Paul@thefort 25-Jan-17
stagetek 25-Jan-17
BullHunter 25-Jan-17
Duke 25-Jan-17
oldgoat 26-Jan-17
SBH 26-Jan-17
stick slinger 26-Jan-17
25-Jan-17
Hey guys I am in the market for a ground blind on a budget and was just looking for some opinions. My dad recently got in a vehicle accident and won't be as mobile as he once was for upcoming turkey season. I'm looking for a blind that's big enough to fit a couple decent sized guys with gear so I can sit with him and help him out. Can't afford any of the high end blinds right now and would like to keep the price tag below $200. Thanks ahead for any replies!

25-Jan-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
With out regard to what blind. Here are a few suggestions.

Use smaller fold up chairs without arm rests but comfortable and with a back rest.

Store back packs out side and just have bow equipment in the blind with water and snacks. Easy to reach out the door if you need something from your packs.

Use , in the ground or attached to the bow, up right bow stands. Pictured is my Primos Dark Horse (not available any more) but I purchased it online at a discount price and free shipping.

I have found good priced blinds on Craigs list, etc, Paul

25-Jan-17
Bull, check out Barronett blinds. Very large. Medium priced.

25-Jan-17
Thanks guys. I will look into that. Anyone have any experience with the Barronett Hub cat 250? Decent blind? Sounds like a good size

25-Jan-17
Paul brings up some good points above... I have a couple of Primos blinds and have recently got into the Rhino Blinds, which I feel are great size for two hunting together, are constructed well with solid components (look at zippers closely as well as hubs as these are first to go), have solid customer support, and are economical.

Good luck--

26-Jan-17
Me and my wife can sit in a Double Bull using recurves, so with shotguns or compounds they should work even easier. They can be had for near your price range used, keep your eye to the classifieds and auction sight. I think they have the best window and black out on the inside of all the ones I've used

26-Jan-17
Big Mike's have plenty of room for two. $189

26-Jan-17
Another suggestion to optimize space is to hang stuff from the ceiling. An S hook off of bungee cords works well for hanging your bow or pack and saves floor space. You may need to twist the hook out of alignment in order to optimize positioning if you keep an arrow nocked.

• Sitka Gear