flyingbrass 28-Jan-17
Bowboy 29-Jan-17
Paul@thefort 29-Jan-17
WV Mountaineer 29-Jan-17
Salagi 29-Jan-17
25-Jan-17

flyingbrass's embedded Photo
getting rid of the nest robbers! my first bobcat!

25-Jan-17

better than nothin'
better than nothin'
I consider this a bowhunting worthy post because bobcats kill lots of fawns and eat lots of turkey eggs. Predator management is a good thing! Proud of my first cat!

25-Jan-17
Beautiful cat , what are you doing with it?

25-Jan-17
Nice cat congrats, is that a big one for your area?

25-Jan-17
That's a beautiful cat John! Love how well spotted he is. Congrats. What do you plan on doing with him? A bobcat with a bow is high on my bucket list. I've killed quite a few with a rifle, but haven't had a chance at one when I had a bow in my hands.

25-Jan-17
The little fellow seemed to be perturbed. I'll never forget my son walking right past one that he had trapped. Evidently the cat had snagged the drag and then backtracked a little. My son found the drag and then started following the chain backwards ( with his eyes ) and was standing about five feet from a pissed off bobcat ! Or the one I found in a tree directly over my head ! I quit using drags after that, because I want to know where the little fellows are before they start chewing on my ankle. Pretty cat !

25-Jan-17
That is awesome! Congrats!!

25-Jan-17
Nice!! I loved trapping cats. Wish I had the time now to do it more.

25-Jan-17
trapped him in a MB-550 offset jaw 2 coil trap with Cavens Violator-7 lure.

25-Jan-17
Good look'n cat...Nice job!

26-Jan-17
Beautiful cat!!

Congrats!!

Mark

26-Jan-17
Nice!!

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

26-Jan-17
Congrats! I have yet to even see one in the wild.

26-Jan-17
Congrats. MBs are great traps. I've used 750s for beaver and never had a wring out.

26-Jan-17
Beautiful cat. We have to release them here. Released a big male a week ago. We tried to get a season on them but failed. I end up releasing several every winter. See a lot in the woods. One checks out my chicken pen every night hoping I left it open and they hang out around bird feeders.

26-Jan-17
Congratulations. No doubt a worthy post. If you trap more, post'em up! One of the best on-going regular threads on Bowsite is a trapping thread.

26-Jan-17
Nice cat Drycreek. I don't trap anymore and never got a bobcat when I did. Now i see them a lot more hunting/driving... Still have all my trapping stuff, so maybe someday. The biggest memory trapping was when my buddy called me to help him get a yearly bear out of one of his sets. It was a 49 lber and we know that because we could not get it out. Had to call the wco. I don't know how it didn't jack the stakes out. It was caught by the front toes.. This was back in about 1985.. At least,, get it tanned. Ed

26-Jan-17
little, but pretty coat.

26-Jan-17
Looked at your picture again. That cat is very pretty compared to ours up on the border. Ours are dusky looking. A big male will go 40 pounds. The Maine record is over 70 pounds. Saw one take a partridge years ago and one took a big buck on my property. Slashed its throat. It was a blood bath. I caught him, hoping to get a coyote, and released him. He was a big male and not happy to see me. He immediately went back to his deer and sat on it spitting at me. I put out two snow sets this morning and can almost bet that they will be checked out by a cat tonight. Get that cat tanned as that one is gorgeous. Wish we could trap them here and keep one. I would like just one for the wall.

26-Jan-17
Congrats

26-Jan-17
Well done nice looking cat

26-Jan-17
Congrats to you. I also caught my first one this year. This is the first time I've tried trapping. I did it to help my deer and turkey population. Quite a few coons were also taken. Should help the nesting next spring.

28-Jan-17
and my first gray fox! I've caught 15 coons and 3 possums. I got to be helping the turkeys.

28-Jan-17

29-Jan-17
Congrats on the nice cat.

29-Jan-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
A Kansas cat

29-Jan-17
flyinbrass, I'd mount that cat. You'll look long and hard to find such a beautifully spotted coat. That's a once in a lifer based on my experience. He's beautiful. God Bless men

29-Jan-17
That is a beautiful cat, congratulations! One of the critters around here I have never been able to catch trapping. About the only time I can trap is during the Christmas vacation from school. If I had really realized how much prime hunting/trapping time teaching and driving a bus would take, I might have tried a little harder to be a veterinarian. ;)

• Sitka Gear