nockup 27-Jan-17
ACB 27-Jan-17
wyobullshooter 27-Jan-17
ACB 27-Jan-17
Ermine 29-Jan-17
ACB 29-Jan-17
Tilzbow 30-Jan-17
24-Jan-17
Help me decide which way to go on the question of which to use. I have used the 4" vanes for a long time and recently tried using the blazer vanes this last season. I get good flight with both and broad head flight seems to be good with both. I am still wondering if I should continue with the blazers or switch back to the 4" vanes. Please give me reasons one way or the other in your opinion which one to use.

24-Jan-17
Blazers are the loudest vane out there. Other than that there aren't any significant differences

24-Jan-17
Both can and do work well and as Will pointed out no significant differences. It's almost down to personal preference....

Mark

24-Jan-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I still use 4 in vanes as they seem to shoot through the WB rest better, per their lower profile.

24-Jan-17
Flex Fletch vanes. Best vane ever made, IMO.

25-Jan-17
I'm currently using some low profile vanetec vanes. They are very accurate and much quieter than blazers. 4" is too long for me. Not needed. The vanes I'm using are 2.3" long

25-Jan-17
I use Flex Fletch 4" vanes as well through a WB.

If you fletch your own...make sure to get the Zing Primer...it's a necessity with Flex Fletch vanes.

Best of Luck, Jeff

25-Jan-17
If you do not have a WB rest, there are no significant advantages to Blazer vanes over standard 4" vanes.

25-Jan-17
Slightly higher FOC with Blazers.

25-Jan-17
Blazers put on with the AZ E-Z fletch mini.

25-Jan-17
"Slightly higher FOC with Blazers."

I doubt it. Not only do 2" Blazers and 4" Plastifletch vanes weigh almost the same, the Blazers are fletched with their weight farther back than 4" vanes.

25-Jan-17
I have 4 or 5 different sizes and styles. All are good, it's just a personal preference. I use different ones for different hunts to shake things up and make me practice harder:) Good luck!

25-Jan-17
I forgot to mention I use a Quad Ultra rest on my bow. I do fletch my own with a Blitzenburger right helical clamp. Thanks for the responses so far.

25-Jan-17
I like my Blazers and don't see going back to 4".

25-Jan-17
I like blazers, I hate their hiss.

25-Jan-17
I have fletched thousands of arrows and never had a problem "sticking" until I tried Blazers.They fly o.k.if you can keep them on.I went to Vanetecs.

27-Jan-17
I shoot blazers now out of a trophy taker fall away, and they work fine. I haven't noticed them being noisy, but I'm half deaf from too many years of playing rock and roll. I also shot 4 inch vanes for forever and they were fine, too. One thing that you might consider if it's a big deal to you, is that after the shot- in most situations- arrows with 4 inch vanes , I find at least, are easier to find when the arrow is buried in the shrubberies. Every once in a while I miss my 4 inch vanes because of that.

27-Jan-17
I've shot many different fletchings, including Fusions, MaxHunters, and VaneTecs, and always find myself coming back to Blazers. I don't notice the noise, and neither do the animals I kill... I guess? If you have a Arizona E-Z Fletch Mini and a tube of Loctite Ultra Control Gel, you should never have an issue with good adhesion. It's my belief, that Blazer vanes are perfect for shooting through a Whisker Biscuit, as they are short and stout, and have less friction area than a 4" vane. I'm no scientist, but those are my findings. To each their own, I say, but good luck with whatever you choose to use.

27-Jan-17
This has been here before . The blazers are noise and cause animals to jump string worse . Find a vane that does not make noise no matter the length.

27-Jan-17
I use AAE max stealth vanes there 3" long low profile and excellent flight from them it be a good happy medium to your dilemma

27-Jan-17
I use AAE max stealth vanes there 3" long low profile and excellent flight from them it be a good happy medium to your dilemma

27-Jan-17
I've used Blazers for about as long as they've been around, for many reasons.

They're extremely durable, and I've never had an adhesion problem. I use an Arizona EZE-Fletch Mini, which puts a very impressive helical on a short vane. I also shoot 6" BH bows with drop away rests. With a 4" vane, my arrows rest on the fletching rather that on the shaft, which means the rest has to drop faster in order not to have any clearance issues. I don't like that.

As far as noise goes, I've never had an animal react to the shot prior to the arrow hitting. I can't imagine Blazer's sounding much different than normal, natural noise such as birds, wind, etc. I would think the thump of the bow would be much more of an issue rather than any "hiss of death".

27-Jan-17
A deer is going to hear your bow long before they hear your blazers. Been using them since they came out, before stores carried them. they are the toughest vane I ever used.

27-Jan-17
The hiss of death coming though the air becomes a problem on shots behond 20 yds

27-Jan-17
If you have problems with shots over 20yds, I'd tend to believe you've got problems other than Blazers.

27-Jan-17
These southern white tails are hunted so hard they are wired .

29-Jan-17
Certain species definitely react to arrow noise. Coues deer are one species. Bet money they react to arrow noise

29-Jan-17
When I shot feathers I hit a lot of deer high . Went to vanes and that all but stoped . Went to blazers started hitting deer high again . The deer here definitely react to arrow noise .

30-Jan-17
I had a jack rabbit run from the sound of the Blazer fletched arrow once but it was 120 yard shot....

• Sitka Gear