - the other 3 bows I can get in 26.5.

Lee

24-Jan-17
I have the E35, but I also have had the Pure and the Answer. All have been smooth drawing bows. I wasn't looking to get rid of the Answer but I bought the E35 like new for about $250 less than a new one, and couldn't pass it up. It's the best bow I've ever owned, and I've had Mathews, High Country, PSE, and Bear.

25-Jan-17
The E32 is one of the sweetest shooting bows I've ever shot. If speed isn't a concern, you can't go wrong with it. I also have a 26 1/2" DL and shoot a relatively heavy arrow, so I wasn't willing to drop that much fps, so I bought a Pulse instead. Much faster and still very smooth, so it was a great compromise for me.

I bought an Impulse 31 last year and really don't care for it. Mine has very little valley, so it can be "jumpy". If you were right-handed, I'd make you a great deal on it.

I know it's not one of the bows you mentioned, but I bought a BowTech BTX-28 last year, and I absolutely love it. I have the module set on the comfort setting, and even at that, it's only 4fps slower than my Impulse and MUCH more comfortable shooting. The valley is considerably wider and the draw is smoother.

Don't be worried about a 6" BH. If you had a 29"DL, then it may not be the best choice, but at your DL, it's a non issue. With a 26 1/2" DL, your power stroke (how long the arrow's on the string) is 20 1/2". Someone with a 28" DL shooting a 7" BH has a power stroke of 21". In other words, your 6" BH is theoretically more "forgiving" than their 7"BH is for them.

25-Jan-17
Agree with Wyobullshooter. If you are a 26.5" dl, you shouldn't have a problem with 6" brace. If you like the Impulse, get it.

25-Jan-17
ive had both e32 and e35 just preference. e35 gets higher letoff than e32 but you have to have the bow crankes up to the highest i.e. 50-60 pound have the bow at 60,you will be holding about 7 pounds. smooth bows

25-Jan-17
Did you shoot the Elite Spirit at all? I know it's a women's rig but it's a great bow with good specs for a guy with a short draw length. I promise the deer won't question your manhood. Ha!

25-Jan-17
That's funny Brotsky!

27-Jan-17
what Brotsky said. I have two of them. I have a short draw length to begin with and rotator cuff surgery shortened a bit more. I love them and have taken 4 deer and two bear in two years with them. Two because I never go on trips without a back up

27-Jan-17
I have a couple E35s, different camo, a Pure and a Answer. Shot the E32 before I bought the first 35. I felt like it was a light harsh, both in the draw and release. For some reason, I keep gravitating back to the Answer.

27-Jan-17
First off, nothing against the Elite bows.

One of the things you may want to consider is your future servicing of the bow you buy. When I bought a Matthews, I did so in part because I have a very good dealer right around the corner from me. If I need something like an adjustment of something Pete is right there for me. Now maybe you have your own bow press and all, but I would seriously consider who is going to be there for me when I have a problem the day before hunting season opens. No catalog bow will help you then.

TMBB

27-Jan-17
You need one of the Hoyt's with either #1 or #2 cam. Smooth as silk...

• Sitka Gear